Close

Thread: I'm a murderer

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default I'm a murderer

Today I was 1/2 a mile from work (17 mile journey) doing 25-30mph and out the corner of my eye I saw this blur of black dart out from someones driveway.
    I hit the brakes and then felt my rear end go over the poor blighter.
    As I looked in my rear view mirror after coming to a stop I saw someones pet cat doing somersaults and backflips in the road behind me.
    There was fuck all I could have done to prevent it, and fuck all I could have done for the cat other than reverse back over it to put it out of its misery, 2 ton of Volvo can't have given it much chance of survival though.

It wasn't nice

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: I'm a murderer

Quote Originally Posted by Geezah View Post
    Today I was 1/2 a mile from work (17 mile journey) doing 25-30mph and out the corner of my eye I saw this blur of black dart out from someones driveway.
    I hit the brakes and then felt my rear end go over the poor blighter.
    As I looked in my rear view mirror after coming to a stop I saw someones pet cat doing somersaults and backflips in the road behind me.
    There was fuck all I could have done to prevent it, and fuck all I could have done for the cat other than reverse back over it to put it out of its misery, 2 ton of Volvo can't have given it much chance of survival though.

It wasn't nice
    It was an accident, don't blame it on yourself.
    zapped admin far too big.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

lol... I would have to join you there... I hit a fox a few months ago at night.. stopped and couldnt find it anywhere... after about a week there was a fucking aweful stench coming from the back of me van... found half a fox stuck to the back offside wheel hub at the back.
    Who were you when you thought you where you was?. Whats a matter for can't you want to?

Thanks
    Karma Level

i had a rabbit stuck in between the aircon rad and the front skirt on my m5 for a few weeks before my valeter showed it to me when he was cleaning it (yeuch!)
    Losing Gracefully Since September 2010

Thanks
    Karma Level

Was driving down the M6 one day when a pigeon played chicken, heard a dull thud but though nothing of it. Got to the depot in Preston and the apprentice came out to see me and immediately started making barfing noises.

The pigeon had hit the front end of my roof rack, split down the center of its breastbone and wrapped itself round splaying its guts to the wind and the entire roof length of the van... Nice..

Another story,

Was driving down the M6 ( again!! ) middle lane following a coach, wanted to overtake but faster vechicles overtaking us etc... Suddenly the coach swerves into the slow lane and I'm facing an entire school of ducks crossing the motorway, couldn't go left as coach had taken the gap up, couldn't go right as faster cars already there, couldn't brake as cars up my arse.... Had to plough through the entire lot of them. Mother duck at the front, shit load of ducklings and Daddy duck at the back. All I heard was muffled thuds and when I looked behind all I could see were feathers....

Worse still, when I overtook the coach I'd been following it was full of schoolkids who'd seen the slaughter and looked at me like I was some kind of murderer, or crying.... Jesus I felt bad that morning!!

Point being, you can't do nothing about it. Shit happens...

Mike.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Carterman View Post
    Jesus I felt bad that morning!!

Mike.
    fuckoff your school of CJ, you went home and had a wank
    Who were you when you thought you where you was?. Whats a matter for can't you want to?

Thanks
    Karma Level

I hit a rabbit at about 80ish, the fat fucker tore out my fog lamp. I for one hope the sod had a few seconds of agony.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Carterman View Post
    Was driving down the M6 ( again!! ) middle lane following a coach, wanted to overtake but faster vechicles overtaking us etc... Suddenly the coach swerves into the slow lane and I'm facing an entire school of ducks crossing the motorway, couldn't go left as coach had taken the gap up, couldn't go right as faster cars already there, couldn't brake as cars up my arse.... Had to plough through the entire lot of them. Mother duck at the front, shit load of ducklings and Daddy duck at the back. All I heard was muffled thuds and when I looked behind all I could see were feathers....

Worse still, when I overtook the coach I'd been following it was full of schoolkids who'd seen the slaughter and looked at me like I was some kind of murderer, or crying.... Jesus I felt bad that morning!!

Mike.
    I think i have issues i actually was laughing to myself at work ... people were looking at me as if to say why is he laughin at himself!

im a bad man!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

M8 it werent your fault there was nothign you could do.
    OMG to the whole duck family though dayyymmmnnn!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I hit a pheasant doing 80 once. Turned round to go find the thing but it had completely disappeared.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I hit a pheasant on my first ever driving lesson, it was just sat there in the middle of the road and looked like it was just a bag or something. Driving instructor had to get out and stand on it's neck.