Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default What can I do with...

....a TT-Budget S-1100 on a PC running Windows 7?

I set it up earlier this year to see what channels I could get but as I don't have any kind of card or module to plug into it, I seemed to be limited to what channels I could receive, not all of the FTA or FreeSat channels were accessible, especially HD channels.

My Tv has a FTA tuner built in so unless I use the Sat Card in my PC to record stuff [I don't really watch enough Tv to warrant recording] I don't really know what else I can do with it. I mainly watch films through my PC, particularly 1080p stuff but I like watching films.

Presumably I could point my dish at Hotbird but as its a minidish, is it likely to pick anything up, and even if it does am I likely to need a subscription card, or are there some useful bits of software out there which may help me out?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: What can I do with...

At the moment there is very little available on satellite due to recent changes, I use a skystar usb with flycccam as a plugin, a connection to the web and using a test 'c' line from a pay server I am enjoying a large number of channels over above what is available on standalone boxes at the mo, if this makes sense, there are other ways to watch satellite tv (no card or cam)
    a motorised dish is a must though.
    hotbird has a decent signal strength and you may be lucky enough to pick it up, depends where you are in the uk.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well, 'flycccam' and 'test 'c' line' don't mean anything to me to be honest, I've heard of cam's [as in the modules] and cam related apps, the 'c' line from a pay server is totally alien to me but I'll have a dig and see what I can find out. Do you have a link to a channel list using this method and does it work under Media Center which is part of Windows 7?

You also mentioned an alternative method of watching satellite channels with no card or cam, can you expand on this without either of us getting flamed?

A motorised dish is out of the equation for a while so I'd like to do what I can with the minidish and make the most of it for as little money as possible, just using my existing setup if I can. I'm in West Yorkshire and I've heard of people getting semi decent signals from Hotbird using a minidish, however those posts on other forums are a couple of years old so I don't know if its still relevant.

Thanks
    Karma Level

not many pci sat cards work with windows media centre, using dvbdream and flycccam installed in the plugin folder you can use a pay server and access a hell of a lot of channels, however use a trusted one only (seek and ye shall find)
    the other option is to do a similar thing with a dreambox/linux reciever
    I'm in east yorks and use a 60cm motorised dish, good enough for most sats, apprently the zone 2 sly dishes are supposed to be the equivalent in size.

the cccam is software emulator and 'c' line is the info to connect to a server.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks very much for the info!

DVBDream I semi had working on my system. Whether it was the app or my mood at time which made me loose patience with it I don't know but I ditched it and gave up. But, its good to have something to faff with so I'll give it another blast and see how it goes!

Thanks again

Social Networking Bookmarks