Updating Jailbroke iphone advice

Thread: Updating Jailbroke iphone advice

theodotcom said:

Default Updating Jailbroke iphone advice

Hi
    currently my iphone is jailbroken to sw 2.1, can anyone advice how I can upgrade to 2.2 but also keep all my software that I installed.

Do I need to first go back to the proper iphone software and then jailbreak again and reinstall everything one by one or is there a way to do it where I keep all the software settings.

Thanks

bbshark said:

Default Re: Updating Jailbroke iphone advice

you need to update then jailbreak again.
    bbshark. The Member with the first ever DF Fine

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

theodotcom said:

So i'll lose all the settings of my current installed programs then?

If I do a backup and then restore everything on itunes will it save any of it?

GTI said:

Quote Originally Posted by theodotcom View Post
    So i'll lose all the settings of my current installed programs then?

If I do a backup and then restore everything on itunes will it save any of it?
    You'll only lose the settings of your jailbroken programs e.g. MxTube. All your App store programs/contacts/messages etc.. is backed up in iTunes and will re-installed after you've updated/jailbroken.
    "You have reached the end of you free trial membership at BenjaminFranklinQuotes.com"
    -Benjamin Franklin

theodotcom said:

so for example if I have a game installed that is on appstore, installed from my itunes which I did not pay for (theoritically speaking of course) would the game settings, scores etc save when I reinstall the game from itunes?

kracken said:

Quote Originally Posted by theodotcom View Post
    so for example if I have a game installed that is on appstore, installed from my itunes which I did not pay for (theoritically speaking of course) would the game settings, scores etc save when I reinstall the game from itunes?
    No.
    You will have to transfer them accross again after updating with the cracked MobileInstallation file