Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Unwanted tattoos can be removed by cream injected into skin - without pain or scarrin

i just nicked this off the mail online site (found it though digg)

personally i dont think i want to get rid of any of mine but in 10-20 years with this i could start allover again lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-scarring.html
    Unwanted tattoos can be removed by cream injected into skin - without pain or scarring

By Rebecca Camber

Tattoos can often be a case of ink now, regret later.

Extracting the dye from the skin has usually been a painful process.

However, cosmetic surgeons are now offering what they say is a more efficient and less painful way of removing body art.

Enlarge Step-by-step: The Rejuvi cream is injected through tiny needles and causes the ink to come to the surface of the skin, form a scab and then drop off
    A cream called Rejuvi can be injected into the skin in much the same way as the ink is injected into the top layers of the epidermis to create the tattoo.
    The Rejuvi is absorbed by the pigmented cells and bonds with the pigment, say experts.

This softens the ink and pushes it to the surface of the skin where it forms a scab.

When the scab falls off after six to eight weeks, the ink goes with it.

Experts claim the technique, first used in the U.S., has a higher success rate than laser treatment, is cheaper, less painful and has a minimal risk of scarring.
    Stuart Harrison, director of Oxford Skin Clinics, which has just started using the process in its Harley Street, Richmond and Oxford clinics said: 'It is uncomfortable rather than painful but it is less painful than having the tattoo itself and certainly a lot less painful than having laser treatment.
    'Laser works by breaking up the ink pigmentation. However this works by using the body's natural processes.

'The reason that a tattoo stays there is that a coating is put around the ink to protect it from the body's immune response.
    'But this cream makes the ink identifiable to the body so that it realises the ink is there and starts rejecting it and healing itself.'
    The technique was first pioneered in the U.S. but until recently the only way of using the cream was forcing it into the skin which had a 'cheese grater' effect on the skin.
    Now a new micropigmentation gun can apply cream under the surface of the skin without scarring.
    Previously the most popular method of removal in the UK has been laser treatment which breaks up the tattoo pigment in the skin, flushing the particles away through the immune system.
    However, it can take several treatments and some complain the ink never completely fades.
    Other treatments include a skin peeling acid or dermabrasion which involves freezing the skin and sloughing it off with a rotary tool.
    It can lead to scarring and even a skin graft.
    Some tattoos are surgically cut out but only when they are too deep to be treated with laser.
    But Mr Harrison claims that this cream has a minimal risk of scarring.

He added: 'There is a risk of scarring but it is probably no worse than an ordinary cut.
    'Aftercare is important to minimise the risk of any scaring.'
    However, the efficacy of Rejuvi has been questioned on some U.S. chat forums.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Unwanted tattoos can be removed by cream injected into skin - without pain or sca

Interesting that Cas

the first comment on the source link.
    I hope that reading this article doesn't encourage more people to have these awful disfigurements done to them. When I was younger only certain types had tattoos and in some occupations eg catering you would ot get a job if you had them on visible parts of your body. I can't believe anyone finds them in the least attractive. They are cheap, tacky and always associated with the lowest form of taste.
    Theres me thinking Shell suits where the lowest form of taste

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Unwanted tattoos can be removed by cream injected into skin - without pain or sca

Don't get it done in the first place, if you get a 5hit one that ends up looking wank it serves you right. If you choose a cheap arse design it serves you right!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooed Freak View Post
    Don't get it done in the first place, if you get a 5hit one that ends up looking wank it serves you right. If you choose a cheap arse design it serves you right!

couldnt have put it better my self, i was astounded how many young lasses there has been this year with crap on their shoulders i was in asda a week ago and i counted 4 women with the same tattoo

Thanks
    Karma Level

A friend of mine, while in a "fcuk life" state of mind when into a tattooist and told him he wanted a tribal type arm to shoulder piece, not sure what he wanted and the artist could freestyle. Lucky for him it looked cool and the artist didnt get bored mid way

Cost him 600 quid and about 12 hours i think he said. (not in 1 go obviously)

Thanks
    Karma Level

hes lucky then cos not a lot of tattooists can freestyle tribal well (im sure they can all do it just with varying degrees of sucess) £600 for a tribal done in 12 hours seems a lot to me after all theres not a lot of detail just the outline and then the shading (which can look a bugger if not done right)