Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default AIG End contract early with MUFC

Insurance firm AIG is to end its sponsorship deal with Manchester United.

The world club champions are searching for a new sponsor

The American company also said in a statement that it was "in active discussions" with Manchester United regarding the current contract which expires in May 2010.
    The club said they were confident to securing a better deal.
    "In line with industry practice, Manchester United is exploring the possibility of a shirt sponsor for the new 2010/11 season," said a United spokesman.
    "The club is in dialogue with a select number of top companies worldwide and has so far received sufficient interest to be confident it can improve on its current £19m annual partnership with AIG."
    United executives are understood to have known for some time they would require an alternative sponsor.
    The troubled insurance firm required a massive bail-out from the US Federal Reserve last year to remain afloat.
    Despite their financial strife, AIG have pledged to honour their four-year agreement.
    The situation is not quite as bleak as it was when Vodafone gave six months' notice of their intention to terminate in 2006.
    Giant Indian corporation Sahara have already confirmed they are investigating United's proposals, while Saudi Telecom would also be among the companies who could be involved.
    Apparently its a tough time to re-negotiate sponsorship contracts but insiders think that United being such a huge Global brand will actually be able to even better the massive deal that they originally had with AIG!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: AIG End contract early with MUFC

World champions, European champions, Premier League champions. There won't be any problem at all negotiating a new and improved contract with a new sponsor. I just hope its a decent brand this time!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah I see what you mean but to be honest I wasn't too bothered with AIG not so far as a brand cos it meant nothing to me but it wasnt flashy and didnt have any really annoying logo which detracts the eye and I like the sponsors that are nice and simple and in an oblong sort of shape, personally i'd like ot see someone like "Sony" just simple and it looks smart white font on a red shirt. I always liked the look of the chelsea samsung kit too always looked good.

Thanks
    Karma Level

bring back sharp

Thanks
    Karma Level

lmao Re: AIG End contract early with MUFC

Must admit I always loved the sharp sponsor but dont think the company could stump up enough money nowadays to be our sponsor, heres a few i'd like to see......

Looks neat

Again looks good and they could afford it

Also I've always admired Barca for what they did for unicef so maybe do this...

But best of all would be to see the scousers faces when we turned upin our new kit with this on...

Well we already own the ref's and the premier league we might aswell go the whole hog

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lighty View Post

Rupert Murdoch would want a pound of flesh, he wouldn't be happy with just the name on the shirt.

Thanks
    Karma Level

You guys seen the proposed new shirt btw? Based on the Mexico 2006 shirt, features a black chevron. Nice

Note: image IS a photoshop representation and may be total bollocks

Thanks
    Karma Level

£125m Deal Fits For Reds

MANCHESTER UNITED are out to land a new £125million shirt sponsorship deal — with Saudi Telecom favourites to get their name on the famous shirt.

AIG yesterday confirmed they would not be renewing their £19m-a-year sponsorship deal at the end of next season.

The firm has collapsed in the credit crunch and had to be propped up by the US taxpayer.

Saudi Telecom, the leading provider of telecommunications in Saudi Arabia, have no such problems.

They are desperate to increase their influence with United, who are massive in the Middle East.

Saudi Telecom already have a £15m, five-year deal with the club to use United’s branding with their products inside their own country.

But the prospective shirt sponsorship deal will dwarf AIG’s and be worth £25million a year over five years.

Saudi Telecom has also expanded into Malaysia, Indonesia and South Africa, where United have huge support as well. The club will be in Malaysia in the summer as part of their pre-season tour.

A United spokesman said: “Manchester United is exploring the possibility of a shirt sponsor for the 2010-11 season.

“The club is in dialogue with a select number of top companies worldwide and has so far received sufficient interest to be confident it can improve on its £19m annual partnership with AIG.”

United have also made contact with Indian financial services corporation Sahara.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2157443.ece

Thanks
    Karma Level

I much prefer this:

Awaiting Email Confirm Thalamus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Apparently its a tough time to re-negotiate sponsorship contracts but insiders think that United being such a huge Global brand will actually be able to even better the massive deal that they originally had with AIG!!!
    Possibly but what bearing would Fergies retirement have on all this.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thalamus View Post
    Possibly but what bearing would Fergies retirement have on all this.
    None, because he hasn't announced a retirement date. And the United brand will not lessen immediately upon Fergie retiring, Liverpool still hang on for about 7 years after Paisley left, and he was IMO the last of their great managers.

Awaiting Email Confirm Thalamus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    None, because he hasn't announced a retirement date. And the United brand will not lessen immediately upon Fergie retiring, Liverpool still hang on for about 7 years after Paisley left, and he was IMO the last of their great managers.
    Fair point BBK but with Fergie's lets say imminent retirement the whole thing does become a gamble for potential sponsors.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I doubt that it does.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Nah I disagree United are the brand not fergie, I get what your saying as the success is largely down to him as a manager, but I think there are the right people at United now to bring in a decent manager, ideally another long term quality manager is what we are after my fear is that we end up with managers lasting 2 or 3 seasons then getting binned off for poor results, think to be honest we'll see Mourinho at OT in a few years. Think i'd be happy with that too as long as United the PLC gave him a good proportion of control in the market. As for that kit BBK Like you said could be bollocks I have seen it but didnt bother posting it as a lot of people saying it IS bollocks including Nike themselves I hear???

Thanks
    Karma Level

Anyone else heard that the American banks are threatening to call in the loans on the Glaziers?

I guess worst case the assets would be stripped and sold, but hey its Utd some will cough up and buy the club.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nathz29 View Post
    Anyone else heard that the American banks are threatening to call in the loans on the Glaziers?

I guess worst case the assets would be stripped and sold, but hey its Utd some will cough up and buy the club.

Nope not heard a thing where is your source??

Thanks
    Karma Level

Absolute crap story.

The bindippers have wet dreams of MU failing in any way shape or form as they simply cannot win the league on the back of their own talent. They have to rely on others' failures

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I think that looks ace! over 100 mill for a shirt contract, crazy money lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes I heard something like this. Its based around the fact that United are basically owned via hedge funds, and there was some concern that with the current financial situation, the hedge fund owners would be recalling some loans. However, I think this is unfounded as whilst there is a global credit crunch, the funds aren't performing so badly. So sadly for LFC fans, United look like they are ok

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    I think that looks ace! over 100 mill for a shirt contract, crazy money lol
    yes, it would be lovely for united to have a free sponsor, as we already do a lot of work with Unicef, but the reality is that shirt sponsorship helps pay off our loans, and if we can get £9 million (at least) more a year that will all help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast