Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Fresh Progress Journal

Start Date: 10th February 2009 (Bit behind the rest of you guys!)

Start Weight: 93.5Kg

Sorry no pics!

About end of January I realised I had managed to stack on about 4 kg in very little time at all (literally 2 months) and this was simply down to a poor diet and not enough CV. The former was mainly because of work and getting into poor habits. Instead of making lunch, I would go out and get something and similarly in the evening because we often work past 8 pm we can claim a meal and everything round us in the City is a crappy take away.

Anyway, I had a weeks leave in Feb and thought I should start doing some serious CV on top of my normal work outs and again cut back on the booze and crappy habits.

I decided I wanted to lose 8.5kg to get back to the weight I was in dec 2006.

14 weeks or so on, I have managed to steadily lose the belly and I'm down to 86.5kg, or approximately, I've managed to lose 7kg in 14 weeks.

To go about this I identified how much I wanted to lose per week. Then simply broke that down as a calorie deficit per day (weekends I tend to have off as have other things to do!). The combined effect of the extra CV and the sensible diet means that I estimate I must have created a deficit in my diet of approx 800-1000 cals per day.

I have a pretty simple but varied diet with carb & protein for both breakfast and lunch and then a high percentage protein evening meal. I also have a protein shake after the gym (I have to go in the mornings), then another around 10.30 and again one more at 4pm.

I've still got a way to go and now that I'm down to a weight where I'm seeing definition again, I'm tempted to push it further. Might go and get hold of a body mass machine to calc how much fat I've actually got and push it to the limit for the summer!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Fresh Progress Journal

I'm tempted to start one up..i aint trained in 3 weeks because of my back :<

Thanks
    Karma Level

What did you do and have you been to see a physio?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    What did you do and have you been to see a physio?
    It happened during a very VIOLENT game of footie lol..its not as bad as it was..i couldn't really twist my body..that started to heal n then i somehow made it worse the following week when i tried to weights..so its been 3 weeks of lazyness and shitty eating my arms have shrunk

The progress journal is one of the BEST things you can do..im having one more week off and im starting again

Thanks
    Karma Level

Go to a physio mate - most gyms have one associated with them. NHS will take too long ;-)

And yeah, I work out anyway but had never got this flabby in my life. Guess with a bit of muscle underneath I'm at least at an advantage with burning off the fat! I've literally not missed a session in 14 weeks now. Infact I've been more times than I planned to. Can't wait for my belly to be totally reined in!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Missed my first session this week - was due to work and there was no way round it. Bit worried though as I seem to have come back upto 88kg and I'm not sure whether its due to having put on more muscle or some how packed on some flab again. Really think I need to spunk some cash on one of those machines to measure your body fat etc. Anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ask a PT or the gym bod to measure you with calipers, if they don't have them or can't do it then if you really want to know potter around other gyms, health clubs and the such. The electrical jobbies aren't really accurate.

Ignoring the scales though, how's it going? And how are you looking in the mirror(Best method of measuring progress)? And most importantly how are you feeling about yourself (physically, save mental shenanigans for another thread)?