Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: URGENT HELP

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default URGENT HELP

Right so basically got a phonecall from the insurance today saying that our insurance on my car is void.

We got it so my mum is main driver and I was named, and they said that because we only got the insurance for me to drive it's void from the 17th of April.

****ing tesco insurance eh.

So now I've got a problem.

I need help finding a cheap insurance company for me who perhaps wont mind superficial mods (that isnt ultra important though.)

Any help would be appreciated loads. Thanks

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: URGENT HELP

adrian flux dont add anything extra for "mods" well didnt used to.

but try;

www.confused.com best way of doing it, then fone the top 3/4 companies and send em to war with each others prices. works a treat

http://www.superwideprint.net (Digital Print) :cool2:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quinn direct i think didn't care about aesthetic mods, not sure how they are on pice though

Thanks
    Karma Level

Also try adding your mum as a named driver on your policy. I do that and although she never drives my car and never would it still brought my premium down.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by BM View Post
    Also try adding your mum as a named driver on your policy. I do that and although she never drives my car and never would it still brought my premium down.

Is this not in effect doing what we got our wrists slapped for in the first place?

Thanks
    Karma Level

No, I am on my sisters policy for her car as a named driver and it reduced her policy by about £50 about 15% Im not sure why it works that way but I guess it may have somthing to do with a 2nd option of driver should she not be up to driveing or somthing? I have no idea but it does work.

I got my policy reduced by almost 50% by useing confused to find the cheaper quotes and phoneing them up and filling the. forms in on their sites myself. I got similar quotes back but a few days later a phone call came from 3 of the 4 and they offered me stupidly cheap insurance one even 0% over the year so I took that. But I am with no mods.

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!:thumbup:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well im now with Quinn.

£2000 and im the main driver. Im not happy with it but at the end of the day the insurance is 100% correct and the premium should decline loads next year.

Thanks guys

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by QuidProQuo View Post
    Well im now with Quinn.

£2000 and im the main driver. Im not happy with it but at the end of the day the insurance is 100% correct and the premium should decline loads next year.

Thanks guys
    FUCK ME!!!!!! 2k!!! Jesus. How old are you and what's the motor?

Thanks
    Karma Level

£2000..........i got to ask what you are insuring and how old are you

just curious m8.....

Why does "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean
    the same thing?

Thanks
    Karma Level

P.S..... I had my insurance with TESCO for fucking ages, I never had to claim as I'm a fucking amazing driver so I can't really comment on what there like at splashing the cash.

They were very cheap and all the rest of it. I'm guessing your just out your L plates, so go get a cheap motor to get the cost down. Otherwise your pay the price.

TBH don't expect it to drop that much. I had a little 205GTI which was 900notes 3rd party the 1st year and only dropped by about 75notes so I didn't renew. I was only 18 at the time.

Fuck it. Drive to another town, find a car the same colour etc and clone the plates. Repeat every month.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Im 17 just passed in February ahah. And im a bloke so ipso facot savage cost.

Also Im driving a 96 civic = high insurance.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well the one my mum is with is the same one who cancelled it.

And we explained the situation about the cancellation with Quinn and that is sorted.

So yes. we have done all of that.

No need to be sarcky about it though

Thanks
    Karma Level

Oh, and you should count your lucky stars that they told you a week in advance instead of leaving you to be picked up for no insurance with a massive fine and hiked premiums for the next 5 years.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Dont you think I realise that?

Dont you think Ive realised my mistake already? I came here for help I didnt come here to be ripped and talked down to for doing what every other young driver in the history of driving has ever done.

My question has been answered helpfully. Digs are pointless imo

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by QuidProQuo View Post
    Right so basically got a phonecall from the insurance today saying that our insurance on my car is void.

We got it so my mum is main driver and I was named, and they said that because we only got the insurance for me to drive it's void from the 17th of April.
    Just out of interest, did they offer any evidence of you driving it more than your mother ? Or was it a case of, after 2 months consideration and a nice few quid from the payments you had made, we have decided to cancel it.
    Just wondered why it took this massive company 2 months to suss out your alleged 'deception' or 'attempted fraud'. At the end of the day they were quite happy to enter into a contract with you and take your money !!
    Last edited by Eric; 10th April 2009 at 08:57 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Woah woah, I didnt realise I was committing any sort of fraud at all, and in no way am I trying to seem clever in ANY way.. That's not what Im trying to be.

From what my parents and myself had gathered, the best way to insure young drivers was to have them as a named driver and the parent as the main driver. Under no circumstances was I trying to "pull a fast one", it's just what we had been told. Bare in mind, it wasnt ME who was trying to "fool" the insurance company; at the end of the day my mum said she'd take out the first year's insurance and so we both made the mistake.

And too be quite honest I dont appreciate the way you've addressed me just because I'm young. I can understand you just think Im being arrogant and trying to fool the system but im not, alright? Maybe think about that before you just jump to conclusions. I genuinely needed help with a question that I'd got wrong (everyone makes mistakes), and you instantly assumed that Im some sort of cocky arrogant teenager who thinks the world is against him. I just needed a bit of help, which like I said, I got.

@ Eric, yeah I'm not sure what made them check up. I think they asked for some documents and phoned my mum and asked questions and were just like "oh well we cant insure you for that reasons" and gave us a refund + 1 weeks insurance because it was done via website and they didn't provide the necessary checks sooner. Something similar to that

Thanks
    Karma Level

To be honest, I think you were just unlucky. I have my son insured on my 'second car' as a named driver, and have done for the last 3 years.
    Personally I think the only reason the Insurance companies brought this 'fronting' phrase in was to make £££ out of younger drivers. If you are insured as a named driver then what does it matter how many times a week you use the car.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Sell the car to your mum then it will be in her name. Get her to insure it, you be named driver and borrow it whenever you like.
    Banned Scammer

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ekkl View Post
    Sell the car to your mum then it will be in her name. Get her to insure it, you be named driver and borrow it whenever you like.
    That is already the case, but they disallowed it

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ekkl View Post
    That's what the insurance companies like to call 'fronting'. The reason is, it denies them the opportunity of charging younger drivers in excess of 2k for insurance.
    My son was quoted 3k for his car, then when I put it in my name and him as named driver £1200. It is now £600. At the end of the day he uses it for work and back and to his girlfriends. How can they justify that difference ? If he was on his own insurance he would still be doing the same mileage as he does on my insurance, yet the first quote was 3k.
    They take the piss !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast