Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nikon D40

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Nikon D40

Quote Originally Posted by BertRoot View Post
    How about a nice Sigma 24-70mm? Great thing to replace the kit lens with.

i think youd find it easier to sell if you sold the CPL and pinchcap separate mate and dropped the lens a few quid....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}} View Post
    i think youd find it easier to sell if you sold the CPL and pinchcap separate mate and dropped the lens a few quid....
    Buhahahahahahahaha. I'll get back to you on that.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just been emailed by the person I bought from through amazon with this:

Hello,
    Thanks for buying this item and making a prompt payment.I am planning to despatch this item tomorrow afternoon. I am not a professional seller and I understand fully sometimes one need to go thru pain when making online purchase. I would like to mention few points about the item to ensure you will be happy with what you have purchased. In case you disagree I will refund your money.

- This camera was owned by my brother who moved and left the item with me to sell off.
    - It is in very good condition with no visible problem except the one cosmetic I mentioned in my listing. It is in boxed condition with all accessory, cables, softwares, books and also the extras I mentioned in the listing.
    - I took the camera out for one day trip for testing and took some photograph here is the link:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/amit.ks2...urnSafariPark#

- I have not found any defect or problem with the camera. But once I despatch the item , if you are unhappy for any reason I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REFUND.

Please let me know if you are happy with this.
    Regards
    Amit
    This has worried me a bit. Sound like a scam?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BertRoot View Post
    How about a nice Sigma 24-70mm? Great thing to replace the kit lens with.
    I think you'll find the versitility of the Sigma 17-70mm would suit your needs a little better
    "There's nothing worse than arguing with someone who knows what they're talking about...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

I would forward that to Amazon as they are a seller on Amazon and ask if what he is quoting is right as he may be breaching their terms as a seller.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by super mike View Post
    This has worried me a bit. Sound like a scam?
    As far as I know, any person selling an item in the EU is bound by the Distance Selling Regulations (not just registered traders).

This is from Amazon's T&C's but I'm unsure whether this covers independant sellers using their service:

Amazon.co.uk:Help > Our Returns Policy > Your Statutory Rights

Your Statutory Rights
    Cooling-off Period

1. Purchases

At Amazon.co.uk we want you to be delighted every time you shop with us. Occasionally though, we know you may want to return items. That's why under our 30-day returns guarantee, if for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition within 30 days of the date you received the item (14 days for large items. Read more about our 30-day returns guarantee at: www.amazon.co.uk/returns-policy.

By law, customers in the European Union also have the right to withdraw from the purchase of an item within seven working days of the day after the date the item is delivered. This applies to all of our products except for digital items (eg: e-Books) where the item has been downloaded. We regret that we also cannot accept cancellations of contracts for the purchase of video, DVD, audio, video games, Sex and Sensuality products and software products where the item has been unsealed. (Please note that cancellation of Amazon.co.uk DVD Rental by Post services are governed by different rules and discussed further down this page.)
    "There's nothing worse than arguing with someone who knows what they're talking about...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

Spooked me a bit too much, so I backed out of it and reported it to amazon, just got to see how long it takes for me to get some dosh back and get back on the market.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Found a refurbed 400D on ebay, paypal was jessops which suprised me, So I'm a happy bunny!

Thanks
    Karma Level

OK Give up nobody likes the D40 then.I have a D40 and yes it does auto focus and is hardly any difference than the D400.Only had it for three weeks but so far changhing from slr manual focus to dslr and both I know what I prefer and thats the D40.Lenses are also cheap if you search around I got a sigma 300mm zoom for £99 so wheres the expense and batterys are cheap as well got my spare from 7day.com for only £7 and sd cards on that site are cheap as well

Thanks
    Karma Level

just ordered a d40 myself, after a lot of reading and reviews i plumped for it, just over 200 quid new you cant complain.

i also checked out lense prices and there not bad priced as the above poster stated.

looked at loads of pics taken with the d40 too, might not be the choice for the big boys but its certainly my choice, ive not seen a bad word about it anywhere on the net.

my first dslr too so the fact its aimed at us new users with the easy interface means i shouldnt go far wrong taking pictures.

only ordered it today do it'll be 3- 4 days (not inc weekend) before i get it.
    [CENTER][COLOR=Blue]TASK FORCE 141, DOOM ON YOU MR.TANGO! MW2 COMPLETE ON VETERAN

ARROGANT YES., FULL OF SHIT YES, ALWAYS RIGHT,YES.
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thanks
    Karma Level

The d40 is a good starting point for a dslr ,the only draw back is it doesnt have auto-focus built into the camera ,meaning if you want to use the autofocus feature you need to buy a lens that has the feature on it ,i.e. an AF-S lens ,but the lower end glass is easily affordable and should give some really good results .
    Signature Removed: Maximum signature image size is: 468 x 60

Thanks
    Karma Level

well ive seen some snaps with the lense that comes with it and they look as good as some pro shots ive seen.

i dont really see the auto focus as a draw back tbh, it just means you have to buy the right ones and when you do it does what any other slr does, takes good quality pictures.

cant wait for it to arrive, just starting to get in to taking real pictures so there may be more from me in this section, a section ive not really entered before on here.

one feature that stands out on the d40 is even if you have it on manual mode if the camera thinks you have fooked the settings up a question mark flashes in the bottom left corner with intructions or should i say suggestions on how to right it for a good pic, for a beginner to slr cameras i think this will help me learn what settings to use in certain environments, which in the end will only help me if i decide to upgrade down the line to a cam which has not instruction tips for the right setting for the right picture.
    [CENTER][COLOR=Blue]TASK FORCE 141, DOOM ON YOU MR.TANGO! MW2 COMPLETE ON VETERAN

ARROGANT YES., FULL OF SHIT YES, ALWAYS RIGHT,YES.
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thanks
    Karma Level

by many reviews the d60 or d80 are in a similar price range to the 450 canon and a choice for people wanting to break into the more serious camera range.

from what i gather the d90 is the same with video functionality.

my brother in law is a professional photographer and swears by Nikons.

I'll be getting the d60 or D80 in the new year....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12