Close

Thread: BSkyB

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default BSkyB

Hi guys,

i have invested in BSKYB today. brokers recomend it as a buy, with a target price(12 months) of 706. current price is 586p on the bid.

bit of news fro today which made my interest in sky perk up..

1009 GMT [Dow Jones] British Sky Broadcasting (BSY.LN) +3.2% at 589p, climbing toward the top of the FTSE 100 on market chatter that News Corp (NWS) is looking to buy-out the London-listed company at 735p per share. News Corp, owner of this newswire, holds a stake of roughly 39% in BSkyB. A trader says there have been big buyers of the shares very recently and suggests Sky Deutschland AG (SKYD.XE) might also go private. Sky Deutschland trades +3.7% at EUR2.08. Another trader adds a political slant, suggesting a Conservative UK government would be positive for BSkyB. Neither BSkyB nor News Corp's London office are immediately available to comment.(andrea.tryphonides@dowjones.com)

of course, DYOR
    Q
    If I'm not back in five minutes... wait longer!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: BSkyB

Finance & Stock Market News

UPDATE 1-BSkyB shares up on Murdoch acquisition rumour

Fri, 12th Mar 2010 16:18

Traders say Murdoch may buy rest of BSkyB

* Shares up 3.5 percent

* Analysts think deal is unlikely

(Adds reaction, updates shares and volumes)

LONDON March 12 (Reuters) - Shares in BSkyB rose 3.5 percent in strong volume to a two-year high on Friday after traders cited talk that Rupert Murdoch could take the British satellite broadcaster private.

Analysts cast doubt on the move and said they would expect the shares would be higher if traders and investors thought the rumour was serious.

A number of traders said the talk was that Murdoch's News Corporation, which owns around 39 percent of the London-listed firm, could offer 735 pence a share for the rest of it.

By 1550 GMT, more than 16 million BSkyB shares had been traded versus the 30-day average daily volume of 4.55 million. Its stock was at 591 pence.

Both BSkyB and Murdoch's News Corp declined to comment on the rumour.

UBS analyst Polo Tang said
    in a note to clients it was not clear why News Corp would want to do a deal now.

'News Corp already has effective control and it could have acquired BSkyB in the past at a lower share price,' he said. 'Separately, we believe News Corp is likely to be more focused on smaller deals.

'In our view, the only strategic rationale for News Corp making a move on BSkyB would be if they thought it was significantly undervalued and was about to enter a period of significant cash generation post significant investment in its broadband rollout.

'However, BSkyB may potentially face further investment in fibre.'

(Reporting by Jon Hopkins and Kate Holton, editing by Will Waterman) Keywords: BSKYB STOCKS/

(jon.hopkins@reuters.com; +44 207 542 8954; Reuters Messaging:jon.hopkins.reuters.com@reuters.net)

COPYRIGHT
    Copyright Thomson Reuters 2010. All rights reserved.
    The copying, republication or redistribution of Reuters News Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Thomson Reuters.
    I’m alive and kicking yeh baby.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: BSkyB

just a bit of an update from me - i sold out at 612 . didnt make much (2.6%) but need the cash for next years ISA. probably just going to stick it into lloyds - day trading is taking over my life!
    If I'm not back in five minutes... wait longer!