Close

Thread: 1st tattoo

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default 1st tattoo

OK looking to get my first tattoo and wanting some recomendations for someone decent near me.

Can travel to Leeds or Manchester easily so if any recommendations round there would be mint.

I really want a japanese mask / hanya style one - lower leg

TIA!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: 1st tattoo

theres the one i go to about 20 miles from leeds (hemsworth west yorkshire) theres a bloke called keith his shops called skin deep (01977 616669) id recommed him or brian who also works there (brians thur,fri,sat only though)

hth

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by kry0genik View Post
    Louis Malloys in Middleton?

http://www.tattoos.co.uk/
    has he moved from london then, or got more shops, i used to watch London ink his show on sky, hes most famous for david beckhams tat, and hes a dam good tattoo artist
    Through the darkness of futures past. The magician longs to see.
    One chance out between two worlds. Fire Walk With Me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

as far as i remember i think the london ink studio belonged to dan i think his name was (the fella that louis treat like he was new to tattooing) who wore glasses and had a big ace of spades inked on his neck

Thanks
    Karma Level

nigel kurt, barnsley, funhouse tattoo.

http://www.nigelkurt.com/index.php
    Last edited by thommo; 18th February 2009 at 03:17 PM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=Blue]TASK FORCE 141, DOOM ON YOU MR.TANGO! MW2 COMPLETE ON VETERAN

ARROGANT YES., FULL OF SHIT YES, ALWAYS RIGHT,YES.
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thanks
    Karma Level

saz tattoos are good - wrong side of Manchester for you (but so is malloy). For any of the big names you'll probably ned up waiting 12-18months.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't bother with Malloy or any of these other fucking "tv stars". You will wait months and pay a fortune, most of the ones they show on tv are wank. A good tattoo is worth travelling and waiting for (not more than 3 months).
    Loads of conventions coming up this year, why not view the artists who are attending and try to get a slot? The US artists normally bring clients with them, but Europe has some fantastic artists. The Wales show has been moved to Doncaster Racecourse, the Liverpool show has a great lineup...

http://www.tattoojam.co.uk/home.php?/Home
    http://www.design4lifetattoo.co.uk/c...ion/index.html

Other than that, Steve Byrne in Leeds... http://WWW.INNAMEANDBLOOD.NET
    He is appointment only, you can't just turn up...

Have an idea for a design ready, they don't welcome you in the shop and send you away for 30 mins while they draw up your dream tattoo!! That is more tv bullshit.
    Last edited by Tattooed Freak; 21st February 2009 at 04:22 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

That wonky green thing he did on the back of Beckhams neck looks great!

Thanks
    Karma Level

When did I say he was a shit tattooist or say I was an expert. I said most of the tattoos on the show are wank, which they are. The format of the show is wank, Dan's late again and Louis is annoyed. Blah, blah, blah. Oh look, here come Boyzone to get eachothers cocks tattoed on there arses.
    I have been getting tattooed for nearly 10 years and know alot of people in the industry. I don't like colourd ink, yet I let my tattooist do 2 large pieces to help raise the profile of his portfolio. Never said I was an expert, have only ever picked up a tattoo machine to have a look. I spend hours looking for new designs and discussing future projects with my tattooist. I'm not your average muppet with a celtic band that has gone green from too much sun.

Let's see all the work Louis has done on you...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Afraid to say, you did mention the tv show. So what you are saying is, you know nothing about tattoos other than what you have seen on tv as you have never met him or had work done by him. So its my opinion against yours. When I write my post you get upset and defend him.
    I've met him at a few conventions up north and said hello (is he in my cricle?). Not once have I said he was shit... shall I say that again so it sinks in and you can stop defending him. Why are you getting so irate because I gave my opinion? That is what DF is for...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    nigel kurt, barnsley, funhouse tattoo.

http://www.nigelkurt.com/index.php

Nigel Kurt, great artist. Might have to wait a while for him...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Obviously hit a nerve with you on this subject which is sad as I thought I made some good recommendations. If that is a problem for you and I "implied" that Louis Malloy is shit, I am sorry. Didn't mean to upset you, merely gave my opinion about the real tattoo world being nothing like it is on tv and the quality of some of the work. Go through some of my other posts in this section and see how many people have reacted like you. I even started a thread on how bad my own backpiece was due to bad planning to warn others off rushing in. Does that imply my artist is shit, no. I planned it too quickly and ended up with a mess. Painful and expensive lesson learnt, its taken 5 years to put right.
    > Prezzy, I'm sorry if I wrecked your thread pal. I have some cracking designs I can forward onto your or anyone else who wants them. Won't mention who I got them off incase I imply the wrong thing and someone gets upset.

Thanks
    Karma Level

oh the humanity..both of you please... think of the children

im going to chuck my two-peneth in as well about malloy, personally im not a fan im sure he can do some stunning work and has done some lovely work both on beckham (excluding the tramp stamp) and some of the people who i saw on london ink, the thing that puts me off is his attitude theres a lot of tattooists out there who have the same chip on their shoulder like theyre doing you a favour to dane to talk to you and from the tv show and the once i met him (watford gap services) he was a bit up his own arse

with this being your 1st tattoo prezzy id look not only for someone who you like the work of but some you get on with cos if your sat there for 3-5 hrs be it just the once or 3-4 hours every couple of weeks, its not going to be the best experience of your life if you cant stand the person tattooing you, and i speak from experience ive got an upper sleeve on my right arm thats just the outline cos i couldnt stand the fella who did it,

edit - i forgot to mention, in the post i made before with the phone number (keith in hemsworth) hes appointment only

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooed Freak View Post
    Nigel Kurt, great artist. Might have to wait a while for him...

hence why i mentioned him, i travel from leeds to go get mine from him, he did a great b&g portrait of my pooch that passed away,

rates are reasonably and his work is top notch.

i had to wait a few weeks so wasnt that bad, still a few weeks is better than having one off the board in any dodgy old hole.
    [CENTER][COLOR=Blue]TASK FORCE 141, DOOM ON YOU MR.TANGO! MW2 COMPLETE ON VETERAN

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'd be very intrested to see some photo's, he is a great tattooist and a very nice bloke.

Thanks
    Karma Level

if you,ve seen his site you,ve seen my tattoo on there (pic dont do it juctice as it was taken fresh not healed,was one 3/4hr sitting)he did his best from a poor photo i took he siad it would have had more detail if the pic had been better, but in the flesh it looks great and ive had many comments, the eyes are really good they sparkle.

, going back soon for a b&g ww2 photo of my grandad doing, (one of those they all had taken before the off in unform).

from there im getting the arms sorted i have one or two from way back that need sorting, prob intergrated into a sleeve.

oh and he is a nice bloke too i second that.

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    if you,ve seen his site you,ve seen my tattoo on there (pic dont do it juctice as it was taken fresh not healed,was one 3/4hr sitting)he did his best from a poor photo i took he siad it would have had more detail if the pic had been better, but in the flesh it looks great and ive had many comments, the eyes are really good they sparkle.

, going back soon for a b&g ww2 photo of my grandad doing, (one of those they all had taken before the off in unform).

from there im getting the arms sorted i have one or two from way back that need sorting, prob intergrated into a sleeve.

oh and he is a nice bloke too i second that.
    is that your tat m8?? i see 4 dogs on there and i think they are ALL fuckin dam good, but i love this one, black and grey tats look cool
    Last edited by Freaky; 22nd February 2009 at 02:09 AM.
    Through the darkness of futures past. The magician longs to see.
    One chance out between two worlds. Fire Walk With Me.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Louis Malloys in Middleton
    he is the man