Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bad News Husband tortured and killed dog

What kind of inhuman cnut would do such a thing? I don't even like dogs, but when I look at that poor mutt and what he had to go through....

Husband tortured and killed dog

A man who killed his wife's dog and threatened to kill her has been sentenced to six months in jail.

William Streeter taunted his wife as he left Mac hanging in the garage

William David Streeter, 29, of Cloyfin Park, Coleraine, was convicted of seven counts of animal cruelty and one of making threats to kill.

The judge said it was one of the worst cases he had seen involving animals.
    Streeter hanged golden retriever Mac by his collar, kicked him with steel toe-capped boots and hit him with a boulder in October 2006.

North Antrim Magistrates' Court heard that he threatened to kill his wife two days after the dog's death.

The one-year-old pedigree dog died after Streeter put a choke chain around its neck and hanged it from a rafter in his garage.

The dog suffered severe bruising and swelling to his back and head as well as two broken ribs. There was also evidence of bleeding on his brain and lungs.
    One day earlier, he had left the dog hanging in the garage and taunted his wife who untied her
    much-loved pet.

Speaking outside court, Streeter's former wife Alison McMonagle said she believed the sentence should have been longer.

"He was just like Jack Nicholson (in The Shining) - it was as if he was inhuman. He was just pure evil. "I was shocked, I thought the sentence should maybe be a wee bit longer. Mac's laid to rest today. It was the one thing I wanted to do and I did it," she said.
    A defence lawyer said Streeter "has accepted that his behaviour on the days in question went far beyond the pale, he has made no excuse for his behaviour.
    "He simply lost it. It is behaviour that he sincerely and genuinely regrets."

Magistrate Richard Wilson said he had little alternative but to impose a custodial sentence.
    He said he wanted to convey the court's disapproval and detestation of what happened over a period of days in imposing an immediate prison term.

Streeter was released on bail pending a High Court appeal. As part of his sentence, he was banned from having an animal for 10 years.

Link
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Husband tortured and killed dog

Fcuking sad piece of shit,was'nt man enough to pick on someone who would fight back,bastard,make's me sick,seem's to be a lot of this thing happening now,if it's not animal's it's kid's,make me sick.

Thanks
    Karma Level

First class cunt, but then, you don't get much more if you rape a child in this country.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'd do time for giving that cunt the battering he deserves. Abusing helpless creatures includes animals & young kids. They're both trusting and stupid. People who abuse this need their fucking arms chopped off.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Lousy t@ should have his balls smeared in dogfood and the hounds released!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    As part of his sentence, he was banned from having an animal for 10 years.
    That's just ridiculous, he should be permanently banned.