Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default CBR600F price and suitability

Hi, what would you lads (and ladies!) say is a fair price for a '96 P with 33.5k and 8 months T&T in good condition from a private seller? And also would this be suitable for a first bike? I'm 30 6ft and about 15 stone. Many thanks, Chris

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: CBR600F price and suitability

Haven't checked out Parkers but a ball park figure would be about a grand. I wouldn't go much higher unless it was absolutely mint.

I sold my ninja earlier this year, 96 "N" reg so the same year etc, and only got about that.
    A dealer will try and fleece about 1.5k but private should be nearer the round 1k.

As for suitability, depends what you want to use it for. They're a good sports all rounder, especially the older ones as the more recent ones are very track orientated and so not as good for road riding (thats not to say you wouldn't enjoy one ).

If its for commuting and the odd blast it should be fine .

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

ideal first bike mate, very forgiving and nippy enough til you get yourself a blade or r1!!

about a grand sounds right if its good. NO MORE!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers guys, will try to stick to a grand but think he'll be after more than that (its up for £1450, which I thought was too much) but it is spotless save a small rip on the seat and he has just lost his job so the smell of the green stuff hopefully will do the trick! I'm doing my DAS took CBT Friday last week, theory this Friday. Instructor couldn't believe I had never rode a bike before and thinks max 6 hours to get me to test standard . Just want it as a toy, I'm a taxi driver by trade and a sports car is just too much money for the use it would get. Once again thanks for the quick responces, you lot are the best!

P.S. I intend getting a Blade after a year or so, the R1 don't do much for me (my dad was always a Honda man R.I.P.)

Thanks
    Karma Level

As a toy it'll be perfect.

£1450 is a bit steep. I would haggle him right down and maybe if its as good as you say then maybe meet half way. But for that you would want nearly new tyres, chain and sprockets, battery and brake pads (generally all the consumables).
    Also check it hasn't been on track days - drilled sump nut (they have to lock wire them incase of spills) and worn foot pegs.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hi mate. I got a '96 p reg CBR600FV when I was 21. I am 6 foot and 15 stone and it was a perfect big bike to start on. Ok with pillion but you'll want to get a bigger bike after a year. Also the dead-spot at 5000 rpm will slowly grind on you, you'll see what I mean! I sold it nearly 5 years ago and the going rate then was just over £2k.

Get him down to a grand as that seat tear will annoy you if the rest of it is mint.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks for the help guys, got it at home now for £1100 but he delivered it for that so saved me renting a van to pick it up! Done the theory last and got the Mod 1 next Friday unless I can get a cancellation!

Thanks
    Karma Level

You'll love it mate - I had a hornet and mates all had cbr 600's - one mate still got and rides his P reg and loves it to pieces. You will want to upgrade but don't rush into it - a decent 600 can be all the bike you need for quite a while.