Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default McG Gets a Green Light from Halcyon for Terminator 5

Lets see what this one is going to be like before they think about the next (although Mr Bale has signed up for 3 films anyway)

[QUOTEThe Halcyon Company, who currently owns the franchise rights to Terminator, has already greenlit the fifth film in the Terminator series, following the currently in-production Terminator Salvation. McG, who is directing Salvation, is already working with Halcyon and will return for the fifth film, which is currently slated to arrive in 2011 - a short two years after Terminator Salvation hits theaters on May 22nd this upcoming summer. Christian Bale is also officially signed on to reprise his role as John Connor in a planned trilogy. This is definitely great news for those who are already excited for McG's Terminator.

When Halcyon originally picked up the rights to the franchise last year, they announced that they were planning for another trilogy, but were waiting until Salvation hit theaters to decide whether or not to actually move forward with more films. However, positive studio, fan and media reactions to footage, including the latest trailer, have encouraged them to move forward ahead of schedule. "We feel the time is now to start shaping the next part of this," Halcyon exec Victor Kubicek said. And if that means working out story details for a complete trilogy now, before this latest film is even finished, then I'm all for it.

I know I'm not the only one who thought the latest full trailer looked great. A lot of fans thought this franchise was pretty much dead after a lackluster Terminator 3 in 2003, but obviously the execs at Halcyon are quite smart and knew there was a lot more left here. Secondly, I think it was a very inspired choice to cast Christian Bale, especially after The Dark Knight did so well. And to top it all off, I think this is one of those franchises that McG was born to direct, it just took 8 years for him to actually get there. With both of them back I don't think we have anything to be worried about. Bring on a new Terminator trilogy!][/QUOTE]
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: McG Gets a Green Light from Halcyon for Terminator 5

turning terminator into a transformer movie. Terminator endo bikes wtf.
    hasta la yeah baby yeah!

3tv