New Canon 450D. Testing it out with some shots around Newcastle

Thread: New Canon 450D. Testing it out with some shots around Newcastle

  1. Godscrasher's Avatar

    Godscrasher said:

    Default New Canon 450D. Testing it out with some shots around Newcastle

    Just bought a Canon 450D, still getting to grips on how to use the thing as i have never had a caera like this before, i've always had point and click cameras.

    Took a few hours out today to get some shots, went to the Angel of the North, then into town. Headed off to Tynemouth after that, then went down royal quays then the fish quay in North Shields. I've picked some of the decent shots i took, the rest look crap really.

    Any tips from you guys would be really appreciated















     
  2. neo2810's Avatar

    neo2810 said:

    Default Re: New Canon 450D. Testing it out with some shots around Newcastle

    All seem sharp, so well done with that. The composition is a little lacking in all of them, but not bad at all for an SLR beginner. The angel shots are all so-so with the widest angle being the best of them. I like what you've tried to do with the sillouette's of the harbour. The last of the 3 would have been a cracker if you'd got closer to the crane thingy and made it the feature. All 3 of them need the horizon straightening a little but they are endearing in a way, I like them more each time I look at them

    You're welcome to join Bod and I on our frequent expeditions around Northumberland and Wearside if you want (and if you can handle bad humour and foul language all the way)
     
  3. B B Leo's Avatar

    B B Leo said:

    Default Re: New Canon 450D. Testing it out with some shots around Newcastle

    can i come????
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     Big-Bad-Leo 

     
  4. neo2810's Avatar

    neo2810 said:

    Default Re: New Canon 450D. Testing it out with some shots around Newcastle

    Quote Originally Posted by B B Leo View Post
    can i come????
    Sure... Long walk for you tho
     
  5. B B Leo's Avatar

    B B Leo said:

    Default Re: New Canon 450D. Testing it out with some shots around Newcastle

    Quote Originally Posted by neo2810 View Post
    Sure... Long walk for you tho
    and dont forget a bit of a swim
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
     Big-Bad-Leo 

     
  6. dpSparhawk's Avatar

    dpSparhawk said:

    Default Re: New Canon 450D. Testing it out with some shots around Newcastle

    LOL, I thought your language was quite moderate really Neo

    I DO like those sunset shots. They're different from the average sunset shot and a good go at it for an SLR beginner. Good stuff I like the first shot as well. Looks like people have convened on the banks to look at the apocalypse or something

    Welcome to the world of DSLR. Looking forward to more of your images.
     
  7. Godscrasher's Avatar

    Godscrasher said:

    Default Re: New Canon 450D. Testing it out with some shots around Newcastle

    Thanks guys, appreciate the comments. Would love to come shooting with you lot. Give me a PM of where your going and I'll meet you there. How about some uben ex? Smith Docks, North Shields. Anywhere will suit me fine.

    You can teach me how to use this bloody camera properly.
     
  8. neo2810's Avatar

    neo2810 said:

    Default Re: New Canon 450D. Testing it out with some shots around Newcastle

    Quote Originally Posted by Godscrasher View Post
    Thanks guys, appreciate the comments. Would love to come shooting with you lot. Give me a PM of where your going and I'll meet you there. How about some uben ex? Smith Docks, North Shields. Anywhere will suit me fine.

    You can teach me how to use this bloody camera properly.
    No worries mate... We'll give you a shout next time we arrange to head out. In fact, there is a small chance we may go somewhere tomorrow after the match... More than likely not (since I may have a couple of beers).
     
  9. Godscrasher's Avatar

    Godscrasher said:

    Default Re: New Canon 450D. Testing it out with some shots around Newcastle

    Quote Originally Posted by neo2810 View Post
    No worries mate... We'll give you a shout next time we arrange to head out. In fact, there is a small chance we may go somewhere tomorrow after the match... More than likely not (since I may have a couple of beers).

    I'm at work tomorrow until 4, then off for a good drinking and smoking session. Anytime after new year and i'm in mate. Where i work might interest you actually, depends on what you fancy.I work for a waste company SITA next to british engines in Byker, If your wanting to take a few shots around the plant let me know.
     
  10. neo2810's Avatar

    neo2810 said:

    Default Re: New Canon 450D. Testing it out with some shots around Newcastle

    Quote Originally Posted by Godscrasher View Post
    I'm at work tomorrow until 4, then off for a good drinking and smoking session. Anytime after new year and i'm in mate. Where i work might interest you actually, depends on what you fancy.I work for a waste company SITA next to british engines in Byker, If your wanting to take a few shots around the plant let me know.
    Fuck me... you dont drink at the Falcons Rugby club do you??! (sometimes with Jimmy the Hat )
    Last edited by neo2810; 28th December 2008 at 02:21 AM.
     
  11. Godscrasher's Avatar

    Godscrasher said:

    Default Re: New Canon 450D. Testing it out with some shots around Newcastle

    Quote Originally Posted by neo2810 View Post
    Fuck me... you dont drink at the Falcons Rugby club do you??! (sometimes with Jimmy the Hat )
    Ha...Jimmy the hat!!! Is he still working for the council? I know Ritchie normally goes to the falcons the wagon driver. Don't tell me you work for the council too?