Residents feel shaking in quake

An earthquake, the largest measured in south Wales for 34 years, has been confirmed by seismologists. The quake was felt at 2042 BST with the epicentre near Nantyfyllon, 6.2 miles (10km) north east of Port Talbot.
The British Geological Survey confirmed the quake has a local magnitude of three.
South Wales Police said there were no reports of damage or injuries but residents reported furniture, doors and windows shaking.

I was sitting on the settee watching the television and all of a sudden the floor shook, the windows, everything

Debra Chinnock, Pyle, Bridgend

The quake was the largest in the region since May 1975, when there was an earthquake measuring 3.8 near Merthyr Tydfil.
Police said residents in the Bridgend area reported feeling tremors.
Debra Chinnock of Pyle, Bridgend, said: "I was sitting on the settee watching the television and all of a sudden the floor shook, the windows, everything. It was scary.
"We all just looked at each other and the dog barked. The neighbours all came out.
"I rang up my mother-in-law who lives up the road and she said she'd felt it too.
"I have experienced an earthquake before in Greece and my husband went through one measuring 7.2 on the Richter scale in Italy in 1982."
Rory Mainwaring from North Cornelly said he thought someone had fallen over upstairs. He said he actually blacked out and his armchair smashed into the computer.
A tremor with a 5.4 magnitude hit north Wales in 1984, while in February 2008 a quake with a 5.3 magnitude was felt in different parts of Wales, although its epicentre was in Lincolnshire.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/8086821.stm