Sony Vaio's "Giga Pocket" Software issue.

Thread: Sony Vaio's "Giga Pocket" Software issue.

DejaVu said:

Default Sony Vaio's "Giga Pocket" Software issue.

I've re-installed my cousins PCV-V1/G Desktop Vaio using XP Professional (as opposed to the Recovery disk as he doesnt have it).

Originally it came with this "Giga Pocket" which is like gold dust, but I have managed to find it and install it.

What this Giga Pocket does, is it's software to use with the factory fitted 'Sony TV Card' installed. I've tried to set it up and scan for channels, but it fails to find anything.

I've downloaded ALL the software and Drivers direct from the Vaio Support website and no devices are disabled in Device Manager, they are all installed and working correctly.

This is the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for the PC.

Does anyone know of a good piece of software that would do this? And what TV Card do I tell these said programs is installed when 'Sony TV Card' is not in the list?

DejaVu said:

Default Re: Sony Vaio's "Giga Pocket" Software issue.

No-one here using Giga Pocket then no?

blaggard said:

I used to use this but if the Sony software is not finding the card it's unlikely that any third party software will since it may be a hardware error. There ARE third party apps available, I can't think of any names but look for PC based PVRs, Windows Media Centre springs to mind. Alternatively you could replace the TV Card with a different model which has it's own software.
    Looking at the specs for that PC it seems to be an analogue tuner, a digi card or usb stick would be a nice and cheap (in the case of the USB option) option
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mr.James said:

Could you not phone Sony and ask them for a replacement CD? There may be something that you're missing.

What areial are you using? Is it possible to plug this areial into a digibox + tv to check that it's actually getting a signal when it's placed where you have it?