Update issue....

Thread: Update issue....

Goldberg said:

PSP Update issue....

OK,

I have a Fat PSP that I updated a few years back to 3.40 0E-A

I am now trying to update to 5.00 but I am having issues! It does the ;Unpacking' bit then just says 'Please Wait'.. I left it for over an hour and no action at all!

I have a Pandora (Not sure if I need it) but I am just not having any luck?? Am I doing something worng?
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Goldberg said:

Default Re: Update issue....

Seems I found my fix here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Will report back. Hopefully I can then install the M33's no prob

Goldberg said:

All sorted!! I'm onto the latest 5.00 m33 now and can play games etc!!

Took 3 days lol and I will try to help where I can. It's high maintenance for all the diff versions!

Anyhow the main issue I think was that I was in 1.50 mode and not 3.xx mode when trying to update originally. I had to boot up with the [R] trigger held to change it in one of the menus.

All good now The PSP has a new life! Only had it 3/4 years and it's the first time I have really used it lol

mattress said:

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    I had to boot up with the [R] trigger held to change it in one of the menus.
    sorry I didn't see the thread earlier mate. The trigger business caught me out too! Glad it's all sorted now.

Goldberg said:

Yep, shame I can only get 3 games on a 4gb stick!!! My DS 4gb gets roughly 40+ lol

laying it last night, fuck me it hurts your hands!! Maybe my hands are out of gaming practice.