Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Whats the best fix and combination people have found for 3rrod/e74/etc

Im currently testing 3 or 4 different ways to repair the 3rrod and other similar errors such as error 74's etc. what i wanted to know is what did you find best as a fix or combination of fixes etc.

i seem to have found one that up to press seems a more permanent fix than anything else ive tried and ive tested every kind of fix and 'way' thats ever been posted. Ill put together a guide with hopefully some pictures if i get round to it.

but in the meantime i wanted to get other peoples views, also what kind of return rate would you say you had with them. do you think its 100% that they will go again or are you confident that you can fix them np.

Ive sourced all the parts for my fix mostly locally bar the odd one or two and ive been in touch with foreign suppliers for the parts im struggling to get.
    Last edited by Detector; 17th February 2009 at 11:26 PM.
    A wise man once said " "

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Whats the best fix and combination people have found for 3rrod/e74/etc

in fact ill go a bit further, once i get the kit refined ill give 2 away to someone on here. id appreciate maltloaf testing 1 kit so there will be one spare. once they are tested fully ill get a guide together including all the info to buy the parts saving df'ers a fair amount of brass and ensuring their 360 is error free for that bit longer.
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Whats the best fix and combination people have found for 3rrod/e74/etc

I heard that a combination of the Xclamp/thermal paste fix and the Team Xecuter memory pad RROD kit are your best bet at a permanent 3RL fix. Thats what im about to do. Just need to get the right power supply unit as I have the wrong one at the moment.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Billhouse View Post
    I heard that a combination of the Xclamp/thermal paste fix and the Team Xecuter memory pad RROD kit are your best bet at a permanent 3RL fix. Thats what im about to do. Just need to get the right power supply unit as I have the wrong one at the moment.
    im about to do my 3rd of these, the first one was over 6 or so months ago, prob more and its still going strong
    Through the darkness of futures past. The magician longs to see.
    One chance out between two worlds. Fire Walk With Me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i look forward too ure findings , ive done my daughters which is still going strong 4 months on , yet ive got one here which didnt have 3rrod but was just freezing so ive done the xclamp using 2 different kits off ebay , 1 using the plastic and metal washers and anther using all metal washers and still cant get it to work more than an hr, going to order the memory pad things from neo and see if that does anything , cant remember how i did my daughters and dont want to tempt fate by opening it up and having a look lol

ta

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have 2 that don't seem to want to work with any fix i could test one if needed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've got a couple just waiting for a psu and some fiddling, will let you know how i get on solving problems, will probably be trying x-clamp and xecuter fixes, will give you a pm with how i get on!

Thanks
    Karma Level

get a warrenty sticker bashed on it and send back to m$ works for me everytime

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Would not mind buying some of those but cant find non anywhere.

just to let everyone know im ordering all the parts i need in bulk over the next 2 days, once i get everything ill sort out the people on here a couple of kits to try. put it this way, even a troubled 360 that i tried the older kits (from ebay) on work fine this new way.

once i get all the bits ill do a quick guide and id appreciate a couple of people trying the kit to see how they get on.
    det.
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

i wouldnt say no to a kit , dont mind paying either, ive tried various combo's with the washers etc , wierd thing is with the heat sinks off it works ok 4 about a min then over heats , put the both heat sinks back on and freezes straught away with out any error code or red lights .

Thanks
    Karma Level

I do these daily and have found using both the xecutor memory pads & replacing x-clamp with m5x10's using arctic silver 5 the best fix imo for rrod, e74's normally need a re-flow though

Saying that I have fixed rrod boxes months ago using only the memory pads and there still going strong

Whats involved in your fix Det ?

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

its a combination of things, a combination of fixes plus my own little additions. ive ordered the parts today so hopefully ill be able to post more very soon. just to say ive now done 4 xbox 360's that before were a pain and now they are working fast and loading up very fast.

ive been doing the repairs on xboxes for years, ive repaired 360's since they first came out so ive refined the repair to a point where for me it works everytime without fail. if the parts ive ordered work ok ill do a guide and a list where to buy the parts from. my fix covers everything
    A wise man once said " "

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Update: Ive now been in contact with a company here in the UK that can manufacture the 'hard to source' parts i need for this fix.

they have produced a sample and have posted this out to me, ill let you know once i get this on my doorstep.

that is all im waiting for now, once that comes i will pack a couple of kits together and send them off to a couple of peeps in here - 1 is maltloaf who i would appreciate to test 1 of the kits.

The kits dont come with heatsink paste as this would have been too expensive BUT what they do come with far makes up for this

more to come soon

det
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

I am on my 4th Xbox360 now, the fixes do work but I find they only extend the lifespan by a few months (best one for me was the shopneo fix - the pads bought me an extra 6months for under a fiver!)

Me and my house mate have a box that we are going to try to re-flow as a test as we hear that the best results come from this.
    Never take friendship personal.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Detector View Post
    Update: Ive now been in contact with a company here in the UK that can manufacture the 'hard to source' parts i need for this fix.

they have produced a sample and have posted this out to me, ill let you know once i get this on my doorstep.

that is all im waiting for now, once that comes i will pack a couple of kits together and send them off to a couple of peeps in here - 1 is maltloaf who i would appreciate to test 1 of the kits.

The kits dont come with heatsink paste as this would have been too expensive BUT what they do come with far makes up for this

more to come soon

det
    Drop me a pm when you have this sorted, will happily purchase about 5-10 off you mate, rather money go to a df member than just another name on the bay.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just fixed my Xbox 360 with the Xclamp/thermal paste & memory pad fix. Working perfectly now.

Thanks
    Karma Level

ill take one off you when they are done one on mine are down ive tryed the xclamp but didnt do the pads still got no output on tv when i turn it on

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

crack_it - that xbox sounds like an ideal tester unit.

should be getting the parts through any day now and ill pop a kit in the post foc if you send a pm. ill do a rough guide too. will have to do anyway until i get my cammy back from pc world.
    A wise man once said " "

Thanks
    Karma Level

lemme know if you want me to try a kit det, im always up for a bit of testing
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/maltloaf Garmin Connect: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/maltloaf_df
    Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/2631290
    i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz/3060ti 8GB Oculus Quest 2
    Laptop Asus FX505GT i5 9500/1650 4GB

Inactive
    Thanks
    Karma Level

malt & crack_it you should receive your kit today or tommorow

freaky's has been posted this morning.

before anyone asks ive no more spare to send out now. i would appreciate any feedback from you three to see what you thought of the kit.

det
    A wise man once said " "

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast