Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Started again :-)

Right basically I stopped last time due to a bunch of mates (separate incident and not related to the other thread) ditched me for a trip we had been planning for years..got pissed off..met a bird..training stopped.

I looked good but i got to comfortable around her for my own good so thought fuck this..ditched her and now i am planning to start this again but keep on going whilst working on a hottie I'm getting to know

Its not te best time of year to be starting this with xmas/new years but the only times i'll be drinking will be this thursday (work xmas do), xmas day and new years eve. (I dont eat/drink much in between..i only seem to eat shit when I'm at work..every friday = pizza day)

Things have changed alot since I stopped..

Current Weight: 14st 00lbs (I was at 12st 10lbs when I stopped)

Sunday

Nothing to eat all day..3 cups of tea

3pm: chicken and sweetcorn sandwich + snickers+ orange juice

4pm to 6:45pm 5-a-side football (This is usually 80% running and the rest being goal..usually end up drinking 2litres of water)

8pm dinner - Lentils + Chappatis

Monday

9am egg + toast sandwich

11.30am apple + robinsons blackcurrent squash

1pm - Lunch - hotdogs (mate brought them in)

4.30pm apple + robinsons blackcurrent squash

7.30pm- Dinner - Chappatis + Mince

10pm - 3x 20 situps 3x 15 pressups 3x10kg single arm dumbell lift and 3x20 some bicep/tricep exercise(I'll have to find a pic)

10:35pm pint of water + 25g of whey powder(need to start shitting again)

I know my eating today was shit but I was planning to start next week..but thats me longing it out..the sooner I start the better. The only issue I got at the moment are my ankles

Ive been playing footie every sunday but for the last 2 weeks my ankles have been extremely sore. Yesterday i was just about able to run..as soon as i stop playing and i take my boots off, my ankles just hurt.,I can just about walk..so i cant start my jogging till they heal:<..they dont look swollen,they look boney as usual..

Also I have a blocked Sinus..it doesnt sound like much but I can only breathe in and out on the left side of my nose(Been like this since birth). My right side is useless..can anyone suggest anything to help clear this up? My GP keeps giving me Nasel sprays..which are pointless:@

I plan to be up at 7.30am to repeat my routine but I'll be having a plain egg white omlette at 9am and then a bowel of porridge at 10:30am . Also how much water should I be drinking daily?

I know Ive asked alot of questions but last time there was such a huge differance in before/after(shud have got pics)..I want to go back there and make it stick.

The only thing I wont be doing is waxing my chest lol. My mate (other thread) started training the same time as I did but he went a bit extreme and started using steriods and the results he got in a month were..he was HUGE with a spotty chest and a ego..now hes a cunt.

Anyway roll on the next 8 weeks of fun

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Started again :-)

Well done m8!

Id cut back on the bowel of porridge tho!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nibb View Post
    Well done m8!

Id cut back on the bowel of porridge tho!
    ..you should have seen the other typos!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah good on you for getting back in training.

I was doing well until 2 weeks ago when I slipped into Xmas-mode and have since been eating anything and everything in sight, boozing lots and generally enjoying myself. Still training at least 3 times a week but no cardio.

Will be back on it hard as of Jan 5th (back to work) so will do a 6 week diet down and get some pics up.

Good luck Sanj

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

ive been going to the gym for 7 weeks now.. i have put on 7lbs of muscle .. not to shabby this is with eating healthy and taking protein drunks morning and night..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ant3b View Post
    ive been going to the gym for 7 weeks now..taking protein drunks morning and night..
    must be tiring shagging drunks morning & night

Guy Fawkes come back, your country needs you!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Tuesday

Rest day

Practiially ate the same stuff as the day before dinner was lentils and paratha

Wednesday..Checked the scales and i was 13 stone 9

Started my AM session and ended up taking my brother to the station

Breakfast 10am Porridge

11:30am apple + robinsons

Then work brought in treats for everyone so had a few biscuits and sweets;(

3pm chicken and salad sandwich + tea

4.30pm Apple + Robinsons juice

7pm Chicken curry + rice

9.40pm workout 3x 25 situps 3x 20 pressups 3x10kg single arm dumbell lift and 3x25 some bicep/tricep exercise(I'll have to find a pic)

10:35pm pint of water + 25g of whey powder

I am going to try to fit in a AM session tomorrow due to the work party9free alcohol)..ankles still killing from footie so i cant still cant go jogging

Is it worth me taking whey in the morning to? (I intend to buy alot more fruit come pay day..cant live on apples forever)

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah no problem with taking whey protein in the morning mate. You're taking the whey to keep your boy's protein levels high so that it doesn't burn off the muscle. Have a qucik read of this article on the myths of taking too much protein and high protein diets.

http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/pr...ion-myth-2.htm

Thanks
    Karma Level

well done sanj, keep it goin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Right

Thursday + Friday + Saturday

It was the work xmas party on Thursday Night. Was drinking from 7pm to 5am..spent the WHOLE day on Friday in the office recovering lol..got home and just stayed in bed (Same for sat). On friday i had 2 slices of pizza (only thing in the office) and on saturday i had chicken n rice for lunch and 3 samosas for dinner

Sunday

Chicken pasta at 2.30pm + orange juice

Football from 3.15pm to 6pm. (I finally bought some shinpads which come with Ankle guard..my ankles were fine whilst i was playing but as soon as I took them off..the pain started.)

Dinner was beef burgers and chips

Weight this morning was still 13.9...

Monday

Breakfast was at 8.30 am..porridge

Snack at 10:30am 1 meat samosa + apple

Lunch at 2pm which was chicen caesar salad + orange juice from asda (Mate had already bought it for me :@)

Snack at 4.30pm which will be a apple

Dinner at 6.30 chicken and rice

Im not sure whether I should rest today or do some pressups/situps tonight? Tomorrow I start the jogging (with ankle support)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Time to digg this up ..I haven't been doing as much training as I should be but Ive been eating alot more healthy

Current Weight is: 13 stone 3lbs

I need to re-plan my stuff as I'm managing 1.2 miles in 11 minutes (on a slow jog..everywhere else where I live..I'll end up going up hill )

Footie has gone up to twice a week (Wednesday + Sunday) But im struggling to do an form of situp/pressup/weights

I'm fed up of porridge so ive started eating either cornflakes/bran flakes or weetabix. I've cut all form of indian food (Except home made chicken tikka bits + rice for lunch) and dinner is dinner is usually grilled chicken n veg..but my training WILL go up a gear..new bird and all that

The plan is Jogging on the evenings monday/wed/fri

Footie on wed (varies on work mates) and sunday

A mix of bicep/tricep/weights for tuesday/thurs..who needs rest

These will all be PM workouts for now (all 30min)..Im not 100% what to do for AM routines..Any ideas?

Thanks
    Karma Level

^^ Since I stopped doing all this my ankles have healed completley lol. I'm do 3 hour footie sessions on a sunday now easily

Anyway -

25/11/09

Weight 13.4
    Joining the GYM and getting parking took alot longer then I expected (20 more minutes then I was expecting) My mornings are tight so i only have an hour free. I'll be doing an am and pm session.

I'm doing strictly cardio for the first 2 weeks as a detox thing to loose the extra bit on my gut.

Due to the unexptected delays my am session was very brief lol

7.40am - 8.20am

20 min Treadmill
    20 min Cycle Machine

On the treadmill my heart rate was 130 bpm, so for the last 5 minutes I raised the speed and it went upto and stayed between 150-160. I'm not used to running on a treadmill..

It's a shit start but I am going back tonight and my plan is -

1000m on the Rowing Machine x2
    20min cycle
    20min treadmill

Diet

Breakfast @ 9.15am: Porridge

Lunch @ 12pm: chicken + rice

Snack @ 3pm: apple and grapes

Dinner @ 6.30om: Grilled Salmon Fillet + veg

If you guys have any suggestions on how I could improve then please do.

Gym @ 8pm for evening workout.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ended up swapping the evening session around.

I went gym at 6.15pm -

Jumped on the cycle machine, thought i'd be a hero and try 25 min, i managed 20 and was died

Jumped on the cross-trainer for 10 minutes which KILLED me.

Chilled for 2 minutes and then went on the treadmill for 15 min

After all this the rowing machine was finally free..i got on it and managed 500m in just under 2 min (I'll be doing that again 1st thing tomorrow)
    Afterwards I did hot tub/sauna/shower.

Got home..my fridge is on the blink so the salmon fillets i bought today were lightly smelling funny, I cut out the smelly/dark bits from both fillets..added a chicken thigh and some veg and munched.

I feel awesome at the moment lol.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Diet

Breakfast @ 9.15am: Porridge

Lunch @ 12pm: chicken + rice

Snack @ 3pm: apple and grapes

Dinner @ 6.30om: Grilled Salmon Fillet + veg
    That's alright, but not great. Have a read up on the diet/nutrition stickies at the top of the Gym.

• You are going 15 hours without any food source. Something between 1830 meal and bed would be good. Nothing carb heavy or anything. Maybe some chicken or tuna, and veg, or just cook a bit extra and save it.
    • Is there any way you can get some food into yourself between 0820 and 0915? Preferably with a protein source. Again nothing big.

If you keep eating small meals it will keep your metabolism up and stop your body entering a catabolic state. Are you having any cheat meals?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by super mike View Post
    That's alright, but not great. Have a read up on the diet/nutrition stickies at the top of the Gym.

• You are going 15 hours without any food source. Something between 1830 meal and bed would be good. Nothing carb heavy or anything. Maybe some chicken or tuna, and veg, or just cook a bit extra and save it.
    • Is there any way you can get some food into yourself between 0820 and 0915? Preferably with a protein source. Again nothing big.

If you keep eating small meals it will keep your metabolism up and stop your body entering a catabolic state. Are you having any cheat meals?
    Some good advice there, when i was serious about the gym (unfortunately i've fallen out of the loop) i swore by a high carb whey shake at 7.15 followed by similar porridge and then fruit at about 8.00. Also pre bedtime snack was a tub of low fat cottage cheese and a pack of oat cakes for me.

I had a rather large diet however, took bulking very seriously and enjoyed it immensely, i was having a shake, breakfast, pre lunch, lunch, snack, workout, shake, main meal, mini meal, pre-bedtime snack.

Go have a look on http://www.muscletalk.co.uk, was my bible.

Best of luck mate!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think some cans of tuna are needed

And whats a cheat meal?

Thanks
    Karma Level

A cheat meal is whatever you want it to be, once a week or fortnight just to break up the regularity and dare I say it, Blandness of healthy food. One of those things a lot of people use to keep themselves sane and motivation up.

Thanks
    Karma Level

A cheat meal is whatever you want it to be, once a week or fortnight just to break up the regularity and dare I say it, Blandness of healthy food. One of those things a lot of people use to keep themselves sane and motivation up.
    I'll have one of those at the end of next week

no training today as I have a hectic work schedule today

I'll be eating pretty much what I had yesterday

Thanks
    Karma Level

6:40am - 20 min treadmill

7:05 - 15 min cycle

I drove straight to work because it would be easier for me to get changed etc. On the way to work I remembered since I been promoted, Ive kept no food in the office, so I ended up going to Morrisons.

8:30am Porridge + 2 cumberland sausages

11am apples + grapes

No idea for the rest of the day yet..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sanj[UK] View Post
    6:40am - 20 min treadmill

7:05 - 15 min cycle

I drove straight to work because it would be easier for me to get changed etc. On the way to work I remembered since I been promoted, Ive kept no food in the office, so I ended up going to Morrisons.

8:30am Porridge + 2 cumberland sausages

11am apples + grapes

No idea for the rest of the day yet..

Lunch ended up being 3 reggae reggae drumsticks + bag of fruit + Capri sun

dinner will be steak n veg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast