Experts look inside! Laser gone? clicking like mad even on originals!

Thread: Experts look inside! Laser gone? clicking like mad even on originals!

biggy7 said:

Wii Experts look inside! Laser gone? clicking like mad even on originals!

hi guys

modded a d2b wii with wiikey clone a while back for my cousin

PAL wii, wiikey1, d2B

was working fine untill yesterday

the drive just clicks away now, i took the wiikey out and it still does it on originals

put disk in, spins, clicks, then unable to read disk error

i have got it so the game shows in the wii channel, but when i go to start the game, click, clickl, click like mad then an error has occured message appears.

ive tried to clean the lens with a dry Q-tip to no avail.

anyone know whats causing it? is the lens gone? can i just replace the lens unit or do i have to geta new drive aswell?

any ideas? im not sure what else to try

Thanks

{{909}} said:

Default Re: Experts look inside! Laser gone? clicking like mad even on originals!

does sound like a dead drive, I would think you can just replace the laser itself and not the whole unit, sure ive seen them for sale on ebay or DX.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

biggy7 said:

Default Re: Experts look inside! Laser gone? clicking like mad even on originals!

cheers mate, had a look on DX, 16 delivered, not bad

think i will go for it.

wreksta said:

mate is there defo no offening obstacle in the way ie on the dive motor or even attached to the spinde just a heads up it can happen

biggy7 said:

hi mate, ive even opened the top case of the drive aswell to expose the laser, cant see any thing that shouldn't be there

the laser tries to go, but does dies and until i hard reset the wii the disk doesn't even spin even when inserted

{{909}} said:

sometimes those rubber grommits stop the disk from spinning if they get dislodged but that wouldnt cause the clicking. the clicking is always a sign of a knackered laser working too hard to read a disk.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]