Close

Thread: Daffs

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Daffs

15 mins spare so messed around with some daffs I robbed from the side of the road today

Bilbo (and others) would like your C&C on these, I used tripod and was messing with selecting the focus point and playing with the f stops

It was only about 15 mins or so, found it hard to get in really tight with the tripod, any tips ?

cheers

THE BARON

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Daffs

I dunno why Baron, but the background you are (or aren't using) is dragging my attention away from the flowers, otherwise, great pics

What sort of tripod you using? (Don't just say a 3 legged one) After seeing a couple of the guys on here with theirs, I think that could be their secret. Mine's a simple A-Frame type and it does have it's limits of where I can put it in relation to objects because of the legs.

K
    What is it with steel wool? Is it steel? Or is it wool?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Can you post up the exif for these mate? Not sure what issues you are describing with your tripod mate, can you be a bit more specific?

Thanks
    Karma Level

no 1

Exposure:0.017 sec (1/60)Aperture:f/3.2Focal Length:60 mmISO Speed:400Exposure Bias:+2/3 EVFlash:On

no 2 3 and 4

Exposure:0.008 sec (1/125)Aperture:f/32.0Focal Length:60 mmISO Speed:400Exposure Bias:0 EVFlash:On

with regard to the tripod, I coudlnt get it close enough and keep the pic in focus, I`ve handheld shots (not the best for macro) I lot closer/tighter

cheers
    THE BARON

Thanks
    Karma Level

F/32 will give some diffraction. I would try to keep around f/16 max.

You could try moving the flower not the tripod when you are trying to focus. Another thing is try focus stacking, where you focus at different points of the subject - using a minimum of 3, up to 15 if you're good enough without equipment such as a focus rail, and use Combine CZ to blend the images into one with a computer-blended increased DoF.

Bilbo.

Social Networking Bookmarks