Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Thailand, three weeks

hi people, looking at booking up thailand with a mate for about three weeks in april. basicly talking to people and reading posts on here it seems best to split the holiday up, my plan so far is to fly to bangkok and prob stay over there for a night then jump strait back on a plane and head to the island where the full moon party is as we are going early april, spend a week there, prob want to spend a week in phi phi and a week in ko samui, does this sound like an about right plan?

can anyone recomend any must do's? want to try and get al the flights booked before i go and maybe the first hotel then just play it from there, do you think that is sensible? or book everything here, the flights are working out about £50 a man singles from bangkok if booked now. and the flights to bangkok are workign out at about 500 im planning on going early april but must be back in UK for 27th.

basicly after any advice, tips, must do's hotel recomendations, the only one i have at the minute is The Ark Bar, which doesnt look to bad

Cheers

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Thailand, three weeks

only one real Must Do is check for COCK'S m8

Guy Fawkes come back, your country needs you!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah aside from all that jazz after stuff to do by day mainly mate. crazy stuff like zip lining through the jungle and stuff, also might be intrested in doing a padi course out tehre

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Elephant sanctuary to ride an elephant mate, check www.statravel.co.uk for flights less than 500. Not been yet myself but DJAD is living over there now and a couple more members are regular travellers.

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah ive read through loads of posts on here allready but none of them have been island specific really, after some tips on where exactly to spend most of my time, dont really want to book a flight to an island for a week if its only worth being there a couple of days and i can get some time at another place, preety sure phuket is ment to be like benidorm these days

Thanks
    Karma Level

I went in June for 10 days.

Quality holiday. We crammed so much in. We stayed in Bangkok 1 night (I would stay at least another day or 2) then flew to Phuket. Beaches are quality overall. Phuket is great - nightlife is quality (Check out Tiger Club - best club on earth trust me!)

We done the full moon party - it cost us about another hundred quid for return flight which we booked when we got there (last minute idea) and paid about another 30 for transfers on speedboat and accomodation. The accomodation was a joke - I slept in a hammock! I wouldnt spend too long on this island as theres not much there apart from the party and its small.

Make sure you go Phi Phi island (where the beach was filmed) beautiful place. While your there do the snorkelling stuff. Amazing.

Krabi is supposed to be really nice and more chilled out but we never got a chance to go. If I was going back I'd check it out plus maybe a Vietnam tour for a few days.

Our hotel in Phuket cost about £150 for a week and it was perfect. We had a guide out there who was a mates mate and he said thats too expensive. Book out there he said

Oh and go Mui Thai boxing - front row seats for like £25. Constant beer service and such great fun.

And haggle for EVERYTHING. Cabs, Rickshaws, shopping, tickets etc...

Im jealous.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Im going back again 27th of march mate for weeks with the g/f lol, while in bangkok do the kings palace and the floating market not the one in bangkok the original one Damnoen Saduak combine with river kwai good trip,ko sumui is meant to be a bit couple orientated, im off to phuket and then krabi mate

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

No mention of patella yet

Thanks
    Karma Level

you mean pattaya and "Boys Town" evil?:emot61:watch out for the "khatoy's"

Thanks
    Karma Level

been on that STA travel and got the flights down to under 500 so thats a touch. gonna mess about with the dates as well see if i can get it down a bit more, guys at work are saying about 300-350 for the flights but i cant get anything to touch that

Thanks
    Karma Level

I got flights around that price but it stopped over in Oman (Middle East) which I wouldnt recommend doing. Direct flight is best

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

YouTube - Pattaya Walking Street - High Quality

You have to go Pataya, Phuket is similar but a bit more expensive.
    You can fly anywhere there cheap, bangkok airways is like Ryanair l.o.l

Thanks
    Karma Level

My favorite place was Krabi in Riley Bay a short boat trip away on the mainland but surrounded by rocks so inaccessible.

Otherwise do the Islands and thought the trek I did in Khao Sok national park was very fun.

The Phi Phi Princess on Kao Phi Phi was very nice if not just for the awesome infinity pool (see pic attached) and payed 1200 for a room per night that was a twin that we fit 3 people into. Shared toilets tho but there was a shower in the room and more at the pool.
    The diving there was also very good and saw a small tiger shark and a massive turtle while in the water.

Phuket I thought was a shit hole but each to their own.

Don't book accommodation in advanced unless you really want to, I found nowhere was booked up (despite what all of the dodgy TAT places try to tell you) and its a lot cheaper if you don't book via a tourist office.
    Just turn up have a look at the first few you see and then make a decision from there.

The only thing you need to book a short time in advance is the sleeper trains since they can fill up.
    Last edited by inspectercoley; 9th February 2009 at 03:25 PM.
    [live=TaxiMike]TaxiMike[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Walking Street, Pattaya

"The Beach"

"The Beach" again

"James Bond Island"

Thanks
    Karma Level

all booked up, leave the 1st april, return the 24th april, cant wait, still gotta finalise the bits inbetween but thnk where gonna fly strait out of bangkok to phuket for a week then head up for that full moon party then some where else, gonna give the full moon party a go as loads of people have said its an experiance so fought why not.

ten weeks and counting!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by lukese View Post
    all booked up, leave the 1st april, return the 24th april.
    As your gonna be around for Songkran than check it out. I think this year it starts about April 13th.

Full moon party in April 09 is on the 9th. Your wanna book accommodation in advance if your heading there.

fullmoonparty-thailand.com.

Enjoy your trip and if your up North (Chiang Mai) drop me a message and i'll come and show you the sights.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i'm out in phuket from 28th march till 8th of april staying at the Centara Karon hotel mate but unforunatly so will the girlfriend

Thanks
    Karma Level

gettting close to when i leave now and getting a few things ready to take out there. got a question i cant seem to find the answer to on the net though, what mobile phones work out there, do they need to be quad band, dual band or tri band and what not, i wana take a claped out old nokia out there as meeting up with a few people and gonna buy a payg thai sim on arrival and want to know if my old nokias will work out there?

cheers people.

the plan now is land in bkk, stay a night, head to koh samui spend a bit of time there till the full moon party then go with the flow, maybe on to pataya,

What is the shopping mall called in bangkok that everyone talks about and whats teh opening times if you know of hand?

Cheers

Luke

Thanks
    Karma Level

Mbk is the shopping mall i think,im going to unlock my nokia n71 and use that matey you should be ok...Rob btw im going on friday...!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

im off next wednesday. need to make sure my old phone is unlocked as well, good call!

have a good time mate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast