Close

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Job!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: New Job!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyadi View Post
    yeah i would def want it! you did say b/w which is fine i dont think i would like it in blue! will it takje long? and how much will you hurt me? lol
    I'd guess it would probs take around a couple of hours. it's mainly just shading which does take a while to build up and can get rather sore

Thanks
    Karma Level

A mate of mine is at the tattooist right now. He's having an 8 hour sitting. I tried to talk him out of it. He's getting both forearms done together. I'll get some photos later.
    İlubber Lang

CHAMP19NS

Thanks
    Karma Level

Jesus. he's going to be sore!!

I can't take more than about a couple of hours without starting to shake and feel sick!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've had a couple of 4-5 hours sittings in the past and I felt ok but mark who did them was knackered by the end, keith on the other had has done more than that in one go and was ok. I think the pain isnt that bad the shading is always easier than the line work and after the first 5 mins you'll not feel it.

the best thing is not to tense up stay relaxed and loose and you'll barely feel it, take an ipod as well its best to not be sat talking to the tattooist all the time he needs to concentrate at the job in hand especially when like keyamon, is still relativly new to the art. (think back to when you learned to drive and driving and talking at the same time seemed too much)

more than anything though relax its not painless but its not as bad as you think, it will hurt more when its healing in all honesty so dont get too worried about it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

cheers casio for that! im thinking 1ml 2% lidocaine as a start then!

but in all seriousness if i used topical lignocaine would it affect the ink?

oh and keyamon a female friend of mine wishes to know if you would like to do any girly tattoos! ;-)

Thanks
    Karma Level

personally I wouldnt put anything on to numb it just incase it messes with the ink -not that i think it would there are some tattooist that offer numbing cream but it doesnt last very long with the constant wiping of the skin (to clear any excess ink and a little blood)

Personally I look on the pain as you earning your ink. when its done and your on your way home you'll be thinking WTF is that it?!

the only other thing I'd suggest is some non perfumed soap (nothing fancy though) and some either savlon/tattoo goo/preperation h personally I wash mine 3-4 times a day in warm water and soap dab it dry and leave it to heal, in the past ive used savlon but its only good really to cool it when it gets warm (about an hour after it's done) and to stop the itch (when the scabs are falling off) 4-5 days later (although some people take up to 14 days to fully heal)

I have used prep h when its been on the inside of my elbows and i didnt want it to crack. the best thing though is just to relax if you tense your muscles and stress about it, its going to hurt more.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by crazyadi View Post
    but in all seriousness if i used topical lignocaine would it affect the ink?

oh and keyamon a female friend of mine wishes to know if you would like to do any girly tattoos! ;-)
    what sort of girly tattoo? I've got a couple of Hello Kitty things on there or could be up for doing some flowers. But no arse-antlers or Cheryl Cole hand tats!

as for numbing stuff. I've had a go with EMLA cream (always try everything on my self first ) and also the girl I tattooed last week was using Ametop gel (it was her first tat and she was scared).
    Both are supposed to be left on for an hour, covered in clingfilm to keep air tight and apparently stay numb for a few hours.
    When I used it on me it had worn off by the time I'd finished the lines on a couple of basic stars and then seemed to hurt even more cos you got all that soreness all at once rather than a gradual thing you can get used to so I've never used it since.
    On the girl, the Ametop made the skin red and maybe a little tougher. That wasn't a bad thing as it was a soft area and I didn't feel it was any harder to get the ink in, but a quarter way through the shading it wore off and she wasn't happy.
    shouting "oooo... aaaaahhh. It hurts when you stick it in me" hahaha.

When I was at the Tattoo Jam at Doncaster I spoke to a spanish girl who had had a massive tattoo done across her stomach and up her ribs. She had used EMLA cream, left it on for 3 hours and they'd tattooed for 4hours without her feeling a thing.

So it definitely works for some people. I'm not sure about it effecting healing or anything. It doesn't seem to effect the ink from what I've seen, but I have heard people say numbing stuff can slow the healing process.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by casio View Post
    the only other thing I'd suggest is some non perfumed soap (nothing fancy though) and some either savlon/tattoo goo/preperation h personally I wash mine 3-4 times a day in warm water and soap dab it dry and leave it to heal, in the past ive used savlon but its only good really to cool it when it gets warm (about an hour after it's done) and to stop the itch (when the scabs are falling off) 4-5 days later (although some people take up to 14 days to fully heal)
    the hands down best stuff has to be Bepanthen.. it's a nappy rash cream you can get from any supermarket and everyone who's used it has been converted.
    I find it stops the "itch" too because as long as you keep applying it your tat will not scab at all and so should heal better.

Thanks
    Karma Level

prep h does the same thing, i know alot of people who have used it with no probs but there have been a few where its swelled up and gone 'puffy' looking like its infected. i cant remember 100% but i think TF had one go the same way with either tattoo goo or bepanthen if it wasnt him im sure it was someone on here.

it doesnt take me long to heal (about 4 days maybe 5 for me) so i stick to soap and water personally but everyones different. im sure it does more good than bad though.

Thanks
    Karma Level

right then subcut lidocaine it is then!! that or i will grab some emla from work and try the three hour trick then stick pins in myself for a few hours see when it hurts!!

she wanted some flowers, b/w, roses on a vine to be precise. I think she has seen it somewhere i will ask and see if i can get a pic and send it to you! i do know it was quite large, from what she said, and i told her you would have to scale it down etc etc if you were up for doing it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

hey guys, sorry for my slowness on this.. it's mental in the office leading up to xmas and I've not had time for anything with overtime everyday and in at weekends.
    We're in the new shop now and it's real nice. my boss has said he doesn't want me doing anymore free ones! lol. but I still want some different practice so am happy to do those we've agreed at mine if people are ok with that.
    my license does cover me for "some" work out of the shop.

we'll get em sorted after xmas.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm back to it now and getting booked up fast in the new shop..

here's a couple of my latest

Thanks
    Karma Level

Liking the Skull mate, very nice indeed.

Any idea what the Scroll says?
    Drinkin' beer in the hot sun
    I fought the law and I won
    I fought the law and I won

Thanks
    Karma Level

it says "Soul Machine Electrified" which is a reference to the development of the Yamaha R6. It's written on the wall were the team work.. or something like that.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by keyamon View Post
    it says "Soul Machine Electrified" which is a reference to the development of the Yamaha R6. It's written on the wall were the team work.. or something like that.

Sorry.....

It's a bit of a jumble but it actually says....

Man Machine Orgasm

lol.

You've made my day

Thanks
    Karma Level

You should tell Yamaha then.. it's a plaque on their wall

Phoenix (work in progress)

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

looking excellent mate, love the skull above and that phoenix is looking great

had anyone pass out on you yet?
    You know he grew up as a little shitspark from the old shitflint and then he turned into a shitbonfire and driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance he turned into a raging shitfirestorm. If I get to be married to Barb I'll have total control of Sunnyvale and then I can unleash the shitnami tidal wave that will engulf Ricky and extinguish his shitflames forever. And with any luck he'll drown in the undershit of that wave. Shitwaves.

Thanks
    Karma Level

almost.
    had someone in the shop other day who started to go real dizzy with their eyes rolling in their head.
    He had something in his mouth which was either due to being diabetic or to stop them biting their tongue!! Either way I wasn't impressed they'd been booked in for me. It also meant he couldn't speak properly. By the end I thought he was either going to flip out and go psycho on me, or pass out.
    was very odd.

Thanks
    Karma Level

[quote=keyamon;3210717]You should tell Yamaha then.. it's a plaque on their wall

I'd love to see it. As that is not something Yamaha would put on their wall.

Anyway, as long as its not your mistake and the customer brought it in no problems!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thrush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by keyamon View Post
    You should tell Yamaha then.. it's a plaque on their wall
    I'd love to see it. As that is not something Yamaha would put on their wall.

Anyway, as long as its not your mistake and the customer brought it in no problems!
    oh yeah it was his design. I would never design something using characters I can't read! lol

This was the image he sent which was taken directly from the "History of the R6 Development and Technology" book which is given by Yamaha to new R6 owners.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Social Networking Bookmarks