Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

News new Ferarri F60 revealed

YouTube - Formula 1 2009 Ferrari F60

World Constructors' Champions Ferrari became the first Formula One team to unveil their 2009 car on Monday when they launched the F60 at Maranello.
    Drivers Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa were on hand to pull the covers off the car, whose name refers to the number of Championships the Scuderia have competed in.
    In keeping with new rules for the 2009 season designed to encourage overtaking, the F60 features a long front wing with a short, high rear one as well as sidepod mounted mirrors.
    The car was also shod with Bridgestone's slick tyres - making their first appearance in F1 in over a decade - as well as Ferrari's version of the Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS), developed in conjunction with electronics supplier Magneti Marelli.
    A new Brembo designed brake system is also another feature on the car, as well as a longitudinally-mounted gearbox.
    The car will be shaken down by Ferrari's runner up in the 2008 Drivers' Championship, Felipe Massa, later on Monday.
    "I feel emotional but I'm also happy to take it out on track for the first time," the Brazilian said.
    "With all the new rules I was expecting a different type of car, like 10 years ago with big wings so I was surprised.
    "The new F60 seems tiny, very compact and cute."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...783540,00.html
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: new Ferarri F60 revealed

I look forward to seeing it in Lewis Hamilton's rear view mirror!

DJ OD

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It IS very pretty but the new Macca will be the shits (I hope!)
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

lets see ronaldo take it through a tunnel

Guy Fawkes come back, your country needs you!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    It IS very pretty but the new Macca will be the shits (I hope!)
    What's McCartney got to do with it?! ;-)

DJ OD

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Overdose View Post
    What's McCartney got to do with it?! ;-)

DJ OD
    very droll

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I must admit that is one of the best looking F1 cars i've seen in a long time. I predict this will be fast as fook and Lewis might struggle this year!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by liveseytowers View Post
    I must admit that is one of the best looking F1 cars i've seen in a long time. I predict this will be fast as fook and Lewis might struggle this year!
    Good! I'm not a Hamilton basher, or a Ferrari fan, but I don't want to see domination by any individual or team and a fast competitive Ferrari can only push the other teams. This is a good thing IMO.

Looks tiny, as if the drivers legs and feet are going to be very cramped.
    Ooh, ooh, ooh, the funky gibbon.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

there was no issue with the ferraris speed last year, lets be honest if kimi kept up his form he coulda been winnning, or if ferrari supported massa the WHOLE season rather than the second half he would have been at least 20 points ahead of hamilton, the ferrari always had great straight line speed and mclaren were lucky in that they only have one talented driver they can concentrate on. next season i dont see hamilton getting close to the championship.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by pratman View Post
    there was no issue with the ferraris speed last year, lets be honest if kimi kept up his form he coulda been winnning, or if ferrari supported massa the WHOLE season rather than the second half he would have been at least 20 points ahead of hamilton, the ferrari always had great straight line speed and mclaren were lucky in that they only have one talented driver they can concentrate on. next season i dont see hamilton getting close to the championship.
    What a load of tosh!! if..if..if!!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

nah its fact mate, kimi was number one driver till half way through season, cuz he lost his form they made massa number one and concentrated on his car, therefore for the first half of the season all eyes were on kimi and he had the whole ferrari team concentrating on his car. no ifs about it. basically thats how mclaren screwed alonso over cuz they got him to sign making it out like he was number one driver when really all they did was back hamilton, but next season is a different story and i know hamilton will not win the title.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

If, if , if!! Despite their best efforts to screw McLaren out of the Championship by fair means or foul, they didn't!! you can "if" away to your hearts content but McLaren won!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

nah its fact mate, kimi was number one driver till half way through season, cuz he lost his form they made massa number one and concentrated on his car, therefore for the first half of the season all eyes were on kimi and he had the whole ferrari team concentrating on his car. no ifs about it. basically thats how mclaren screwed alonso over cuz they got him to sign making it out like he was number one driver when really all they did was back hamilton, but next season is a different story and i know hamilton will not win the title.
    Or put similarly, if that had gone over the line it would have been a goal!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

How can you say they concentrated on anyones car? They don't find a new part, think "yeah great that gives us the edge" and then put it on the number one drivers car. Both drivers had the same car.

And I don't think you can say Mclaren screwed Alonso over, he did a good job of doing that himself. Anyone who blocks the pits for their TEAMmate is a cunt imo. Alonso just didn't like the fact that he was former world champ being bettered by a rookie.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm a McLaren supporter but I really hope it's a closer contest all around this year, it'll be more interesting and in the current economic climate is otherwise doomed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

looks well sweet

Thanks
    Karma Level

i hate ferrari full stop i hope this car is out paced by the force indias and they dont score another point as long as their in f1, truthfully i cant see that happening so i hope kimi blows massa out the water and if its going to be anyone taking the challenge to lewis i hope its kimi, at least he's a real racer (think back to suzuka a few years back when he overtook fisi with 2 wheels on the grass and won after coming through from the back, ...never seen massa do that! although he did some lovely spins at silverstone did massa)

i know what people are meaning by saying they would like it to be closer this year, and i agree the racing needs to be closer and harder fought (although that stupid medal idea i hope is dead in the water) but the last 2 years have come down to not only the last round (or even the last corner of the last round lol) but theres been 1 point in it for 2 years. there really shouldnt have been the FIA (twats) did their best last year to give it to massa by robbing lewis of his win in belgum, stupid penalties through the season (think back to france when lewis got a drive through for going off after overtaking and coming back on but kimi can run 3 quarters of the race with the exhaust flapping around, if that had been either mclaren they'd have had the black flag out as soon as they could)

Thanks
    Karma Level

dont get me wrong i love the fact that slicks are back and truthfully i dont think they should have ever been away, ...but (lol) they dont look as modern on that ferrari as the grooved slicks did especially when they put the white stripes in all the grooves (i liked that cos you could see which drivers tyres were being eaten alive and who could make them last)

Thanks
    Karma Level

God, it's been a while since I've heard such a load of biased, uneducated tosh... I bet you "knew" Hamilton wouldn't win the title last year too
    "There's nothing worse than arguing with someone who knows what they're talking about...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

And how long till they take the petrol pump with them in this one...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast