Close

Thread: HELP

Thanks
    Karma Level

Help HELP

Not sure if im asking in the right place but her goes anyway.I have a swisstec 19/8 hdmi tv connected to my computer by means of a hdmi connector only.Through this i have tried watching hd programmes from my media centre.The problem is that the picture seems slightly blurred and i cant seem to be able to adjust the tv to make it any better.I know that the computer and lead are okay as my mate has tried it on his.So it would appear to be a tv problem.Any ideas guys ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: HELP

Only things I can think of is that either the TV is negotiating a stupidly low resolution with the graphics card, or the card is telling Media Player it is a non-standard res and is converting it on the fly (which I get when playing some US HD shows off my (non-HDMI) PC via my PS3, but not via the 360, for reason's I've never understood). On most TVs you can find an option in the menus while watching that tells you what the incoming signal is (720p/1080p etc). See if it is as good as the resolution of the files you are playing...?

Bob.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: HELP

Have tried another tv monitor on the system with the same effect.I cannot seem to be able to set the screen resolution very high,nor the refresh rate.I'm beginning to think that i am just unlucky

Social Networking Bookmarks