Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default STOLEN time attack Evo.please read.thanks

Thought i'd post this up for Russ @ Wallace Performance in Aberdeen:

Quote:
    Please post/link to this on any other forums you use.
    Any help greatly appreciated.

At 7pm this evening, my Icelle Blue Evo VI, reg no H15 CRP was stolen from the Crowne Plaza Birmingham NEC car park.
    Externally the car looks standard apart from silver Evo VIII Enkei wheels and one piece headlights. There are no graphics on the car at present (other than a few small wallaceperformance stickers), the only time attack giveaway is a scrutineering slip inside the front screen.

There are a huge amount of other identifying part though, so please be aware if you see it or are offered any parts - Forged 4G64 2.4, black AMS inlet manifold and fuel rail, PE 1000cc injectors, AEM fuel reg, bosch 044 fuel pump, ETS HTA35R turbo kit (3 days old!), Greddy intercooler, modified blitz nur spec exhaust, Ohlins R&T, black AP 6 pot fronts, 2x twin SPA gauges, Power FC with hand commander on display, black AVC-R, glove box pc with single din touchscreen monitor and digital TV tuner, LM1 wideband kit, aquamist water injection, racetech 40 battery, one-off intercooler pipework, cusco braces ( top upper and rear upper 3 points, boot floor brace, lower 2 point and lower 5 point), ingalls stiffy, RS rear diff, metallic blue rocker cover with breather set up and cusco can, coil-on-plug, ralliart mat set including boot mat (boot also had some tools and an LM1 case and kit in it) MLR front and rear black seat cover set etc etc etc!
    I'm sure there is more that I've forgotten about, but I'll add to this when I can.

I've owned this car for around 5 years and put a huge amount of time into it and over 100k miles on it. It would mean alot to me if I could get it back.
    As I said, any help greatly appreciated.

Please either contact me or Solihull Police.

Thanks.

You never know, It could turn up anywhere in the country so thought I would post it up on here.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: STOLEN time attack Evo.please read.thanks

sounds expensive, hope he gets it back!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Saw this on the MLR, shocking how many EVO's are being stolen at the moment.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bit of an update off MLR

As I said, the turbo kit had just been fitted, we hadn't even had time to pipe the screamer pipe back in yet, so it is extremely loud when opened up. It will be easy to spot if driven hard.
    Was making 550bhp at 1.8 bar....

The police have been very helpful so far, and reckon the CCTV footage will be of some use - the thieves arrived in an impreza.
    There is a ticket and barrier system, but there is a free 15min so taxis can come and go. The impreza went out and one of the occupants forced the barrier to stay up in order to get my car out.

I have been told that no tracker or security system would've helped, such is the ability of these thieves, and to be thankful I wasn't with the car

Sounds like professional thieves involved. No doubt the Impreza was stolen also.

Thanks
    Karma Level

sub-human scum

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

He's got to be gutted, must have pumped ££££'s into this car. I think this is the one from last years Time Attack at Knockhill. The cars are loud enough with the screamer pipe so how loud will it be if he's not fitted the pipe for it yet lol

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Wonder if his insurance covers all the extras he's fitted or if he's looking at just getting the value of a standard evo back???

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by liveseytowers View Post
    Saw this on the MLR, shocking how many EVO's are being stolen at the moment.
    Watch out Herman

If that is a pic of his car iit's very nice

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by RSV View Post
    Wonder if his insurance covers all the extras he's fitted or if he's looking at just getting the value of a standard evo back???
    I'd like to think the mods where declared as it was a Time Attack car so pretty well known but i doubt he'll get back what he spent on it. Say if you spend 1k on mod's it won't add 1k worth of value to a car.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Real shame and I hope it's picked up in one piece, I recall having my custom Calibra nicked early 90's and it really is something that would make you want to commit murder if you catch the fuckers.

Mine ended up being ridden all over Devon for most the night with cops in tow till the thieving git wrapped it round a tree without killing them all.
    "An evil exists that threatens every man, woman, and child of this great nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect our homeland." - Adolf Hitler, 1933

Thanks
    Karma Level

That is sad. I've only had 3 piles of shite nicked off me, and even then I felt gutted every time. Hope they find your car and the cunts that took it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Brock View Post

I have been told that no tracker or security system would've helped,
    Strange that as mine had the rac trackstar guardian, it was monitored 24/7 and could be immobilised by a phone call even if they had the keys !! they phoned me up when I was on a ferry saying they had been alerted to a vehicle movement while the system was armed... fair enough if they had the alarm code and de activated it but it could still be found when you alerted the tracking company...

If they were that organised it'll be on crimewatch soon enough and TBH fellaz I wouldn't want it back after they had it.. Gutted for him though.. nice motor

Thanks
    Karma Level

Are Evos easy to steal? I am ALWAYS hearing about evos being stolen...and theres me thinking about getting a evo 6

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by XBOX4LIFE View Post
    Strange that as mine had the rac trackstar guardian, it was monitored 24/7 and could be immobilised by a phone call even if they had the keys !! they phoned me up when I was on a ferry saying they had been alerted to a vehicle movement while the system was armed... fair enough if they had the alarm code and de activated it but it could still be found when you alerted the tracking company...
    I have no idea how professional thieves get around these systems. I am assuming that the police have told him this.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It would be nice to know what they had to make it so easy mate, scary thought that they can just turn off anything, sort of spoils the point of spending £££ to secure the fooker in the first place

Thanks
    Karma Level

a lot of cars have security holes but people are reluctunt to talk about it on forums in case theifs read it. Unlucky about your car i hope you get it back.

Thanks
    Karma Level

A few years ago my BMW convertible was nicked...Thatcham immobiliser/alarm and from right outside my house. The alarm didn't go off and I know they didn't start the car. I guess if crooks really want a car they will get it no matter what security you have :-(

W.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i dunno how true this story really is but i remember years ago the editor of a car audio magazine writing bragging about his car security in an issue of the magazine. The next issue came out and it was a very different editorial. He had got up one morning, turned the house alarm off (which covered the garage), turned the car alarm off, unlocked the doors and got in. On the passenger seat was his car stereo, neatly removed from the dash with a note on it

"Don't take the piss, if we want it, we'll have it"
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

Thanks
    Karma Level

When XR3i's were the rage (god I feel old now) My mate had his Wheel clamp, Gear Stick Multi Lock, chain around steering wheel and alarm, removed and left on his next door neighbours door step (must have thought it was his house)....but the car was found 7 miles away as it ran out of petrol ...LOL

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

If thieves really want a car they will take it. Apparently they are ordered. So the thieves go and find one then steal it. Its clever how they do it. but bad news for us normal folk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast