Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Saving Scheme that pays out once a month

Hi guys,

I'm a full time student on a 4 year (thats standard in Scotland) BSc in Computing Science. Now I've added an extra year between 3rd and 4th to do a placement so that I have some experience when I leave uni.

Problem: In third year I worked (averaged across the whole year) 35 hours a week in addition to uni. This year, I'm on a pretty decent full time salary for my placement. Next year is 4th year and I'm not going to be able to work much more than 8 hours a week or so without fucking up the very difficult 4th year project.

This is going to make a pretty big dent in my lavish lifestyle, considering I live at home and mooch off the parents so my income is almost all disposable.

So my plan: pay into some sort of scheme now that will pay out a lump of moola every month when I'm back at 4th year of uni, about half the money I need, then I can earn the other half. I'm actually really good at not spending money and reckon i could live off just having a lump sum saved up to dip into, but I'd rather do it this way. I also reckon i can combine it with some good(ish) intrest since the money be in the scheme for over a year.

Nationwide will let me have as many eBonds as I want where I basically just put in the cash i want and they give me it back, plus 7%, 1 year later. My best plan so far is just to make one every month this year so that they pay out every month next year.

This seems a bit sketchy though, surely there must be some scheme that will do multiple payouts.

Anybody got any thoughts?
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Saving Scheme that pays out once a month

Only advice on investing I can give (this is not payout every month) is buy into Silver ETF's now for a year or so.

Read into it mate, this is this generations big investment chance!
    "Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Saving Scheme that pays out once a month

I doubt you'll find a really high interest rate for monthly interest.

Maybe http://www.kaupthingedge.co.uk/ might be suitable, either the 6 month or 12 month saving account or even just the current account
    Download my latest breaks and electro mixes or listen to Sellout Breaks FM