Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Down Syndrome Guy Knocked Out For Hitting Small Child

bingo!! its alright saying he shouldnt have done it and the parent would have got chinned if id been there but this happened in a second, if i walked in to mc'd or where ever it was and saw someone kicking my 3/4 yr old it would be same result bam your laid out, act first ask questions later. family comes first and you look out for them.

just becuae the guy had downs dont change a thing in that split second. after the fact the guy might have felt bad and regretted doing it but regretting is an after thought you cant take back what you have done but at that split second in time the fight or flight human nature thing id say 99.9% of fathers would have laid the guy out, then probably 99.9% would regret it after seeing the kid had downs.

commenting after the fact by watching the vid isnt a good indicator of what should have happened or who is the bigger cunt.

me, the guys getting a slap then id think about it and whether to regret it afterwards, but theres those people who act and those that dont. we aint all the same so we all wont agree on who's the cunt in the vid.
    [CENTER][COLOR=Blue]TASK FORCE 141, DOOM ON YOU MR.TANGO! MW2 COMPLETE ON VETERAN

ARROGANT YES., FULL OF SHIT YES, ALWAYS RIGHT,YES.
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    bingo!! its alright saying he shouldnt have done it and the parent would have got chinned if id been there but this happened in a second, if i walked in to mc'd or where ever it was and saw someone kicking my 3/4 yr old it would be same result bam your laid out, act first ask questions later. family comes first and you look out for them.

just becuae the guy had downs dont change a thing in that split second. after the fact the guy might have felt bad and regretted doing it but regretting is an after thought you cant take back what you have done but at that split second in time the fight or flight human nature thing id say 99.9% of fathers would have laid the guy out, then probably 99.9% would regret it after seeing the kid had downs.

commenting after the fact by watching the vid isnt a good indicator of what should have happened or who is the bigger cunt.

me, the guys getting a slap then id think about it and whether to regret it afterwards, but theres those people who act and those that dont. we aint all the same so we all wont agree on who's the cunt in the vid.
    agreed

THE BARON

Thanks
    Karma Level

I tend to agree there are several aspects you may not know for one there is no sound so you don't know if the kid screamed out, the father would not have been aware of how hard the kick was as he was behind the child, it was an instant reaction without pause so I very much doubt he was aware at the time the person doing it had Downs Syndrome. Not saying he was right I'm just looking at the bigger picture or what that could be.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

My opinion is, in defence of the father who was protecting his kid, saw red and punched the fella after seeing his kid being assaulted (albeit hardly touched, but could have been worse!).

I dont suppose he realised until it was already done that the bloke had Down's, but even still, given the circumstances, if a fully grown man done the same to my kid and I didnt see it on the CCTV first, I'm going to have to say, I'd probably do the same and regret it afterwards.

IMO, the overeation was from the fella that reacted through the kid being a kid. This is the society we live in and this sort of thing happens far too often.

Neither are 'at fault' although, someone with Downs and are liable to react in such a way should be accompanied and supervised by a carer at all times in public.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Bouncer View Post
    I tend to agree there are several aspects you may not know for one there is no sound so you don't know if the kid screamed out, the father would not have been aware of how hard the kick was as he was behind the child, it was an instant reaction without pause so I very much doubt he was aware at the time the person doing it had Downs Syndrome. Not saying he was right I'm just looking at the bigger picture or what that could be.
    hence why i said its hard to comment by watching a vid, unless it was you there in person its hard to say what the result would have been,

tbh i think the guy didnt see the kid had downs (unless he was a big arsehole) and he just lashed out to teach the guy a lesson, a "you dont touch my kid and get away with it" type thing, and i still say high 90's would have done the same thing.

but again i cant comment fully as i wasnt there and nobody here was, could be that had it been one of us we might have seen he had downs and then just bollocked the carer instead. to me though he didnt see that and i bet he felt a right cunt afterwards, but at the time in his head it was the right thing to to in that split second and you cant call him a cunt after the fact just because you have the luxury of watching it over and over on video and know even before you watch it that the guy has downs.

had the vid not mentioned downs and had you not been able to tell (poor qual video) then every comment in here would be id have laid the guy out too.
    [CENTER][COLOR=Blue]TASK FORCE 141, DOOM ON YOU MR.TANGO! MW2 COMPLETE ON VETERAN

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

had the vid not mentioned downs and had you not been able to tell (poor qual video) then every comment in here would be id have laid the guy out too.
    Nope I still think he overreacted - mebbe a few years ago I would have gone in and twatted him without thinking twice - I been fucked over doing this before tho so have learnt my lesson I guess.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ok maybe wrong use of words, maybe not everyone saying id do the same, but there wouldnt be many complaints about the guy who did do it in the vid. i think hes getting a bum rap because the kid had downs, i dont think too many would have objected if the guy was 100% in mind and body, the big deal isnt been made of what he did but rather who he did it to, even the title of the vid suggests that, to me anyways.

if the vid showed a guy (not a downs) kicking a child , people would be saying wtf was he thinking kicking a kid. anyone disagree on that? then dad comes in a lays the guy out, after seeing the guy kick the kid i dont think may would even be bothered what the dad did.

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Sorry folks but if you are incapable of thinking before acting then you are wrong ALWAYS.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Whilst I can see where the 'twat 'im' crowd are coming from, Blaggard is right, thoughts need to be placed, and a thought there would have prevented a disabled person getting laid out.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Just because you feel that way don't assume everyone does. Not only did he hit a guy with downs but he knocked someone out in front of his son - hardly good parenting.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    Just because you feel that way don't assume everyone does. Not only did he hit a guy with downs but he knocked someone out in front of his son - hardly good parenting.
    I agree to a degree but in saying that if i glanced up and saw an adult kick my infant son i too would crack him immediately probably without even noticing he had downs.

I'd also crack a 7 foot tall bodybuilder in the same circumstances without thinking "hmmm if i hit him he may fill me in" it's just the protective instinct in some is stronger than others.

I am also in the camp of believing the carer is at fault for the whole incident.

Thanks
    Karma Level

imo he did think first, he saw someone kicking his child and reacted in a way most dads would, it only takes a split second to make.

even folk who sit back and think for 5 mins can still make the wrong choice, its not down to how long the thought process was.

just my take on it, i wouldnt think i was wrong doing it at the time, but hindsight is a thing we dont have and we all react differently and at different speeds, still doesn't make us right or wrong in the end.

your in a car, you dont have chance to sit back and think, a dog runs out in the road, split second you have to make the choice hit it or swerve theres no time to stop,

what do you do, some will hit it some will swerve, same with this guy in the vid he could have sat back or he could have done what he did. no right or wrong at the time.

to carry on, those that hit the dog, you feel guilty?

right but what about those of you who swerved? you didnt kill the dog you feel good right.

then bang, because you swerved you lost control and hit a group of kids and killed them.

now what was the right choice in that split second? you cant go back and change the decision you make in a split second and thats what the guy did in the vid, sometimes you cant and sometimes you dont think with a lot of time.doesnt make him a bad parent either, where not the same and we react differently, good parenting how many times will or does that happen where someone hits your child in front of you, you can say you wouldnt do anything but until your in that postion you cant say for sure 100%. you dont now how you would feel honestly you dont.

you swerved to miss the dog with good intentions (that dont make you bad) but you hit the kids (still doesnt make you bad) but you would change your choice had you the luxury of time, and im sure the same goes for the guy who did the hitting in the vid but at the time he did what he thought right.

a bit long winded and off the topic but you have to think about it at the time, and not looking back in time to see what was the right choice.

im not trying to be argumentative i just see it that neither of them are in the right or wrong in the vid so to judge one way or the other isnt right. a fact proven by some saying they would do the same and others saying they wouldnt.

i think ive said enough as i'll just end up repeating myself over and over.

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

imo he did think first, he saw someone kicking his child and reacted in a way most dads would, it only takes a split second to make.

even folk who sit back and think for 5 mins can still make the wrong choice, its not down to how long the thought process was.

just my take on it, i wouldnt think i was wrong doing it at the time, but hindsight is a thing we dont have and we all react differently and at different speeds, still doesn't make us right or wrong in the end.

your in a car, you dont have chance to sit back and think, a dog runs out in the road, split second you have to make the choice hit it or swerve theres no time to stop,

what do you do, some will hit it some will swerve, same with this guy in the vid he could have sat back or he could have done what he did. no right or wrong at the time.

to carry on, those that hit the dog, you feel guilty?

right but what about those of you who swerved? you didnt kill the dog you feel good right.

then bang, because you swerved you lost control and hit a group of kids and killed them.

now what was the right choice in that split second? you cant go back and change the decision you make in a split second and thats what the guy did in the vid, sometimes you cant and sometimes you dont think with a lot of time.

you swerved to miss the dog with good intentions (that dont make you bad) but you hit the kids (still doesnt make you bad) but you would change your choice had you the luxury of time, and im sure the same goes for the guy who did the hitting in the vid but at the time he did what he thought right.

a bit long winded and off the topic but you have to think about it at the time, and not looking back in time to see what was the right choice.
    Rubbish analogy, my point still stands!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

im not arguing but you cant rubbish it as it is valid and states the point that what we do in a split second sometimes has no effect over parenting or the end out come,

i,ll let others read it and decide, you could disagree ok but to rubbish it i dont think so.

i,ll respect your views but i expect it in both directions you cant boo anothers views because of your own.

deff las tpost on it from me, i can see it getting out of hand pretty soon otherwise.

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thanks
    Karma Level

i can see it getting out of hand pretty soon otherwise.
    hope not,ive quite enjoyed reading the different views on this.

Thanks
    Karma Level

tbh if I saw someone kicking my kid there'd be prison time

he got off very lightly

anyone who argues otherwise isnt a dad

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't think he was right hitting the lad. What I would have done is check that my kid was OK first and then obviously seen that he hadn't really touched her and then i'd have noticed the lad had down syndrome and then spoke to then had some harsh words with the carer about it. Now if it got out of hand after that and this lad was still acting up i'd have grabbed a tray and smashed it into the lads face (i'm a soft cnut so would need a tray or something or i'll probably end up getting knocked out!).

IMO as a parent your first instinct should be "Is my child OK?" Not someone hurt my child so i'll hurt them, that should come after.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    Sorry folks but if you are incapable of thinking before acting then you are wrong ALWAYS.
    Totally agree...what if the person kicking the child had been a 15yo child himself?

Do you still just react....twat him....what are the consequences of him getting sparked out and cracking his skull open on a kerb/ table edge?

We all know its happened, 30 seconds thought could save you from 20years time!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    tbh if I saw someone kicking my kid there'd be prison time

he got off very lightly

anyone who argues otherwise isnt a dad
    Indeed, it wasn't that long ago that I found myself in a similar situation and ended up with a 2 stretch wrapped around my bollocks.
    Understeer is when you hit a wall with the front of your car
    Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of your car
    Horsepower is how fast your car hits the wall
    Torque is how far your car sends the wall across the field once you've hit it

Thanks
    Karma Level

Watched it a few times now and it looks to me like the fat woman is his mother/carer who was engrossed in ordering/paying.

I feel sorry for the poor little guy who entered the place all exited about being treated to a Happy meal or ice only to be traumatised by seeing his father knock someone out.

He will probably go through life now wrongly thinking his father is a hero and heavily rely on him to sort out all his future playground disputes.

I get the impression the guy with the disability in his different view of the world saw a vision of the little boy pushing infront of him and getting served first thus kicked him.

I could be wrong and as already stated as the clip has no sound its all open to peoples own interpretations of what they see in the clip.

One thing is for sure though it seems most of us have different views so I ask everyone to respect others views . That is not a call though for a flood of cheap swipe jokes mocking the afflicted.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast