Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Is it possible to not support any team and yet still take part in banter.

After seeing Russbeer handing out a bit of stick today it got me thinking.

Is it possible to actually care about football and should you be able to give stick to teams and supporters of clubs if you in fact support no one.

I watch a smattering of foreign football but it doesn't affect me no matter what the result as i just don't care,and would never dream of giving stick to a Barca supporter because they got beat by Athletico.

I remember a while ago we had a peter crouch thread and 4me2 admitted not supporting anyone as well.
    I obviously can't put myself in their shoes but i just can't see the point in giving stick when there seems no reasoning behind it.
    Take the mancs for example they get fucking humiliated on their own ground on saturday and cj who supports leeds has a pop.Now Leeds have been out the prem for years so the game has no bearing on them at all but Leeds fans don't like the Mancs so you can see his point.City fans laugh at them and you can see theirs.Even the likes of spurs fans have a dislike for them over the Berbatov transfer.
    Certain fans don't like certain clubs and the feeling goes both ways and stick handed out in both directions this is what i'd call banter.

But to claim to support no-one and then take part in footballing banter just seems wrong to me.

your views please.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Is it possible to not support any team and yet still take part in banter.

Totally wrong. Surely just means you can't be arsed with the sport week in week out?

Theres a guy at work that claims to this and reckons he has non-biased views. Infact, he just changes his mind whenever he wants. Tosser.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Is it possible to not support any team and yet still take part in banter.

i dont support anybody

but i love watching football

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G. View Post
    After seeing Russbeer handing out a bit of stick today it got me thinking.

Is it possible to actually care about football and should you be able to give stick to teams and supporters of clubs if you in fact support no one.

I watch a smattering of foreign football but it doesn't affect me no matter what the result as i just don't care,and would never dream of giving stick to a Barca supporter because they got beat by Athletico.

I remember a while ago we had a peter crouch thread and 4me2 admitted not supporting anyone as well.
    I obviously can't put myself in their shoes but i just can't see the point in giving stick when there seems no reasoning behind it.
    Take the mancs for example they get fucking humiliated on their own ground on saturday and cj who supports leeds has a pop.Now Leeds have been out the prem for years so the game has no bearing on them at all but Leeds fans don't like the Mancs so you can see his point.City fans laugh at them and you can see theirs.Even the likes of spurs fans have a dislike for them over the Berbatov transfer.
    Certain fans don't like certain clubs and the feeling goes both ways and stick handed out in both directions this is what i'd call banter.

But to claim to support no-one and then take part in footballing banter just seems wrong to me.

your views please.
    there's loads on here like that mate their not football fans their justwind up merchants,as for russbeer well he just has a problem with scouses,maybe ones shagged is bird/boyfriend who knows, but to be honest in my book he's a manc he can deny it all he wants but you only have to see the shite he puts on here.like you i couldnt give a fuck about another sport im not into but some people just live sad existences.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by emu View Post
    i dont support anybody

but i love watching football

Thats not the point mate. Haven't noticed you coming on spouting shit about different teams.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    Thats not the point mate. Haven't noticed you coming on spouting shit about different teams.
    with a two year old and a one year old i dont get time to do jack shit

Thanks
    Karma Level

your views please.
    We don't all share the pigs bladder kicking fetish.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jacko1 View Post
    there's loads on here like that mate their not football fans their justwind up merchants,as for russbeer well he just has a problem with scouses,maybe ones shagged is bird/boyfriend who knows, but to be honest in my book he's a manc he can deny it all he wants but you only have to see the shite he puts on here.like you i couldnt give a fuck about another sport im not into but some people just live sad existences.
    Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas gits.

YouTube - Alf talks about West Ham and Liverpool FC

YouTube - Alf Garnett on Liverpool and Ireland

YouTube - Alf garnet on scousers

YouTube - scouse git
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jacko1 View Post
    I'll take being a manc over a thieving dirty fucking bindipper.

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Dont yas luv dem scousers

Thanks
    Karma Level

I like to stir the pot occasionally because where I live its a 50/50 split of Man U fans and Liverpool fans. I support neither, years back I used to support Utd because my dad did and it was instilled into me at a young age, but I fell out with them big time when Sir Alex started fabricating injuries to Scholes and Beckham so they didn't have to play for England (albeit in friendlies)

Two of my bosses LOVE Liverpool, and I really enjoy winding them up about the Premiership and their lack of success in it, but also enjoy winding up my friends (mostly Utd fans) whenever they get beat too, or about the theory about how they have more fans in Japan and London than in Manchester.

Its easy pickings, I don't get involved in the heavy footy arguments as i don't feel strongly enough about them, but its not too bad for me to join in the banter surely? I'll keep out of the diehard threads though

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lazaruseifer View Post
    one thing that winds me up is people who automatically throw the old... "I go to the matches..." as if it makes them any more of a supporter, no, it just means that, they can afford it.
    it does..and if you really were a supporter you would make sacrifices to get to at least the home games...this one is flogged to death...the armchair jockey's will always argue it makes no odds...they have to to perpetuate the nonsense that they are more than simply fans who watch the game on tv....as for the op..russbeers opinions on football are irrelevant as he admits himself to not even being a fan and his arguments are therefore easily dismissed...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Scouse, proud and love the Reds!

Don't go and see them even half as much as I would like to, but ahh well, one thing that winds me up is people who automatically throw the old... "I go to the matches..." as if it makes them any more of a supporter, no, it just means that, they can afford it.
    I cant afford it at all but still thats what an overdraft is for!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

There are many more important things in life than football for most people and the outrageous costs of going to a match every week (or twice sometimes) is just not affordable. Overdraft or not, people with kids or a home, bills, etc. couldn't afford to do it.

Say ManU have a couple of million fans (a conservative guess) only 60k or so can fit into old trafford that makes 1,940,000 of them not real fans?

and Lazarus is spot on, some folk who spout absolute shite use it as a "my dads bigger than your dad" comment all the time to try and prove they are a bigger fan.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by mik25 View Post
    it does..and if you really were a supporter you would make sacrifices to get to at least the home games...this one is flogged to death...the armchair jockey's will always argue it makes no odds...they have to to perpetuate the nonsense that they are more than simply fans who watch the game on tv....as for the op..russbeers opinions on football are irrelevant as he admits himself to not even being a fan and his arguments are therefore easily dismissed...
    I disagree. We've had this out before, and I think you may have misunderstood some of what I was trying to say (seeing as how you pissed me off so royally ). I have tremendous respect for those who go to every match, and I believe they are BETTER fans than me. I am very passionate about United, I "think" I know quite a lot about football too, which I believe gives me the right to an opinion. But I know I'm not United's greatest fan either.

Back to the original topic - well, if you don't really follow a team you don't have the passion that those of us who do have, and your opinion is somewhat tempered by that. When I come on here, there are a few people's opinions that I look out for the most, because I respect them, whilst not necessarily agreeing with them, but their opinions are valid. There are some, however, who I now just chose to ignore because they are full of bullshit.

The thing that those of us who are passionate need to remember is that, when you're talking about United vs Liverpool, this is one of the biggest football matches in the World. This isn't - anymore - about half of Liverpool vs half of Manchester, its one of the biggest matches anywhere in the World. There aren't many - IF ANY - club matches that generate a bigger global audience, and as such it is a major spectacle and people will have an opinion regardless of whether we want to hear it or not. Tbh I would EXPECT people with any interest in football to have commented about the humiliating score line we witnessed on Saturday, as there is no doubt it sent shockwaves through English football, and as a result, throughout the world.

Regarding the point about following a foreign team - I'm with you BIG, I just don't understand it. I watch a very small amount, but I genuinely don't give a shit who wins the Italian or Spanish leagues, or how well they play. It is totally unimportant to me. Thus I have no real idea how impressive the 4-0 win over Real was, or how uninspiring the 2-0 win over Inter was (though the result the following weekend indicates it I think ). I simply don't give a shit. Yes, I may watch out for the results of other teams over here - Villa, because of my days standing in the Holte end whilst at Uni there, Wednesday because of my partner, and Dunfermline in Scotland because of my mother, but if they win or lose I don't really care (though Villa are royally pissing me off at the moment, but thats more for letting Arse back into 4th!).

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'd just liike to point out to Russ and 4me2 that i wasn't actually having a go i just merely don't understand why you'd be bothered.Although as if you say it's purely on a wind up basis then fair enough and so be it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'd just liike to point out to Russ and 4me2 that i wasn't actually having a go i just merely don't understand why you'd be bothered.Although as if you say it's purely on a wind up basis then fair enough and so be it.
    I know you weren't having a go BIG, and i would like to say my comments are not purely for wind-up, i do follow the "cream" of premiership football, and watch games as and when, I do have an interest in the Premiership, just not one particular team.

I like watching Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea simply because they play good football thats great to watch. A few others like Everton and Bolton I don't mind watching because they don't have the primadonnas (or pre-madonnas as some of you call em!! ) but they give it everything, and i respect them throwing everything into the games, I was never the best footballer when i was able to play, but i always gave 110%

Thanks
    Karma Level

one thing that winds me up is people who automatically throw the old... "I go to the matches..." as if it makes them any more of a supporter, no, it just means that, they can afford it.
    There's only 1 cunt on here who pulls that old chestnut out of the bag - and thats your dipper m8 Jacko1. Can't say I've ever seen you tell him to STFU whenever he pops that one out.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I enjoy football as much as the next man - however, due to a different direction in childhood the 'game' never caught on. I personally blame an arse hole of a father who i recented from an early age trying to force 'his views' on football to me ultimately tarnishing an early love for the game and desire to follow a team.

However that said, i didnt follow a team from a young age and find it difficult to take one on now - due to the fact that learning the history of that team and be able to spot answers questions on them is something only someone with true footble knowledge or a supporter could do.

If playing Fifa or Pro Evo... i'll always been Man Utd

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    I'll take being a manc over a thieving dirty fucking bindipper.
    but are you actually a manc?or a plastic one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast