Ok, have to share this one. Tried it on Sunday and it was a piece of piss!!

What you need:

100ml Olive Oil (Although I think this is too much! Can prob get away with 70ml)
50g Pine Nuts
75g Fresh Basil - MUST be fresh
50g fresh Parmigiana Parmesan Cheese either grated or a chunk to grate your self.

OK, brown off the pine nuts in a dry frying pan.
Add the pine nuts, half of the oil and the Basil torn into shreads into a dish to be blended (I have a hand blender so put it into the jug it came with.
Blend down into a paste.
Pour the contents into a small suacepan and add the Parmesan(grated) and the oil as required whilst heating through. You only want to heat it through not boil it! Add a little salt and pepper to taste.

Now the above is concentrated, what you should do next is:

Grab 400g of Linguine and boil for 8 mins in salted water (avoid the oil, you will see why shortly). To test it after the 8 mins, grab a piece and bite into it. If it sticks to your teeth it is not done yet. Continue to cook until it does not stick to your teeth.
Once done, drain the water BUT keep the water.....
Put the pasta back into the pan, add the pesto and also add a good ladle of the water from the pasta.
Stir this all up until the pesto is distributed nicely.

Serve and eat!! This will serve 4 people, or 2 people and lunch the next day for you

In addition I did the following as an addition to the above for my meal the other night:
You need,
a Chicken Breast
a Pack of Cherry Tomatoes
Seasoning (see the following)
Some nice fresh French Brie Cheese

Take a chicken breast and cut into chunks.
Cook this off in a frying pan with some mixed herbs (dried will do), salt, pepper and if you fancy it, a sprinkle of paprika and chilli powder.
Once cooked through (try not to brown it off, cook it slowly on a low heat) add a pack of cherry tomatoes - halved and cook through slightly trying not to much up the tomatoes.
Cook it all through and place on top of the pasta/pesto on a plate.
FINALLY to top it off, and trust me this is quality even if you do not like the next ingredient, put a generous slice of Brie cheese on the top.

It is fantastic! and the best thing is you cooked most of it by hand

Got the idea from some recepies I saw kicking around, but it is amazsing how easy the Pesto et al is.

Enjoy and let me know if you try it. The missus was well impressed, although she said I should have used more Basil with the Chicken and not mixed herbs... I'm not sure, I enjoyed it but she is probably right.