Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default New Installation Help

Hi Guyz
    Im just doing a refurb on my daughters house, i have run cables to all rooms in the house, for tv and sky, I have all the cables in a bundle in the loft, I was looking at buying one of these
    h**p://www.triax.co.uk/upload/wolsey_webready.pdf
    with 2 inputs and 6 outputs, am I right in thinking i take the feed from the lnb direct to sat reciver. then use a feed to take that back into the loft, and have that going into one of the inputs, then connect all the cables feeding the rooms into the outputs and that will take sky around the house ?
    if thats right, are the triax ones the best ones to get ?
    Many thanks for any help Guyz
    Al

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: New Installation Help

That's correct but remember you will only be able to view the same channel on each output as you onlly have one receiver ie living room - bbc, bedroom - bbc, bedroom 2 - bbc, kitchen - bbc. I would think it possible but don't quote me on this, if you were to install a magic eye in each room you would then be able to change channels as if you were sitting in front of the receiver but since it looks as though the triax has a built in amplifier I don't know if this would interfere with the voltage output from the sky box?

As an after thought, you would not need to run cables for both sky and tv. You would use the output from the sky box to run a single cable for both sky and terrestrial tv either from ouput 1 or 2 as you would just connect the external tv aerial to the input on the sky box and seperate the two by selecting a free uhf channel for the sky box. But seeing as you have already installed the cables then that won't matter?