gamestation are rip offs preowned xbox360

Thread: gamestation are rip offs preowned xbox360

rodneytrotter said:

Xbox 360 gamestation are rip offs preowned xbox360

brought a pre owned xbox elite to mod from gamestation

these have there own secrutiy seal in stead of ms which i thought was strange as he offer me there waarranty for a price
    i said no ms warranty these have 3 years

these are meant to be checked by them and a seal put in place

took it apart to mod
    un done the screws holding the mother board in the meta;l casing
    to my surprise the heat sinks drop out from the board

in stead of haveing the xclamps in there to hold the heat sinks in place there was 8x nuts and not m5 only
    no bolts no xlamp fix or kit

i mean 8 nuts in between the board and case and the 8 black screws holding the heat sinkls to the metal case

dont trust gamestaion
    never seen anything like it

was going to take it back but i had a few xlamps to replace and it works fine
    this was a falcon

EvilBoB said:

Default Re: gamstion are rip offs preowned xbox360

Gamestation used to be good until Game bought them out. Now they are thieving scumbags.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil

uksparx said:

Default Re: gamestation are rip offs preowned xbox360

I got a 360 Elite from gamestatiion second hand, I had popped in to get a 120gb hard drive as I was using an core xbox.The 120Gb was 99 so I bought the second hand elite for 170 and sold my core for 100 to a friend.

Before I purchased it I checked to see if the ms seal was there and it was.

I Am happy with it

ZEbbEDY said:

i sold

pro evo 2009 (mint new rls)

bioshock (mint cond)

and GTA IV (mint condition)

22 they gave me (i needed dl dvd's )

sparkster said:

Quote Originally Posted by ZEbbEDY View Post
    This is why ppl get crap prices on trade in, they are aware that theres ppl out there that will virtually give away their games and consoles for a few quid, cex is another rip off place, most of their second hand stuff is more expensive than buying new from a high street shop.

Ganty said:

Quote Originally Posted by ZEbbEDY View Post
    i sold

pro evo 2009 (mint new rls)

bioshock (mint cond)

and GTA IV (mint condition)

Quote Originally Posted by sparkster View Post
    This is why ppl get crap prices on trade in, they are aware that theres ppl out there that will virtually give away their games and consoles for a few quid, cex is another rip off place, most of their second hand stuff is more expensive than buying new from a high street shop.
    Let's not be hasty - you're under no obligation to sell your games to them, they can offer whatever price they choose - you still have to accept it.

I'd much rather part exchange a game I'm finished with for a tenner off a new one than let them gather dust, unused.

liveseytowers said:

To be fair i still prefer Game Station to Game. They sold me GT5 a day early and when I was looking for a DS last week Game were really unhelpful but the staff in Game Station couldn't do more for me. It seems that the staff in Game Stations near me are more hard core gamers than the numpty's in Game. Its my preferred shop at the mo.

jimbo77 said:

gamestation will match computer exchange pricing if you have one local.....
    computer exchange pay stupid pricing for games so bear it in mind

always do this when trading in games/consoles etc etc

go to cex.co.uk and print off the page of game want to sell/trade

i bought shaun white snowboarding for 17 on play and traded for 27.....touch

XBOX4LIFE said:

A mate took his pre owned console back after 5 hours play to be given another rrod console, so back to the shop, the third one was tested in the shop in front of him so all was good
    He brought it over for me to look at... What a fucking disgrace it had no m$ label, just a printed yellow label with the serial on... had repair stickers on the metal chassis with repair dates, 6,01,09 & 7,01,09, it had a 47 dj drive which showed as a 59 in toolbox and the laser/drive was fucked... pics attached lads WTF

Fearless said:

/cue gamestation employees defence

robbing gets i bought Left for dead for 40 - 2 weeks ago and they offer me 15 for it..

Then they go put it on the shelf for 35

last few days its been totally dead, not a soul in there

ant3b said:

tbh lads.. its the dodgy people selling there xbox's to them they just just magically get them. But it is a disgrace they do not check them.

XBOX4LIFE said:

Quote Originally Posted by ant3b View Post
    tbh lads.. its the dodgy people selling there xbox's to them they just just magically get them. But it is a disgrace they do not check them.
    This one had been checked and fixed twice.... by stevie wonder no doubt

lithho said:

Quote Originally Posted by XBOX4LIFE View Post
    A mate took his pre owned console back after 5 hours play to be given another rrod console, so back to the shop, the third one was tested in the shop in front of him so all was good
    He brought it over for me to look at... What a fucking disgrace it had no m$ label, just a printed yellow label with the serial on... had repair stickers on the metal chassis with repair dates, 6,01,09 & 7,01,09, it had a 47 dj drive which showed as a 59 in toolbox and the laser/drive was fucked... pics attached lads WTF
    this is naughty to say the least fella, im not even sure they are allowed to remove the serial sticker off the back, as you will never get ms to repair it, not even for 60 quid as no number so they cant trace it.
    take it back

XBOX4LIFE said:

I went with him to the shop today and he ended up walking out with a spanking new arcade pack... result

Detector said:

the thing with gamestation is half the time their lads dont check a 360 fully.

ive also bought supposodly 'brand new' machines from game in the past and when ive opened them they are in fact old consoles that have been repaired by ms and then sold as new.
    A wise man once said " "

greens117 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Detector View Post
    the thing with gamestation is half the time their lads dont check a 360 fully.

ive also bought supposodly 'brand new' machines from game in the past and when ive opened them they are in fact old consoles that have been repaired by ms and then sold as new.
    Cex and Gamestion = del boy wannabes! ,imagine what the little fuckers cream of the good deals they get !!!
    I STINK GET OVER IT !

Freaky said:

Quote Originally Posted by sparkster View Post
    fuckin hell i thought i was the only one who had noticed that lol

ITS SO TRUE