Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Yellow Absinthe 80% - 160 Proof

Anyone ever tried any? I bought some back from Majorca on Sunday.They had different types: Black Absinthe, Red absinthe and even cannibis absinthe all at 80% vol.

I litterally had less than a mm in the cap and I couldnt taste anythin for an hour after!. I've had a quick look on the net and it says the way to drink it is with a sugar cube and ice cold water dripped over it till its diluted. Many are saying its too dangerous to drink straight.

Never tried any before and heard about all the hallucinations etc so whats the best way to experience it?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Yellow Absinthe 80% - 160 Proof

I bought a green bottle back from Corfu, says 62% on the bottle and a quick sniff got rid of my nose hair

Not tried it yet tho.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Loads of times mate, it will make you literally legless before you feel pissed which is funny to watch but a bitch if it's you. One shot of the 80% stuff really hits you.

It is an ancient drink that was part of many cultures. Was banned accross France due to a lot of artists and others going mad because of it. You are said to see the green fairy when it is drank properly as you hallucinate. The proper stuff is brewed with 5 herbs/drugs IIRC, thujone and wormswood being the two main active ingredients.

The old Czech ritual to drink it is to have a absinthe spoon over a glass with a sugar cube on it, pour a shot of absinthe over the sugar cube and ignite until it caramelises, pour a shot of ice cold water over it and use the spoon to stir the water, caramel, and shot together whilst covering the top of the glass to keep the fumes in. Then breathe in the fumes and drink or shot the drink.

There are many alternatives accross the world, I hate anniseed so don't drink this really. I have a litre of cheap purple spanish absinthe here and some small bottles of mixed colours. Always wanted to try the cannabis one although all it has in it is seeds, it's more of a gimmick.

The legal limit of thujone is something like 5mg in the UK but there is a bottle in Germany called something like King Gold which is 100mg, the strongest (drug wise) branded absinthe in the world AFAIK and costs £125-150 a bottle usually.

Thanks
    Karma Level

is there anything you dont know about thats related to drugs

Thanks
    Karma Level

I`ve had this three times before.
    First time I had 2 shots of it within 30mins of each other and don`t remember much more of the night (tho I was awake, with mates, talking apparently and got home safe etc)

Second time it didnt really affect me, but was probably some fake shit as was bought from a dodgy bar in Bolton

Third time was a poker night at a mates, he had the Marijuana one, and it is a bit of a gimmick, had a few shots each, but can`t really comment on the effects as copius amounts of other substances were also taken, so we were all pretty monged.

Good night tho - won £30

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm fairly sure the victorians used to mix it with laudinum - an opium derivative? as it was supposed to bring on halucinations.

Then again, I could be talking shite.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by I Black Belt View Post
    I'm fairly sure the victorians used to mix it with laudinum - an opium derivative? as it was supposed to bring on halucinations.

Then again, I could be talking shite.
    That might well be true mate but it is also brewed with active herbs/drugs that are hallucinogenic.

Loads of info here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absinthe

Mummy's little soldier I Black Belt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

lol I guess anywhichway it's a direct route to cuntedville..

Thanks
    Karma Level

I love absinthe, i got into it after a trip to Bratislava. Bought myself a spoon aswell which is definately the way to drink it over an ice cube, you can get them on ebay for pretty cheap. Personal fave is the blue (70%) Its good stuff.

Apparently van goch was drinking it when he chopped his ear off.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Unless you're capable of drinking heroic amounts of very high alcohol spirits without getting completely wasted you can forget about getting any effect from the thujone.

Regarding the absinthe spoon, you could just use a tea strainer if you don't want to splash out one.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've bought stuff from here before a few times.. great stuff absinthe!

Thanks
    Karma Level

had some green hapsburg 90% once. Was fucking awesome. Be sure to get some with actual wormwood in. A lot of the stuff they sell in the uk is just overpriced shite. eg Sebora
    I was touched by Jesus, so i had him arrested.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Had some Absynth first time in Prague about 3 years ago - We all thought we were high on drugs. Very weird shit can happen after some Ansynth! So what did my mate do, bought a bottle of it home from duty free (80%)

We do it now and again before going out but damn does it knock you for 6! Only had the green one.

Best idea ever was to take some with us on our last holiday and swap one of our mates mouthwash with Absynth - We didnt go through with it as we were too pissed to do it when we came back from an evening out. Can you imagine using that as mouthwash in the morning after going out on the razz!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy online?
    If you can smell it, it's in your mouth.
    Click

Thanks
    Karma Level

For the absinthe spoon, when me and a mate did some, we used dessert spoons, and just put notmal sugar rather than cubes - normal sugar should melt more easily.

Never done the 80% stuff, but only time I did a load was once at uni. Had 4 wkd's in the student union then bought 70cl of 60% stuff (maybe 70 but I think it was 60). We did the bottle half half until the last quarter when he felt sick and had to go home. I stayed with my mates, who were smoking weed while I polished off the remainder.

No hallucinations or anything, but the buzz was slightly different - I kind of felt a bit more mashed in my head then I seemed outside, strange feeling but felt good.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sebor is supposed to be the best. Buy it from their website, they occaisionally have offers for free spoons and stuff with the bottles.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Had big bottles of the yellow one shown and the green one in a diamond shaped bottle. Used to have a few shots of it before a night out. A mate of mine melted part of his plastic garden table setting the green one on fire. Very lethal but good stuff.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

If you want good stuff buy La Fee blue editions. There normal stuff is pretty standard.

TBH you will be lucky to get a decent absinthe in the UK without importing, as it's legal they just mass produce it and slap the name absinthe on it knowing it will sell because of that. It's practically it's own brand name! Tesco and Sainsburys used to sell it, once again nothing special but if you want to give it a go.

See here for some better ones with reviews.

Thanks
    Karma Level

get a mug fill a bit with this shit then add some lemonaide.... repeat twice.... it'll be the cheapest night in town ever. Oh you wont remember a damn thing! But other people will have some good stories to tell you in the morning.