Close

Thread: SEGA MEGA DRIVE

Thanks
    Karma Level

Retro SEGA MEGA DRIVE

Play.com (UK) : Sega Mega Drive Console With 15 Games (Megadrive) : Gadgets - Free Delivery

Yes you read right the classic SEGA Megadrive is being re-released on the 24th April. Priced at 37.99

It comes with 15 inbuilt games which are: Alex Kid, Alien Storm, Altered Beast, Arrow Flash, Bonanza Bros., Columns, Crack Down, Decap Attack, E Swat, Fatal Labyrinth, Flicky, Gain Ground, Golden Axe, Shadow Dancer, Sonic And Knuckles

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: SEGA MEGA DRIVE

Shame it wasn't more games

Most of them are on the 360 disc

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MARVIN View Post
    Play.com (UK) : Sega Mega Drive Console With 15 Games (Megadrive) : Gadgets - Free Delivery

Yes you read right the classic SEGA Megadrive is being re-released on the 24th April. Priced at 37.99

It comes with 15 inbuilt games which are: Alex Kid, Alien Storm, Altered Beast, Arrow Flash, Bonanza Bros., Columns, Crack Down, Decap Attack, E Swat, Fatal Labyrinth, Flicky, Gain Ground, Golden Axe, Shadow Dancer, Sonic And Knuckles
    marvin m8 i had the megadrive with the 32x crammed in the top and the mega cd thing, i have yet to find a game that takes up more of my time than sor2 and toejam and earl

nice find though......

doom 32x forced me into the pc scene at the time and i have never looked back....386 pc cost me a feckin mint ..

Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean
    the same thing?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Was at a boot fair last week and there was loads and loads of MD carts for sale all about £2-3 each
    What is it with steel wool? Is it steel? Or is it wool?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

this is great news for any collectors of consoles, just the fact it will play any region is a great addition, plus with 15 games built in, gonna get myself one of these!
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think this is what Play-Asia have been selling for a while now, I posted it a while back.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-19-71-...megadrive.html

Tempting lol
    We all make mistakes sometimes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Random, I can't see anyone buying this really when you can just get the xbox game.
    If people want a megadrive won't they just buy one of the old ones? they look better imho
    [live=TaxiMike]TaxiMike[/live]

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i can see the point if you have young kids - too young for a wii or an xbox 360 of their own, you buy them this, comes with 15 games and you can buy them other games for a couple of quid, plus if they break it, you aint really lost alot
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well i dont have to worry as i own a SNES and Megadrive since i was about 7 and never gotten rid of them and still play them because imho you cant improve on the classics

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post
    I think this is what Play-Asia have been selling for a while now, I posted it a while back.

Tempting lol
    Looking at that I'd get the Jap original in the 3rd link down. Had one of these first time around and was great
    What is it with steel wool? Is it steel? Or is it wool?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Initially it's a nice idea as we all think about the good old 16-bit days and I do get nostalgic about games and consoles from back in the day (although I was more of Super Famicom person than a Megadrive one) but if I were being 100% honest they should stay there. I occassionally fire up the odd emulator every now and again but long gone are the days where I could spend hours playing these older generation of games because I've come to expect a lot more from the games I play now - I must be getting old I guess!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Goldberg View Post

Tempting lol

Was looking at this a few weeks back,- if those joypads are as good as the original MD 6-button ones, I'd get one just for them! Best pads EVER imho.
    20 single men... 20 single women... 300 ravenous monkeys! Melanie,- START THE MACHINE!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think they are, I got one of the Mega Drive 'Street Fighter II' TV things with 2 x 6 button Megadrive pads. Simply excellent

Thanks
    Karma Level

This is great tho u can get the original for cheaper than that lol. it mite mean we get new games. For young children this is perfect as you dont have to worry about games vilence and whether it will be too complicated for them. No fear of scratching discs either.

just so u all know the original mega drive and mega drive 2 was multi region, there was no region codes until discs came out. you can't region carts.

interesting point- sonic and knuckles was a special cart that u put the original sonic games in to so u could play with knuckles instead of sonic, if its built in how can u do this.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmiroff View Post
    This is great tho u can get the original for cheaper than that lol. it mite mean we get new games. For young children this is perfect as you dont have to worry about games vilence and whether it will be too complicated for them. No fear of scratching discs either.

just so u all know the original mega drive and mega drive 2 was multi region, there was no region codes until discs came out. you can't region carts.

interesting point- sonic and knuckles was a special cart that u put the original sonic games in to so u could play with knuckles instead of sonic, if its built in how can u do this.
    yes the original mega drive was multi region but you couldnt use Japanese or American carts in the machine without modding it, each regions carts were a different shape and would only fit in their respective regions consoles, however i think that they did implement a software solution for region coding late into its life (built into the game not the console) so even if you had cut the cartridge slot to fit usa games it wouldnt play them if the game was region locked.

As for sonic and knuckles as far as im aware it mainly changed over the colour palettes and some minor code tweaks for the glide move, which is why i dont think you could use it with sonic 1 as the way the games palettes was coded didnt work with Sonic and Knuckles - i may be wrong here tho its been many years since i last thought about this

Thanks
    Karma Level

There was an article recently I read regarding the Sonic and Knuckles query. The recent Sega collection is missing this game as they have stated it was too difficult to include because of the cart in cart way of working... Bollocks if you ask me!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i had a mgh disk copyer for both my md and super famicom, was a qreat bit of kit, had all pal games and a lot of jap only stuff to that never saw england, like a game called kai kai ka tie. you played a s abig panda, and killed anything that moved lolol. but i agree with some one above about these games staying in your memory as i fired up poliat wings the other day, i loved that game but it looked and played like shit lol. now its ruined for me