Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Virgin to sponsor Brawn F1 team

Virgin to sponsor Brawn F1 team

The Brawn GP deal represents Virgin's first foray into Formula 1

Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group is to sponsor the new Brawn GP team. Sir Richard, who was last month linked with buying the team, announced a "substantial sponsorship deal" at the Australian Grand Prix on Saturday.
    Brawn GP chief executive Nick Fry said: "Virgin is paying to sponsor the car and it might evolve into more."
    Sir Richard said: "Virgin are trying to build the most respected brand in the world and an involvement with a great team will help that."
    The Brawn team raced as Honda last season but secured their survival only at the beginning of this month following Honda's decision to quit F1 because of the global financial crisis.
    Their car only ran for the first time in March but quickly emerged as the fastest in F1 and the team's English driver Jenson Button is the pre-race favourite for Sunday's Australian Grand Prix.

We are confident that the Virgin BGP 001 car driven by Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello will go from strength to strength this season

Sir Richard Branson

As part of the deal, which Branson hopes to use in order to promote a "clean fuel revolution", the car will be renamed the Virgin BGP 001.
    From Saturday, the previously unbranded white cars will be adorned with the Virgin logo.
    Brawn team principal Ross Brawn said: "An exciting debut race weekend for our team has become even more important as we have secured our second commercial agreement of the season.
    "We look forward to working closely with the Virgin Group and sharing our on-track successes."
    Branson added: "I have always said I would love for Virgin to be involved in F1 and I am thrilled that we will be entering this fantastic sport with people as skilled as Ross Brawn and the Brawn GP team.
    "Over the years Virgin has had the great honour of partnering with technical geniuses and I truly believe that Ross Brawn is to F1 what Burt Ratan is to space travel with Virgin Galactic.
    "We are confident that the Virgin BGP 001 car driven by Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello will go from strength to strength this season and we look forward to a great future working with the Brawn GP team."
    Brawn have not announced the length of the deal, other than to state that they hope it is "for a long time".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/7969435.stm
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Virgin to sponsor Brawn F1 team

Bugger, bloody Virgin! oh well his money is as good as anybody's I guess
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .