Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default sending a flashed 360 back rrod, is it worth flashing back to original

hi

my m8's has gone tits, it's out of the 3 year point but ms have agreed to fix it.

Is it best to reflash it back to original before he sends it back??

I know some people have sent flashed ones back and got away with it, but if Ihave the orig is it best to be safe??

Cheeers guys
    :kissass

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: sending a flashed 360 back rrod, is it worth flashing back to original

if you know how, then restore back to original.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: sending a flashed 360 back rrod, is it worth flashing back to original

Quote Originally Posted by ThE gOg View Post
    hi

my m8's has gone tits, it's out of the 3 year point but ms have agreed to fix it.

Is it best to reflash it back to original before he sends it back??

I know some people have sent flashed ones back and got away with it, but if Ihave the orig is it best to be safe??

Cheeers guys
    I'm in the same situation. I need to flash mine back before I send it to them. I don't want it returned 2 weeks later with a letter saying your console has been modified we're not touching it.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Restore it if you can mate, takes a whole 5 minutes and will save you 2+ weeks of having to repackage and order another return to ms after you have restored it (if they won't touch it flashed).

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Definitely restore it and re-sticker it. For the time it takes, it would be foolish not to, just incase it gets a more thorough check than usual.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tronads View Post
    Definitely restore it and re-sticker it. For the time it takes, it would be foolish not to, just incase it gets a more thorough check than usual.
    How can I resticker it? I don't have the sticker any more. Can I buy them anywhere online?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    How can I resticker it? I don't have the sticker any more. Can I buy them anywhere online?
    You can get them off Ebay from people who have removed them with a hairdryer.....they seem to go for about a tenner a time. I attempt a clean removal from every 360 that crosses my path, id say I can get 1 in 3 off perfectly.

As I understand it, at the peak time when they were snowed under with 360's, they were replacing them without even looking at them, and therefore still flashed machines with no sticker on them were getting through. More recently though, I have heard of a lot more being rejected. Im still on a 100% record of ones I have restored and re-stickered for their owners being accepted.

if you do buy a sticker off someone, its likely to be on wax paper. Its worth hairdrying it on the paper before you remove it, as Ive been gutted to have perfect stickers screw up on me when ive took them off my sheet.

The newer white stickers are better, and I would stay a step backwards for MS. You cant easily remove them, but you can easily heat them up so that you can open the case up without damaging the sticker.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tronads View Post
    You can get them off Ebay from people who have removed them with a hairdryer.....they seem to go for about a tenner a time. I attempt a clean removal from every 360 that crosses my path, id say I can get 1 in 3 off perfectly.

As I understand it, at the peak time when they were snowed under with 360's, they were replacing them without even looking at them, and therefore still flashed machines with no sticker on them were getting through. More recently though, I have heard of a lot more being rejected. Im still on a 100% record of ones I have restored and re-stickered for their owners being accepted.

if you do buy a sticker off someone, its likely to be on wax paper. Its worth hairdrying it on the paper before you remove it, as Ive been gutted to have perfect stickers screw up on me when ive took them off my sheet.

The newer white stickers are better, and I would stay a step backwards for MS. You cant easily remove them, but you can easily heat them up so that you can open the case up without damaging the sticker.

I've just had an offer from someone via pm for one of the newer ones but it had the old silver one on originally. Should I be worried about sending it back with the new one or should I just leave it without one?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    I've just had an offer from someone via pm for one of the newer ones but it had the old silver one on originally. Should I be worried about sending it back with the new one or should I just leave it without one?

Well I reckon if it goes back with nothing on, its a straight rejection....however for it to have a white sticker on, it either has to be brand new (and even some new ones still have silvers on), or have already been sent back to MS for a repair. I would say that if a technician were to open up an old xbox with white sticker, they would be looking for the revised heat sinks to be fitted, and alarm bells would ring when they find one without.

I wish I had enough spare to offer you one of mine.....do you not have a mate who would let you attempt removal of theirs ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

best to send it back with no sticker on at all, can't see how they can reject it, plenty have shipped without the the sticker on. If they ask about a sticker just say what fuckin sticker?

only time i've seen em rejected is when someones raped the shit out of the case
    Flying through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops boy!

[live=sweenymobile]sweenymobile[/live]

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vader View Post
    best to send it back with no sticker on at all, can't see how they can reject it, plenty have shipped without the the sticker on. If they ask about a sticker just say what fuckin sticker?

only time i've seen em rejected is when someones raped the shit out of the case

Ive seen an awful lot of 360's, and ive yet to come accross one without a sticker....but its entirely possible, so worth a try I guess.......just make sure the area is cleaned up with nail poilish remover to get rid of any traces of the old one.
    Check also the 7 holes at the back to make sure no-one has butchered them with a screwdriver rather than an opening tool....if they look a mess as well as having no sticker, you've no chance.

Let us know how you get on, its always usefull to know the current situation regarding ms checking.

Thanks
    Karma Level

cheers guys, will flash it back tonight

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

No sticker is necessary, just remove all signs of there being one. Never had a problem myself.

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah i think if they can be half arsed they stick a backup in to see if it works then reject ya, but don't think they bother about stickers
    Flying through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops boy!

[live=sweenymobile]sweenymobile[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

just to confirm, if i want to flash the firmware back to original, i just select the original formware in iprep and then flash as normal is that right??

also there seem to be 2 bin files in the orig folder, which one do i use, they both look like the same file??

cheers

Gog

Thanks
    Karma Level

right i'm trying to restore by typing rsam and the 7 and 5 digit serial numbers, but its coming back with the directory doesn't exist and then it just bins out.

the directory is there and it has both the cw and ofw files in it, and the serial number is right too, any ideas guys?? really need to get this done tonight as he's geting it picked up tomorrow:-/

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just make a folder in backups called "1111111" then one inside that called "11111" rename your ofw-sam file to cfw-sam.bin & put it in the "11111" folder, then type fsam 1111111 11111 not the best method but it worked for me

Thanks
    Karma Level

cheers mate, got there in the end.

i had to reformat my usb stick and then re install a new version of iprep before i got it to work?? weird, but it worked so i'm happy

thing is since its rrod i can't actually tell if its worked as its just fragging, it said it all wen't well when i rsam'd it so will just have to hope for the best.