Any 200 video cameras worthwhile?

Thread: Any 200 video cameras worthwhile?

Over Carl said:

Default Any 200 video cameras worthwhile?

I know this section is more for cameras as opposed to video cameras, but it's the most appropriate section I could think of.

Basically my mum's after a video camera - god knows why. I thought I could get her one for xmas, but I don't really wanna splash out more than 200. Doesn't have to be the absolute very best, but obviously has to be fairly good.

As it's for her, it needs to be fairly easy to use (well to record anyway, I can do any setting up and transferring stuff to dvd's if necessary).

Was wondering whether df could suggest one that may do the trick for around my budget, or am I being too much of a pikey.

B B Leo said:

Default Re: Any 200 video cameras worthwhile?

pm sent m8 if ur interested
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     Big-Bad-Leo 

Over Carl said:

Default Re: Any 200 video cameras worthwhile?

Was in a shop today and saw a JVC GZ-MG333H - looks like it will do the job - 226 with 30 cashback which will do nicely for a spare battery. 30Gb HDD, can record in widescreen - doesn't do hd, but we're running an old projector so wouldn't see the difference anyway.

My only reluctance is that Which magazine gave a poor review to it's predecessor the 330H. At the moment we're thinking of popping in a couple of days after xmas and pestering guys in shop to lets us do a test recording but I thought I would see if any here had any experience of it.