Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Xbox 360 Xbox Live Arcade titles getting out of their comfort zone

From examiner.com:

Two new Xbox Live Arcade titles hit tomorrow and they seem...well, a bit greedy. Capcom's alien shepherd title Flock will run at $15 (1200 MSP) and some puzzle game that rehashes Bejeweled and Hexic called Puzzle Quest: Galactrix will require $20 (1600 MSP) for purchase.

XBLA titles are generally successful on the basis that they're worth what they cost; Braid dared to ask $15 of your hard earned cash. There was plenty of upheaval over the price until people got their hands on it and came to the consensus that it may be the best 'little' game of all time.

It doesn't appear Flock or Puzzle Quest has that kind of potential. Even when the games are inevitably discounted the price will still seem high.
    Full Story: examiner.com

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Xbox Live Arcade titles getting out of their comfort zone

Hmm, the original puzzle quest was well worth the price, occupied the missus for weeks. Think i'll put the new one on her ds though and see how she takes to it before i find 1600 points for it on the xbox though.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i once heard the saying, "greed is blind", so inevitably, it will ruin its self, if more games appear at them sort of prices people will just stop looking at the entire arcade section in whole, ruining it for consumers and the title makers themselves.
    i dont see the point, they will possibly make the same $ from it, but from being higher priced and less people making a purchase, i would rarther sell it cheaper and get it out to the mass', which also helps its sequels and extra content be pushed further. but they cant see this, hence the saying

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

totally agree with you on this fella, no one will pay this sort of money for live games, not when some of the full 360 games are selling at this. Look at things like forza 2, gears or war 1, even streetfighter 4 is only 30 quid. Ms are trying their luck and it fail for sure, who ever is in charge of pricing for the live games needs firing as they are just being greedy

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It takes the piss that we have to use MS Points in the first place, these cunts know they wouldn't get half the amount of purchases of DLC and Live content if we had the option of paying in Pounds sterling. How many people have paid out for MS points, had some left over and wasted them on some other shite.

Thanks
    Karma Level

What winds me up is the way I always have a silly random amount of MS points left after purchases (usually just short of what I need to get something) so when I top up I have to buy way more than I need and am then left with more random points left They sure know how to milk you for your cash!
    Never take friendship personal.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beerman View Post
    It takes the piss that we have to use MS Points in the first place, these cunts know they wouldn't get half the amount of purchases of DLC and Live content if we had the option of paying in Pounds sterling. How many people have paid out for MS points, had some left over and wasted them on some other shite.
    Indeed. The one thing I do really like about the PS3 marketplace is the fact that they price up their DLC in 'real money' i.e. sterling and not some shitty points bollocks.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

yes totally agree on this one, the prices for those games are really high for what im guessing they are

mind you i just shelled out 400 ms points for the resident evil 5 vs mode which is ridiculous really considering it should have shipped with the game in my opinion but hey ho its a good game so will make an exception for it
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.