Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: LighterLife diet journal.

i can totally understand what you are saying Blaggard, but I myself am a whole 5'9" and carrying 20st around which really isn't good, and I know that. What do I do about it? Simple, nothing! What's worse here, me eating a crap diet, swilling beer down my neck most days and lazing about like a twat or is it better to do something about it and lose some weight? I totally know and understand that the best way is to exercise, eat right and cut down (or better still cut-out) the drink. I had a spell 2 years back without drink for 2 months, eating right and exercising and lost over 3 stone in that short period.

Now, I really need to do something about it, I know that, but the thought of the 'magic bullet' as you put it is so more appealing even though I am intelligent enough to know the best/right way about it, I could easily be tempted to part with what little money I have to obtain the miracle cure.

All I will say is good on you Russ for doing something about your weight whether it is right, wrong or indifferent on how you are doing it and Blaggard, i aint saying balls to you or what you have said, I hear you and wish I had the will power to do something more proactive about it. I'd say I have the will power, but not the time but I know I am just making excuses again

K
    What is it with steel wool? Is it steel? Or is it wool?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I think with daily medical observation, at a clinic or health farm etc. this kind of diet makes sense but at home?? it makes me very nervous!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hodge20001 View Post
    keep with it mate,

ive been doing a very low carb diet (no carbs basically) so just eating chicken and having full protein body builder shakes....

first week was a fuckin cunt... ive now lost 3 stone in just under 3 months... im still doing it and feel great for it... after a while mate u get patr of your routine.

the main bonus with doing a high protein diet is is fill u u up sooooooo much.... you may wanna try that if your finding this hard
    What amount of exercise are you doing Hodge and how many times a day are you eating?

Thanks
    Karma Level

other than being a low calorie intake, if your putting your self in to ketosis how is this differnt from atkins?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Atkins you keep eating protein but cut all carbs so getting at least some nourishment, the both stink in my opinion!
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by blaggard View Post
    Atkins you keep eating protein but cut all carbs so getting at least some nourishment, the both stink in my opinion!
    Neither of them would be my option either. I'd be interested to see the effects on skin and the internal organs.

Half the problem with losing weight in the conventional sensible diet/exercise is that the results are slow and steady. Realistically you shouldn't be losing more than a pound a week. But obviously people don't like doing this because for people that are vastly over weight it could literally take years. I don't know what the answer is!

Thanks
    Karma Level

iv tried this diet i done a week on it,ill tell you its fucking hard and the shakes become boring, you really miss eating solid food,it takes strong willpower to stay on this any length of time, i coudnt hack it but good luck russbeer.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jacko1 View Post
    iv tried this diet i done a week on it,ill tell you its fucking hard and the shakes become boring, you really miss eating solid food,it takes strong willpower to stay on this any length of time, i coudnt hack it but good luck russbeer.
    You're right Jacko, I've just finished my first week and I'm ready to stop. It has made me miserable, narky, tired, depressed, lethargic, and grumpy. It has taken all the fun out of life for the last 7 days, and unless tomorrows weigh in is something spectacular... its getting fucked off.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by russbeer View Post
    You're right Jacko, I've just finished my first week and I'm ready to stop. It has made me miserable, narky, tired, depressed, lethargic, and grumpy. It has taken all the fun out of life for the last 7 days, and unless tomorrows weigh in is something spectacular... its getting fucked off.
    Will you try and revert back to "normal" weight loss methods?

I think many people are under the assumption that losing weight is easy, which is why so many people give in after such a short time. It's a long road, but ultimately, rewarding. russbeer, if it takes you a year, but adds 10 to your life, then surely it's worth it?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ganty View Post
    Will you try and revert back to "normal" weight loss methods?

I think many people are under the assumption that losing weight is easy, which is why so many people give in after such a short time. It's a long road, but ultimately, rewarding. russbeer, if it takes you a year, but adds 10 to your life, then surely it's worth it?
    Totally agree with this.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I know where you are coming from Ganty, but this isn't hard, Its fuckin rock solid. Its basically starvation, and the reason they don't let people with a bmi of 29 or under do this is because it would probably kill them!
    Last edited by russbeer; 1st June 2009 at 12:43 PM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Come on Russ do not give up, this DOES work i have done the equivalent myself and i have seen literally 100 of people who have then done the diet succeed. It is hard but it is for 3 months, after 3 months you can then change it but you cannot give up after 1 week that would just be a waste of money and you will feel more shit because you have given up.

Go crazy and treat your self to a coke zero or something...!!! Feck all in it but that feels a bit human...

Remember the main thing that you pay for at lighter life is they will try and prepare you for when you do reintroduce food, that is the most important part of any diet. Not of it will be worth it if you think, feck it i have had enough and order a large curry and a naan bread.

You stomach is shrinking and once it does you will not have the hunger pains and you WILL feel better.

Good luck with the weigh in...!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Oh and if you have not done it take before and after pictures....!

And measure your body.... Thighs, calves, biceps, waist, chest etc..... I lost about 4 inches from my thighs.... I even managed to get into a pair of 501.....

Thanks
    Karma Level

So you say i'm allowed the odd coke zero? Any other little treats I could have without damaging it too much?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I do not want to put temptation in your way because by the sound of if you will be tempted. As said above by someone this diet is like atkins, it is all about the protein. It is better than atkins because the meal replacements contain all of the vitamins and minerals that your body needs. Admittedly they are not natural but you are still getting a better diet than you have had in a long time...!!!

Because it works like atkins with the keytosis side of things if you are desperate to eat just have protien..... Chicken, Cheese etc just no carbs as they will bring you out of keytosis.

Just wait until after you have been weighed in as it still can mess things up a bit and doing the diet the correct way will be easier in the long run.

Thanks
    Karma Level

well, its lunchtime, but i've resisted the temptation until I get weighed later.

Thanks for the help Mac.

Thanks
    Karma Level

good luck m8, I'm watching to see what you do before I decide if im havng a go

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Casio if you are tempted the one my wife does is call Cambridge is has more flavour options and it works out much cheeper that Lighterlife, in fact a lot of the wifes customers come from Lighterlife. I am not saying it is better but cost can be an important factor....

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i weighed myself today and have lost another 3lb

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by crashtestmac View Post
    Casio if you are tempted the one my wife does is call Cambridge is has more flavour options and it works out much cheeper that Lighterlife, in fact a lot of the wifes customers come from Lighterlife. I am not saying it is better but cost can be an important factor....
    How much does it cost Mac and if you don't mind listing the flavours of stuff? There is a Cambridge person near me and I could be persuaded to switch

especially as i like the sound of the stuff that turns the shakes to mousse!!
    Last edited by russbeer; 1st June 2009 at 02:03 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast