Test Environments on Windows?

Thread: Test Environments on Windows?

wizer said:

Question Test Environments on Windows?

Hi

I have been tasked with setting a website for someone and I'm just re-familiarising myself with the world of webdev after being out of the game for a good 5-6yrs.

I'm sure there used to be a program for windows that replicated an Apache/Linux/Cpanel environment for testing a whole site on my local PC? Anyone know what I'm talking about?

TIA

beerman said:

Default Re: Test Environments on Windows?

Vmware

BBK said:

Why emulate when you can run the real thing locally anyway? OK, so not linux, but you can certainly setup apache and a cpanel instance locally. Check [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], its what I use now all the time - but then I'm pretty much exclusively php.

wizer said:

Thanks

With this WAMPServer, how can I install cPanel? It's not a free is? In fact how do I install anything (Drupal, etc)

BBK said:

Quote Originally Posted by wizer View Post
    Thanks

With this WAMPServer, how can I install cPanel? It's not a free is? In fact how do I install anything (Drupal, etc)
    Sorry, I don't have a cpanel instance I can share, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to source. However, setting up wamp to run drupal would simply be a matter of downloading drupal and running the install using the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] address rather than your usual [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] server address.

wizer said:

cheers, have you ever come across a tutorial for this stuff? I managed to get drupal installed but it wont send emails.

I'll do some googling. Thanks