Close

Thread: Eden Lake

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Eden Lake

After watching the trailer I decided to watch it the weekend. The film is a well acted, smartly directed horror flick that's gory, disturbing, terrifying and topical to boot. The plot a young couple set out to have a fun weekend around a disused lake little do they know what horror is in store for them. A group of young hoodlums decide to steal their car and the consequences that follow are shocking. Pure evil and distasteful stuff is the main event throughout the film. Just makes you wonder why humans do such things to each other. A good watch but beware you might think you are not safe working down the street.
    Last edited by adriand; 13th December 2008 at 07:30 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Eden Lake

yup have to agree the scariest bit of the whole film is you can see this happing SOON! and we all know the parts of our towns\citys that are no go areas

Thanks
    Karma Level

I watched this last night (after your recommendation, thanks) and I agree, its a very good horror movie. As said it's very realistic, our towns are full of chav scum like the ones in the film. Ok you don't get many that take things to THIS extreme but you could see it happening one day. Also the parents were realistically portrayed too. The blood and gore was sick but again realistically done too.

Well worth the watch imo

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I pretty much agree, realistic, topical and coming to a Town near you soon!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

turned this off after about 30-40 mins as i found it disturbing. Far too likely to happen nowadays. I see gangs of "kids" like this quite a bit and the film scared me tbh!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quite liked this film mainly because as stated it can/has/will happen soon. Action was decent and in parts disturbing. Hats off also to all the actors too as they all seemed to play there parts well imo. My only gripe was
    Spoiler:
    Theres a few scenes where you would say naa, thats not what you would do like when they were escaping in there car and got stuck on the hill, surely you would reverse back and either take another run up or go another way. Also why was the alarm turned on after he crashed into the tree (later opening the boot). Finally the chavs were a little too intelligent imo too

Overall tho good film and worth a watch (Unless ur going camping by yourself in a remote area)
    If nature always takes the easiest route, what's easier...?
    The creation of billions of galaxies each containing trillions of stars each with their own solar systems, some with planets that have evolved civilisations with billions of different life forms. OR The creation of just your imagination?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Great film, very tense and as said " coming to a town near you...."

Spoiler:
    I cant believe that all those kids were very very chilled considering they were slicing someone up as well as setting a kids head on fire..

Thanks
    Karma Level

I liked it a lot. Didn't see it as any biting social commentary, just a good, horrible, vicious home-spun horror film. Yes, it could happen, but it could happen in France, Spain, Russia, Greenland, fucking anywhere. It didn't have the depth to be topical. Just take it as it is, The Famous Five Go on a Murder Spree.