Google Chrome who's using it ?

Thread: Google Chrome who's using it ?

4me2 said:

Question Google Chrome who's using it ?

If you are using it what are your views on it ?

I've just this second installed it so haven't really had much experience with it yet.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

DJAd said:

Default Re: Google Chrome who's using it ?

Had it for a bit and still have it installed. I don't really know why but I just ended up switching back to Firefox.

It was nice and fresh at the time and looked all groovy and minimalist, but it was to simple I guess it made it boring for me. I like all the plugins and extras you can use with Firefox.

ant3b said:

4me2 i use it everyday mate at work and at home. It is very good. fast aswell. and got some good features like searches automatically for the url you type in on google etc

Over Carl said:

I loved it as soon as I installed it - especially the minimalist approach. However, I was getting strange corrupt file errors whenever I used it. Even though it seemed to be working fine despite these errors, I decided to stop using it.

Nibb said:

Tried it but ended up going back to FF.
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

DJAd said:

Just loaded it up and there is another update. I'll give it a wizz for a bit. I don't think I have used it for about a month.

gunner said:

I use it as my main browser where I can.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

4me2 said:

It does indeed seem to load very fast.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

funkyg said:

I've used it for about a month and love it.

Ganty said:

It's absolutely rapid, but doesn't have the customisation FF/Opera allows.

Mr.James said:

lightening quick. my fave feature is right-click on the address bar and 'paste & go' rather than just paste like IE.

Love the minimalism of it all and the dynamic start page.

Found I've gone back to IE though. Firefox/Chrome just can't cut it when it comes to intranet/activex uses and running two separate browsers ain't gonna happen...

dpSparhawk said:

I don't use Chrome but it might be worth taking a look at this

I'm not sure if they've addressed issues and concerns noted in this article but it's maybe worth a read. Not suggesting you shouldn't use Chrome at all, just looking out for the DF'ers

Mr.James said:

Quote Originally Posted by dpSparhawk View Post
    I don't use Chrome but it might be worth taking a look at this

I'm not sure if they've addressed issues and concerns noted in this article but it's maybe worth a read. Not suggesting you shouldn't use Chrome at all, just looking out for the DF'ers
    *Uninstalls Chrome*

lol

liveseytowers said:

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2 View Post
    It does indeed seem to load very fast.
    It was until some cnut had the worlds gif as a sig

I use it as my main browser at work and at home. I had to use it work as they banned FF but i've since started using it at home. I like the search bar/google bar and how it looks and how it manages downloaded files. If i'm downloading loads of filth clips that are named 1.wmv etc it'll rename any duplicates to 1(1).wmv etc so I don't have too. A nice touch I though

erm just noticed my own sig.... its not that big OK

CominAtcha said:

Tried it myself. But it didn't seem any faster for me and I appreciate it's a beta, but it's lacking many features I use on FF. Liked the way it looked though, so installed [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]on FF instead.

Greyfox said:

Quote Originally Posted by liveseytowers View Post
    It was until some cnut had the worlds gif as a sig

I use it as my main browser at work and at home. I had to use it work as they banned FF but i've since started using it at home. I like the search bar/google bar and how it looks and how it manages downloaded files. If i'm downloading loads of filth clips that are named 1.wmv etc it'll rename any duplicates to 1(1).wmv etc so I don't have too. A nice touch I though

erm just noticed my own sig.... its not that big OK
    Why was FF banned at your work?

Greyfox said:

Quote Originally Posted by CominAtcha View Post
    Tried it myself. But it didn't seem any faster for me and I appreciate it's a beta, but it's lacking many features I use on FF. Liked the way it looked though, so installed [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]on FF instead.
    Not compatiable with firefox after latest update 3.0.5

liveseytowers said:

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    Why was FF banned at your work?
    It was banned because it wasn't secure What a bunch of fucking muppets.

We manage windows updates using WSUS but there isn't a way to centrally manage firefox updates so we had to remove it from all PC's in the domain.

CominAtcha said:

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    Not compatiable with firefox after latest update 3.0.5
    Odd. Still working fine on my laptop and I updated FF yesterday.........?