Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Suggestions for a new Tripod...

Don't forget to use it on the Mrs first. Does wonders for the head action in months to come.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers, I'll keep that in mind!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by neo2810 View Post
    Grip action heads are the spawn of the devil. I didn't even bother mentioning them cause I didn't think anyone was stupid enough to use them... I was wrong
    Well i dont get any problems with it ,and as for being stupid ,guess you should sort your facts out ,as it on of the best selling heads for studio work ...

Guess you had problems with it yourself ,its pretty easy to use ,didnt think anyone would struggle as its pretty simple
    Signature Removed: Maximum signature image size is: 468 x 60

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie101 View Post
    Well i dont get any problems with it ,and as for being stupid ,guess you should sort your facts out ,as it on of the best selling heads for studio work ...

Guess you had problems with it yourself ,its pretty easy to use ,didnt think anyone would struggle as its pretty simple
    Err... my post was toungue in cheek, but since you're going to attack my facts, I'd like to see your evidence.
    Grip heads are widely regarded as the worst of the lot and I don't have to back that up, it's common knowledge. The most popular studio heads are ball and geared for pro work.

I have played with one, never owned one. I didn't say they were difficult to use, just not accurate and the huge protruding grip is both ugly, and gets in the way.

If yours works for you, great.
    "There's nothing worse than arguing with someone who knows what they're talking about...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

Err... my post was toungue in cheek, but since you're going to attack my facts, I'd like to see your evidence.
    Grip heads are widely regarded as the worst of the lot and I don't have to back that up, it's common knowledge. The most popular studio heads are ball and geared for pro work.

I have played with one, never owned one. I didn't say they were difficult to use, just not accurate and the huge protruding grip is both ugly, and gets in the way.

If yours works for you, great.
    Guess we both like a bit of toungue in cheek and sarcasm ,as for evidence i own one along with about 20-30 Togs i do studio work with ,one even works for the daily mail (freelance) . With the addition of VR or even IS the slight movement you get on the head with larger lenses isnt a problem ,it is however no good for any heavy lenses ,but is quick enough to adjust and imo doesnt get in the way . It is however ugly i will give you that . Now if you were talking about the smaller ball heads like the modo one ,then i fully agree with you .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Guess we both like a bit of toungue in cheek and sarcasm ,as for evidence i own one along with about 20-30 Togs i do studio work with ,one even works for the daily mail (freelance) . With the addition of VR or even IS the slight movement you get on the head with larger lenses isnt a problem ,it is however no good for any heavy lenses ,but is quick enough to adjust and imo doesnt get in the way . It is however ugly i will give you that . Now if you were talking about the smaller ball heads like the modo one ,then i fully agree with you .
    Please don't tell me you use VR/IS while using a tripod??

You must have all the UK's grip users in one studio mate but as I said, if it works for you, then great. That's the thing about gear, what some like, others don't, but I assure you, grip heads are largely uncommon in the studio.
    "There's nothing worse than arguing with someone who knows what they're talking about...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

Please don't tell me you use VR/IS while using a tripod??
    sorry but i dont lol , just mentioned that it 'was ' available . If they were that bad ,i guess they wouldnt sell them .In a studio i dont use a tripod ,its 'all' handheld ,and i do a lot of studio work .

Thanks
    Karma Level

In a studio i dont use a tripod ,its 'all' handheld ,and i do a lot of studio work .
    Good to hear... You'll have your eye out with that thing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12