gamestation are rip offs preowned xbox360

Thread: gamestation are rip offs preowned xbox360

  1. rodneytrotter's Avatar

    rodneytrotter said:

    Xbox 360 gamestation are rip offs preowned xbox360

    brought a pre owned xbox elite to mod from gamestation

    these have there own secrutiy seal in stead of ms which i thought was strange as he offer me there waarranty for a price
    i said no ms warranty these have 3 years


    these are meant to be checked by them and a seal put in place

    took it apart to mod
    un done the screws holding the mother board in the meta;l casing
    to my surprise the heat sinks drop out from the board

    in stead of haveing the xclamps in there to hold the heat sinks in place there was 8x nuts and not m5 only
    no bolts no xlamp fix or kit

    i mean 8 nuts in between the board and case and the 8 black screws holding the heat sinkls to the metal case

    dont trust gamestaion
    never seen anything like it

    was going to take it back but i had a few xlamps to replace and it works fine
    this was a falcon
     
  2. EvilBoB's Avatar

    EvilBoB said:

    Default Re: gamstion are rip offs preowned xbox360

    Gamestation used to be good until Game bought them out. Now they are thieving scumbags.
    DF Moderator
    XBox One | Panasonic 4k | MS Surface Pro 3 | 3DSXL | WiiU | RPi3
    XBL : TheSumOfAllEvil
     
  3. uksparx's Avatar

    uksparx said:

    Default Re: gamestation are rip offs preowned xbox360

    I got a 360 Elite from gamestatiion second hand, I had popped in to get a 120gb hard drive as I was using an core xbox.The 120Gb was 99 so I bought the second hand elite for 170 and sold my core for 100 to a friend.

    Before I purchased it I checked to see if the ms seal was there and it was.

    I Am happy with it
     
  4. ZEbbEDY's Avatar

    ZEbbEDY said:

    Default Re: gamestation are rip offs preowned xbox360

    i sold

    pro evo 2009 (mint new rls)

    bioshock (mint cond)

    and GTA IV (mint condition)

    22 they gave me (i needed dl dvd's )
     
  5. sparkster's Avatar

    sparkster said:

    Default Re: gamestation are rip offs preowned xbox360

    Quote Originally Posted by ZEbbEDY View Post
    22 they gave me (i needed dl dvd's )
    This is why ppl get crap prices on trade in, they are aware that theres ppl out there that will virtually give away their games and consoles for a few quid, cex is another rip off place, most of their second hand stuff is more expensive than buying new from a high street shop.
     
  6. Ganty's Avatar

    Ganty said:

    Default Re: gamestation are rip offs preowned xbox360

    Quote Originally Posted by ZEbbEDY View Post
    i sold

    pro evo 2009 (mint new rls)

    bioshock (mint cond)

    and GTA IV (mint condition)

    22 they gave me (i needed dl dvd's )
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkster View Post
    This is why ppl get crap prices on trade in, they are aware that theres ppl out there that will virtually give away their games and consoles for a few quid, cex is another rip off place, most of their second hand stuff is more expensive than buying new from a high street shop.
    Let's not be hasty - you're under no obligation to sell your games to them, they can offer whatever price they choose - you still have to accept it.

    I'd much rather part exchange a game I'm finished with for a tenner off a new one than let them gather dust, unused.
     
  7. liveseytowers's Avatar

    liveseytowers said:

    Default Re: gamestation are rip offs preowned xbox360

    To be fair i still prefer Game Station to Game. They sold me GT5 a day early and when I was looking for a DS last week Game were really unhelpful but the staff in Game Station couldn't do more for me. It seems that the staff in Game Stations near me are more hard core gamers than the numpty's in Game. Its my preferred shop at the mo.
     
  8. jimbo77's Avatar

    jimbo77 said:

    Default Re: gamestation are rip offs preowned xbox360

    gamestation will match computer exchange pricing if you have one local.....
    computer exchange pay stupid pricing for games so bear it in mind

    always do this when trading in games/consoles etc etc

    go to cex.co.uk and print off the page of game want to sell/trade

    i bought shaun white snowboarding for 17 on play and traded for 27.....touch
     
  9. XBOX4LIFE's Avatar

    XBOX4LIFE said:

    Default Re: gamestation are rip offs preowned xbox360

    A mate took his pre owned console back after 5 hours play to be given another rrod console, so back to the shop, the third one was tested in the shop in front of him so all was good
    He brought it over for me to look at... What a fucking disgrace it had no m$ label, just a printed yellow label with the serial on... had repair stickers on the metal chassis with repair dates, 6,01,09 & 7,01,09, it had a 47 dj drive which showed as a 59 in toolbox and the laser/drive was fucked... pics attached lads WTF
     
  10. Fearless's Avatar

    Fearless said:

    Default Re: gamestation are rip offs preowned xbox360

    /cue gamestation employees defence

    robbing gets i bought Left for dead for 40 - 2 weeks ago and they offer me 15 for it..

    Then they go put it on the shelf for 35

    last few days its been totally dead, not a soul in there
     
  11. ant3b's Avatar

    ant3b said:

    Default Re: gamestation are rip offs preowned xbox360

    tbh lads.. its the dodgy people selling there xbox's to them they just just magically get them. But it is a disgrace they do not check them.
     
  12. XBOX4LIFE's Avatar

    XBOX4LIFE said:

    Default Re: gamestation are rip offs preowned xbox360

    Quote Originally Posted by ant3b View Post
    tbh lads.. its the dodgy people selling there xbox's to them they just just magically get them. But it is a disgrace they do not check them.
    This one had been checked and fixed twice.... by stevie wonder no doubt
     
  13. lithho's Avatar

    lithho said:

    Default Re: gamestation are rip offs preowned xbox360

    Quote Originally Posted by XBOX4LIFE View Post
    A mate took his pre owned console back after 5 hours play to be given another rrod console, so back to the shop, the third one was tested in the shop in front of him so all was good
    He brought it over for me to look at... What a fucking disgrace it had no m$ label, just a printed yellow label with the serial on... had repair stickers on the metal chassis with repair dates, 6,01,09 & 7,01,09, it had a 47 dj drive which showed as a 59 in toolbox and the laser/drive was fucked... pics attached lads WTF
    this is naughty to say the least fella, im not even sure they are allowed to remove the serial sticker off the back, as you will never get ms to repair it, not even for 60 quid as no number so they cant trace it.
    take it back
     
  14. XBOX4LIFE's Avatar

    XBOX4LIFE said:

    Default Re: gamestation are rip offs preowned xbox360

    I went with him to the shop today and he ended up walking out with a spanking new arcade pack... result
     
  15. Detector's Avatar

    Detector said:

    Default Re: gamestation are rip offs preowned xbox360

    the thing with gamestation is half the time their lads dont check a 360 fully.

    ive also bought supposodly 'brand new' machines from game in the past and when ive opened them they are in fact old consoles that have been repaired by ms and then sold as new.
    A wise man once said " "
     
  16. greens117's Avatar

    greens117 said:

    Default Re: gamestation are rip offs preowned xbox360

    Quote Originally Posted by Detector View Post
    the thing with gamestation is half the time their lads dont check a 360 fully.

    ive also bought supposodly 'brand new' machines from game in the past and when ive opened them they are in fact old consoles that have been repaired by ms and then sold as new.
    Cex and Gamestion = del boy wannabes! ,imagine what the little fuckers cream of the good deals they get !!!
    I STINK GET OVER IT !
     
  17. Freaky's Avatar

    Freaky said:

    Default Re: gamestation are rip offs preowned xbox360

    Quote Originally Posted by sparkster View Post
    This is why ppl get crap prices on trade in, they are aware that theres ppl out there that will virtually give away their games and consoles for a few quid, cex is another rip off place, most of their second hand stuff is more expensive than buying new from a high street shop.
    fuckin hell i thought i was the only one who had noticed that lol

    ITS SO TRUE