strange message

Thread: strange message

darkstar said:

strange message

i have a very strange messege on my i phone in the slide to unlock part it reads.. this does not do anything yet,but it did get loaded off the server ;p.(awesome huh)

its jailbroke and it must have come from cydia has any 1 ells had this i think it my be some sort of virus counting down and kicking in some time soon

K8L said:

Default Re: strange messege

Try to uninstall or desactive "Summerboard" or "Winterboard" and check again if the message still remains

casio said:

you dont need to uninstall it, just uninstall or deactivate any custom sliders

darkstar said:

cheers chaps will try that its not actually on the slide part its on the top of the screen

casio said:

Default Re: strange message

you mean where the network name and signal strength are? i take it you downloaded a "pre done" version of the fw that caused this?

id download a new copy of the fw from apple (theres links all over) and then quick pwn it again

darkstar said:

i think it must have been from cydia as that's all i get my apps .. yep its just under the network name and signal strength nothing seems to be happening just that odd message has no one ell's had this?

casio said:

are you sure its not a custom network name?

edit grab a screenshot (when its on screen hold down the power button and click the home key and it'll do it for ya) so we can have a butchers and see what the problem is

darkstar said:

just in the middle of house moving as soon as get net on line in house will post it chaps

casio said:

my sympathys m8 ive moved a couple of times (due to flooding i moved out then back) and its a ball ache at the best time of year doing it in the cold and dark would piss me right off

darkstar said:

and to make things worse I have man flu.did not need all this and to make things worse dropped myŁ150 camera down toilet
    Last edited by darkstar; 13th December 2008 at 01:34 PM.