Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default BNP activists' details published

BNP activists' details published

The BNP said the list was published maliciously

A list showing the full contact details of British National Party activists has been published online.
    The BNP says the list, which includes home phone numbers and e-mail addresses, dates from 2007 and some people are no longer members.
    BNP deputy leader Simon Darby called it "an underhand political attack", saying an ex-employee was to blame.
    Party leader Nick Griffin has complained to Dyfed Powys Police, who are investigating.
    Mr Darby said the publication could lead to identity theft and endanger children named in the list.
    He believes it was posted on Monday night by an ex-employee who had used it to send out party information to members.
    Earlier this year the party obtained an injunction from the High Court in Manchester banning any publication of the list.
    The anti-immigration party has won council seats in recent years, and took a London Assembly seat in May.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7736405.stm

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: BNP activists' details published

BNP fury as ENTIRE membership list of 10,000 is leaked onto internet and party threatens legal action

By Michael Lea
    Last updated at 8:47 PM on 18th November 2008

* Comments (0)
    * Add to My Stories

Uproar: BNP Party leader Nick Griffin

Uproar: BNP Party leader Nick Griffin

The entire British National Party membership list - including the names of children - has been posted on the internet.

Among more than 10,000 activists listed are a serving police officer, members of the Armed Forces, an actor, leading businessmen and former civil servants.

It shows just how deep the message of the far-Right organisation has penetrated the British political psyche.

And the leak caused huge alarm in companies and public bodies across the country as they searched the list for employees.

Internet chat sites, meanwhile, were awash with messages from members whose names, addresses, ages and other 'relevant' information had appeared, as they feared for their jobs.

One online comment read: 'I'm on the list, I could be chucked out of the Army. What is going on?'

Another blamed BNP leader Nick Griffin.

It said: 'The membership should demand Griffin stand down over this breach. He has put thousands of members at risk, and proved unfit to lead.'

Mr Griffin was last night said to have reported the incident to police, claiming a breach of the Human Rights Act.

But Dyfed Powys, which covers Welshpool where the BNP carries out much of its administration, was unable to confirm that a complaint had been made.

The party blamed Left-wing groups who may have infiltrated the organisation for posting the details, which date from late last year. Another theory is that the list was published by disgruntled former employees.

Its publication has been prevented under a High Court injunction obtained in April.

Simon Darby, the BNP's spokesman, said he found out yesterday that the order had been breached and described the posting as 'malevolent and spiteful'.

'This is being done to destabilise the party after a successful conference in Blackpool and before the elections for the European Parliament in June next year,' he said, claiming that mainstream parties feared the BNP's growing support.

The membership list, which was password protected and encrypted, had been stolen from the party, he said. Mr Darby insisted: 'This isn't a question of us mislaying the information, this is theft.

'It is part of a dirty tricks campaign and a desperate move by our political opponents. We are sure no true patriot or nationalist would put the lives of others, including children, at risk.'

He claimed the list contained the names of people who had never been members of the party as well as the names of current and former members.

'We are worried because kids' names are on the list. It is not information that should be in the public domain,' he added. 'We are always receiving death threats.'

The BNP discovered the leak after being alerted by members who had started receiving unsolicited mail.

The BNP claims it has more than 100 local and parish councillors, the latest of whom was elected in Boston, Lincolnshire, last week. Race tensions are high in the town as migrants make up a quarter of the population.

The party plans to make a major push to win seats in the elections to the European Parliament next June.

In 2006, it was revealed that Covent Garden ballerina Simone Clarke was a member of the BNP after the party was infiltrated by an undercover journalist.

It was claimed that activists are encouraged to use false names while on party business and instructs them in the use of software to encrypt emails.

Many of its members, however, are far from the stereotype of the British far-Right.

According to reports at the time, one is the American chief executive of a City investment corporation, while another is a servant of the Queen, living at Buckingham Palace.

Labour MPs Margaret Hodge and Jon Cruddas have repeatedly warned of the march of the BNP in East London.

Since 2004, police officers have faced dismissal if found to be members of the BNP.

'This is because such membership would be incompatible with our duty to promote equality under the Race Relations Amendment Act and would damage the confidence of minority communities,' Peter Fahy, of the Association of Chief Police Officers said.

The list shows the BNP has attracted support from all corners of the country and across the social spectrum.

Members include teachers, librarians, solicitors, nurses and linguists.

They list hobbies including landscape painting, hunting, gardening and church singing.

But religion is not confined to the Church of England - at least one member is a Quaker.

And living in Britain isn't a requirement of being a member of the British National Party.
    One lives in San Diego in the USA and another in France.

Their surnames range from the solidly English Smith to the exotic Zatyrowski and Zumwalt.

An activist from Stockport in Cheshire in listed as a company director and another from Rubery in Birmingham works as a private investigator.

Other members include a former policeman turned chauffeur driver from Coventry and an ex GMB shop steward from Hornchurch in Essex.

A retired solicitor from Wanstead in London is happy to proof read and edit leaflets and posters.

Another member from Nympsfield in Gloucestershire has a BA in languages and a masters degree in translation.

A businesswoman from North London speaks French and Italian.

A district nurse from Bideford in Devon is listed as enjoying 'walking, knitting and helping people in need.'

At least one serving police officer is on the membership list, along with several retired officers.

It also includes16 servicemen, including a Royal Marines Commando. Among the 68 members listed as former servicmen are one Chelsea Pensioner, three Paras, three Guards and two Royal Marines.

Another is listed as a Church of England vicar.

Other members are identified as practicing pagans and one male member is listed as 'witch'.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/a...al-action.html

Thanks
    Karma Level

As much as I abhor the BNP, their members right to privacy should be respected.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    Didn't mean to thank you for that GTI, but yes I agree

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

A minute part of me agrees with you but then these words spring to mind:

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’
    I understand and accept that some people hold opinions that are different to my own. Living in a free and democratic society, I fully embrace and respect their right to be wrong.

Thanks
    Karma Level

anyone think the security services had a hand in this or am I watching too much of spooks

Thanks
    Karma Level

i disagree...perhaps if dirt lists like this were public not so many racists would be handing over donations to support scum...most of them wouldn't have the balls which makes them even more abhorrent as racist cowards...why let these people hide?

Thanks
    Karma Level

dont matter wat ya views are is out of order and shows there being targeted. ya ino some will say they need it. but this is a free world! so we keep getting told.

that list was prob on one of those gov dvds that went missin lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by mik25 View Post
    i disagree...perhaps if dirt lists like this were public not so many racists would be handing over donations to support scum...most of them wouldn't have the balls which makes them even more abhorrent as racist cowards...why let these people hide?
    There are several points here. Firstly we live in a free country where people may should be free to express their politics, sexuality, religion etc.. without fear or intimidation.
    Secondly not everyone who supports the BNP is racist scum, a significant minority are ordinary people who've become caught up in the BNP hype.. "Britain for the British... protect British Jobs etc..." That kind of rhetoric is a lot easier to swallow if you've just been made redundant or you read daily stories in the Express about Albanian gangs trafficking pr0stitutes.
    How do we get them out of the claws of the BNP and into mainstream politics? well we don't do it by humilating them and driving them further underground, we do it with the strength of our democracy. Labour councillors in BNP wards should look at the issues that their people are complaining about instead of burying their heads in the sand. Micro-issues such as Slough becoming a sink for Eastern European immigrants => leading to over crowding in local schools, hospitals and GP surgeries, an acute shortage of housing etc..

As I said the BNP are abhorent and Nick Griffin is an out and out racist b'tard, but with the poison he manages to mix in a bit of honey. By stigmatising those that fall for it, you are only increasing their sense of victimhood, many already feel like second class citizens in their own country and so this will only radicalise them further.

Quote Originally Posted by Argyll
    ‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’
    Also consider Voltaire: "I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

tbh i don't care how victimised the bnp feel...rightly so..racists with a suit on are still racists no matter how they want to sugar it...in our "free world" shouldn't we also have the right to know when radicals are educating our children,policing us and making our laws?
    if you are so naive to take on board their racist ideals because you need someone to blame for your situation in life you are to be pitied but not placated.....allowing these people to be hidden racists does more to breed the extremism..better to expose them for what they are imo

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by mik25 View Post
    tbh i don't care how victimised the bnp feel...rightly so..racists with a suit on are still racists no matter how they want to sugar it...in our "free world" shouldn't we also have the right to know when radicals are educating our children,policing us and making our laws?
    if you are so naive to take on board their racist ideals because you need someone to blame for your situation in life you are to be pitied but not placated.....allowing these people to be hidden racists does more to breed the extremism..better to expose them for what they are imo
    What you're advocating is a thought crime society where you can be singled out for having alternative views. I understand where you're coming from, but you need to remember that 'The road to hell is paved with good intentions'. In this instance hell would be a totalitarian police state where your every thought, utterance etc.. could be used against you.
    -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Karma Level

thought crime is taking things to an extreme...in this world you can do whatever you like according to your free will...provided you are prepared to accept the consequences of your actions..
    the display of racism only feeds the cancer that runs through our society blaming immigrants for the economic situation we are in etc..cancer doesn't go away if you just ignore it and neither will these people...remember that the totalitarian state you speak of is nearer their ideals..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just in case anyones interested, wikileaks has published the list.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by nitelife View Post
    Just in case anyones interested, wikileaks has published the list.
    Why should anyone be interested in this shit when they have more important things to do like cutting their toe nails ?
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    Why should anyone be interested in this shit when they have more important things to do like cutting their toe nails ?
    I agree, but you never know.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Was There ... http://bnpmemberslist.blogspot.com/ and here http://bnpmembers.blogspot.com/ .. Grabbed a copy, should see the ammount in Manchester ! as nitlife said it on wikileaks in .XLS lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by c0axial View Post
    Was There ... http://bnpmemberslist.blogspot.com/ and here http://bnpmembers.blogspot.com/ .. Grabbed a copy, should see the ammount in Manchester ! as nitlife said it on wikileaks in .XLS lol
    looks nice in .xls

got to get more popcorn soooo funny
    i wonder how many peeps will be selling up
    and new phone contracts

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Police suspend officer who joined BNP

Membership list also exposes involvement of motocross champion

By Nigel Morris, Deputy Political Editor and Chris Green
    Friday, 21 November 2008

A serving police officer was suspended from duty last night after being exposed as a member of the British National Party.

PC Steve Bettley of Merseyside Police was out of the country on holiday when the list of 12,000 BNP members and sympathisers was leaked on an internet blog. He has returned home early as the force began investigating his involvement with the far-right party. A spokesman said: "Merseyside Police can confirm that the police officer subject to an ongoing internal investigation into his alleged association with the BNP has today been suspended from duty.

"He returned from his holiday early to co-operate with the investigation. We would like to reiterate we will keep an open mind until the facts have been established."

Police officers are prohibited from joining the BNP. Mr Bettley appears to be the only serving policeman on the list, but the names and addresses of 17 former officers – including a chief inspector – were also published, alongside teachers, nurses and members of the armed forces.

It also emerged that one of the country's top young motor racing stars, Billy Mackenzie, was a BNP member. The 24-year-old is the UK's reigning MX1 motocross champion, and was described on the list as an "activist" and a "high-profile sportsman".

Mr Mackenzie rides for Honda and has represented Great Britain. He is regarded as among the world's leading talents in the sport. Honda stood by the rider, insisting he was not an "active member" of the BNP and would do nothing to embarrass the company. A spokeswoman said: "He decided to pay the annual subscription after the war on terror, which was something he felt strongly about." Mr Mackenzie, from East Lothian, could not be contacted last night.

A BNP activist who has just won an award for his campaigning efforts, appears to have been flagged up on the leaked list. Clive Jefferson's details were accompanied by the words: "Convictions – monitor." Mr Jefferson, from Cockermouth, Cumbria, who last week was named BNP activist of the year, said "malicious" alterations had been made to the list before it was leaked. Mr Jefferson, the BNP press officer for Cumbria, is regarded as influential in the party and is a close ally of its leader, Nick Griffin.

The Green Party faced embarrassment after confirming that two of its activists had switched allegiance to the BNP. Keith Bessant stood for the Greens in the 2001 and 2005 general elections in Cheltenham. The Rev John Stanton, from Rochford, Essex, was also a former Green Party chairman. Mr Stanton said: "I was with the BNP for eight months. But we started to get repercussions so I left."

The BNP list: What's your excuse?

Retired teacher: "I was only a member briefly and went to two meetings. It was a couple of years ago and I joined everything at that time."

Model: "I didn't know the petition [against the building of a mosque] was organised by them and have had nothing to do with them since. I don't know anything about politics."

Musician and university tutor: "I did join and take out a year's subscription in 2005 and this was as a result of having extremely difficult problems where I live locally with youths."

Church minister: "Islam in general motivated me to join the BNP, particularly the thought of allowing Sharia law into our country."

Disc jockey: "I did it for research purposes... I had no interest in infiltrating the BNP – I simply wanted to get on the mailing list."

Former soldier: "A lot of the boys joined because they were campaigning against the IRA and for getting the troops out of Ireland."

Retired teacher: "I went to a meeting to find out more. At the end anyone who wanted to find out more could leave their details, so I did. I started getting mail that was quite extreme, so I decided it wasn't for me."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...p-1028237.html

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

They've been mailing me every couple of weeks for the last six Months so they obviously have bought a mailing list from somewhere!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .