Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Down Syndrome Guy Knocked Out For Hitting Small Child

I've learnt from past experience that iliminating the threat would be my first priority and ask questions later.....
    Not everyone has had the same experiences as me so people are going to disagree.

Although a feel sorry for the downs lad he was unpredictable and the lady looking after him would have known this and should have had a tighter grip on the situation...

Its the fat bitches fault...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    Sorry folks but if you are incapable of thinking before acting then you are wrong ALWAYS.
    I presume you have never had anyone try and stick a knife in you or smash a bottle in your face and when they interview people who snatch a child from the road just before a car hits them they always say the acted before thinking which I believe is true and in this case if there was even a split second pause in the incident I think he would be totally in the wrong but there wasn't and it was a pure reaction protecting his child he saw attacked.

Was he in the wrong YES of course he was, did he over react NO he just reacted you are able to take time to judge the situation he didn't have

Thanks
    Karma Level

Im surprised at how you can all make a judgement about the ability/inability of the downs sufferer from that video. To me, he doesn't look particularly severe, and regardless, many downs sufferers are perfectly intelligent and able people. I read a book a few years ago about a downs sufferer who made millions on the stock exchange, yet didn't have the courage to ever leave his house.

In my eyes, he is big enough and old enough to pay a consequence to his action. He quite clearly acted in a petulant and child like manner, that is clear, but that shouldn't excuse his actions. If any of my kids kicked out at a child like that they would face serious punishment from me. Sure, I wouldn't punch their lights out, but they would certainly get punished. The fathers actions to me are entirely excusable in this instance. I THINK I would punch first, ask questions later - of course, I don't know, its too speculative. Did the father actually see that the downs guy was indeed disabled? Or did he see "just another chav kid on his mobile" kicking his son? Rightly or wrongly I can totally side with his POV.

As for the father appearing to be a hero to his son - shouldn't ALL dads be heroes to their kids?

Thanks
    Karma Level

No one knows the full story about this clip for all we know the downs kid could of been messing with that child and got away with it and the childs father see's the down kids out and decided to giving him a pasting.

Thanks
    Karma Level

The guy saw his kid getting kicked and reacted just as I would've. I don't think he had time to see that the guy had Downs.

It does look lame but in the heat of the moment, what else was he to do?
    ©lubber Lang

CHAMP19NS

Thanks
    Karma Level

hmmmmmm, stop , think, ...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by c0axial View Post
    hmmmmmm, stop , think, ...
    Proverbs

Look before you leap

He who hesitates is lost

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

When I was expelled from school the last thing the head and deputy head said to me was "You need to start thinking about the consequences of your actions before you make them".

That's all very well for pre-meditated acts and something I slowly got the hang of after learning the hard way.

But instant reactions or rather natural instincts do not work like that. The guy's brain didn't even have chance to assess anything other than "my child is being kicked at (connection or not is irrelevant) by someone 3 times their size".

It was an instant and natural reflex, I know I would have done the same. It's not as if he kept kicking the shit out of the other guy once he was on the floor like you see in so many clips of this ilk.

Thanks
    Karma Level

as roach said... the emotional part of the brain supersedes and short circuits the rational part of the brain in situations like that.

its a natural pre-historic caveman reaction.

i still laughed tho.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by marcode View Post
    i still laughed tho.

thanks for that, my works monitor now has soup on it that I sprayed when reading that

THE BARON

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Down's Syndrome Guy Knocked Out For Hitting Small Child

Are we sure its a small child?, it could be that little fucker who played R2D2

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Are we sure its a small child?, it could be that little fucker who played R2D2
    Im sure Kenny Baker was white?
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

have to say I prolly would have just pinned the kid down and screamed in his face rather than flying in fists first. But then 15 stone of me on top of his chest with me spitting blood and rage would have traumatised him more then a swift slap to the chops.

I got a 5 year old who is not slightly aggressive (wish he was more coz he'll get picked on) and of course being a part time dad (one day a week) I think I kinda will be more protective over him than full time dad might be...just a theory mind

In short prolly launch myself at the dude with the view to scare the shit outta him, the slightest look of agression to me would involve a jab to the chin and a likely cracked rib or 2 (my speciallity)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nibb View Post
    Im sure Kenny Baker was white?
    went to school with his son (a cunt of the highest order)...deffo white dude, was also in time bandits

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    Sorry folks but if you are incapable of thinking before acting then you are wrong ALWAYS.
    As others have said, sometimes you don't have that luxury of being able to stop and think.

A related but different example I will give - around 2 months ago I was going to hospital for an eye infection. Nearly there, crossing a road, when a car on a main road decided to do a handbrake turn at high speed onto the road I was crossing. As soon as I heard the screeching I looked at car. As soon as I clocked car coming at me I sprang onto the pavement and jumped behind the metal bollards.

Then after a literally a second when I had time to understand what happened, I realised a car had just done the turn at high speed, would have hit me, so I then got out of it's way, and got myself into a stronger position should it come back for another attempt - all with fa concious thought by myself.

I often wish I was capable of thinking before doing things as I sometimes do things which I instantly regret, but if my brain was wired that way, it's quite likely I wouldn't be here right now.

With that in mind, I can't say what I would have done. I suppose it all depends on which bits my subconscious picked up.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Fuck me what a load of drivel.

It's nice to see that over millions of years of evolution that most members of this board are nothing more than knuckle dragging apes.

We may as well forget that we learnt to talk and just all revert back to using our fists.

Sounds like we got some potential UFC champs here, that is if they have a division for fat middle aged, deluded xbox live addicts.
    Digital-Forums IRC Last.FM duckduckgo
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I know I shouldnt laugh but I did HAHA!!

On a serious note yep the guy has Down syndrome but thats no excuse if he cant control himself then he should not be out in the community simple as that.

Nobody knows what was said too as there is no sound I suspect that the guy who hit him apologised after

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MajorFU View Post
    went to school with his son (a cunt of the highest order)...deffo white dude, was also in time bandits
    I know m8...that was my point...it could have been Tony Cox tho!
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Nibb; 28th October 2008 at 03:08 PM.
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

OK, the situation was not heated as in the fact the kids attacker had placed the kick and then backed off rather than continue to hit the kid. His mother/minder was already dragging him away after he misplaced his kick (which was fortunate)..

The first thing I would have done in this situation is go straight to my kid and see what harm has been done.

Then one of a number of things would have happened depending on how my kid was..
    If he/she was crying I would check for any injuries and if ok I would then goto to town verbally on the attacker & minder/mother. Then I would probably call the police.

If my kid was hurt, my initial instinct would be to probably go to town on the twat, however I would hope that I could see past the red mist and then go for the verbal assault.

But that's me, people are different. I'm not a fighter, never have been never will be. I try to avoid sticky situations as best I can and always will. Kids are difficult yes, but I would always try to keep my kid under control to never run off like this kid did in the video. Too many times I see kids running away from parents on the sides of roads etc... fucking total irresponsibility if you ask me! I got a nice slap on my backside when I was a kid for running off, it took a while to learn but I know I would always try to keep mine under control.

Who's to blame in this video? A lot of you have made your mind up already... To be honest I think both parties are... The father for not controlling his kid from running off and the minder/mother for not keeping a better eye on the other guy who is obviously sporadic in what he does.
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

there are some good comments on youtube i liked this one

BerenTol (14 hours ago) Show Hide
    -5 Poor comment Good comment
    Marked as spam
    Reply | Spam
    After several viewings I must concur with you scorpio. That little minority obviously had criminal intentions...(they almost always do, its a statistical certainty)...why else would he charge in towards the cash register like that? He was probably packing a gat inside his jacket too. I say Koodoz to our down syndrome hero for his quick and unselfish actions. I hope he at least got a free ice cream desert of some kind for his effort.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast