Finally got myself back on 2 wheels :D

Thread: Finally got myself back on 2 wheels :D

ruggie_uk said:

Default Finally got myself back on 2 wheels :D

Thought I'd announce it here as I'm now back on 2 wheels after a long time away.

Bought this off a friend for a great price (got to love the cold weather) and I'm now back in the game and can't wait for spring.

This is an internet pic as it looks the same anyway just ever so slightly more bedded in.

RSV said:

Default Re: Finally got myself back on 2 wheels :D

Nice bike mate, i love v-twins as you can see by the pic of mine in my avatar. How long you been off the scene because that is a torquey ol horse... Lol

Bodman said:

nice bike, carefull with all that torque in the wet

ruggie_uk said:

I've been off for about 5 years so it's going to take me some bedding in to get used to it again. Ill be taking it steady (as I always do anyway) to get a feel for the bike properly anyway.

ekkl said:

Nice bike. Winter is great for riding, had some good rides last few years in the winter.

Take it easy!!
    Banned Scammer

beacytan said:

my firestorm lasted a week.... tried to go round a roundabout the same way as i used to on the cbr`s i have had.... it only had 7k on the clock when i bent the forks right back, smashed front wheel to bits and into radiator, smashed back wheel, smashed all the front and side fairing... fireBLADE for me next.... good luck, they a bit heavy to handle well!!!

RSV said:

Quote Originally Posted by beacytan View Post
    my firestorm lasted a week.... tried to go round a roundabout the same way as i used to on the cbr`s i have had.... it only had 7k on the clock when i bent the forks right back, smashed front wheel to bits and into radiator, smashed back wheel, smashed all the front and side fairing... fireBLADE for me next.... good luck, they a bit heavy to handle well!!!

Low or Highside?
    Touch wood i've only had one small off on my mille which was a 10mph loss of the front end resulting in me chasing after the bike as it slid into a hedge haha, luckily the crash mushroom took most of the damage and left my bike with a little bit of rear end damage and a couple of battle scars (small scratches actually lol) to the belly fairing...
    True the old twins are probobally a bit heavier than the more modern sports bike but i love the sound of them especially with an aftermarket can(s), love the power delivery low down torque and the engine braking. I usually keep up with my mates on their new zx10's and gsxr 1000's untill we get on a straight road and get up to stupid speeds lol

ruggie_uk said:

So after reading your comments, what have I to watch out for as regards handling differently?
    Beacy, what made you crash?
    cheers.