Close

Thread: sky + box

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default sky + box

hi there i have a sky + box which uptil friday was working ok it belongs to my ex who pays for the two box since i had the box i have never connected to a phone line is this the problem as now all channels are saying there a fault try back later any ideas the other box is workinf fine

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: sky + box

have you tryed unpluging your box from the mains leaving it for about 20 seconds then pluging box back in to the mains then leave box a couple of minns to retune its self
    failing that unplug box from the mains press the backup button in on the receiver and hold in then plug box back in to the mains still holding the back up button in kepp back up button in till all the lights on front of box light up then let go of back up button and then just wait till all the light have gone out depending how your box is conected to the tv you should get a mesage on your tv screen do not touch ext if it still dont wok try your box on somebody elses dish you should still get the free to air channels no matter what

Thanks
    Karma Level

My box does this at least once a week. I unplug it for a minute or so then power it back on. Real pain in the ar5e, but it fixes the issue for a while.

Thanks
    Karma Level

try reding the fplugs on each end of the coax but insted of pulling the braid straight down as if you were using a condom pull it straight out to one side and twist it so it looks like L then pull it down the side of the rest of the coax then re screew the f plugs back on at both ends
    if its the shotgun coax be very carful when screewing fplugs back on to the receiver
    as the centre core is crap and likely to bend

Social Networking Bookmarks