Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Survival TV shows

I like to watch shows about survival and all that stuff. currently the shows i watch are:
    Suvivorman and a show about living off grid by Les Stroud from this show
    Man vs Wild (Bear Grhyls show)
    seen all of ray mears's stuff
    at the minute i am watching monty halls great escape which is alright in parts

I was wondering is there any other shows like this about, i like all this type of stuff, making a house out of a piece of string a match and a snickers wrapper.

Any suggestions?
    also...There is no good tv anymore, been watching lost and its always sunny in philadelphia but not sure what else to add to my list
    wit woo

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Survival TV shows

If you're into Lost you might like Fringe. I think I saw some of it on Sky 1 earlier it looks pretty interesting, its by the same guy behind Lost. Something about common diseases being engineered and bred into actual monsters or something lol.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah I love them too mate although I think Bear Grylls is crap IMO. Ray Mears is the man.
    I understand and accept that some people hold opinions that are different to my own. Living in a free and democratic society, I fully embrace and respect their right to be wrong.

Thanks
    Karma Level

bear grylls is the hardest man alive, have seen some of the shit he eats?? bleuuch. You want to get old school and watch "The Bushtucker Man" with Major Les Hiddens, he was the original Ray Mears.
    [live=Herbie%20Hyde]Herbie%20Hyde[/live]

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I watch them all to be fair and really enjoy them all each has a different spin and to be fair the stuff Bear eats is feckin rank....

As an aside and on a similar-ish note there was a programme called Buggin with Ruud only saw 2 of them he's a crazy dude that does weird stuff with insects me and my son really enjoyed it but it hasn't been on since...anyone got a link to any or know where it's on, it used to be one of the discovery channels...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie973 View Post
    bear grylls is the hardest man alive, have seen some of the shit he eats?? bleuuch. You want to get old school and watch "The Bushtucker Man" with Major Les Hiddens, he was the original Ray Mears.
    Yeah but you watch the Bear Grylls programs and think wow. Then you hear the stories about him where as soon as they have finished filming for the day he's off to the nearest hotel for the night, rather than sleeping in the jungle as portrayed in the program.

Don't get me wrong, some of the stuff he does is really good and I wouldn't want to do it, but a lot of it is 'built up' for TV.
    Ooh, ooh, ooh, the funky gibbon.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by funkyg View Post
    Yeah but you watch the Bear Grylls programs and think wow. Then you hear the stories about him where as soon as they have finished filming for the day he's off to the nearest hotel for the night, rather than sleeping in the jungle as portrayed in the program.

Don't get me wrong, some of the stuff he does is really good and I wouldn't want to do it, but a lot of it is 'built up' for TV.
    i think i would need to have a hotel after drinking the piss from a camels stomach...lol
    [live=Herbie%20Hyde]Herbie%20Hyde[/live]

Thanks
    Karma Level

i agree, i like mostly the building things from nothing, catching animals etc... think survivorman is the best show... les stroud goes out by himself for a week, he has to do the camerawork etc alone. i think the bushtucker man featured in one of ray mears' shows a couple of years back.

ive heard fringe is a good show, will probably wait for the season to finish then tackle it over a few weeks each night.
    any survivorman fans should check out "Living off Grid" its a documentary about his family moving out into the forest building log cabins with turbines and solar power and all that shite... interesting stuff
    wit woo

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Digital-Forums IRC Last.FM duckduckgo
    Guns don't kill people rappers do, I'm a fucking rapper and I might kill you.