Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Sky + not recording

To cut a long story short basically we have one Sky+ box and a normal sky box.

The Sky+ was orginally in my bedroom but I swapped it for the normal sky box downstairs.

Hooked the normal Sky box in my room and have had no issue.

The sky+ box which is now downstairs fails everytime we try and record.
    What happens is that we record something and it appears to be recording fine ect but when we go to play it we get a message saying "No Signal" or something along those lines.
    The Sky+ box can pause live TV, not sure about the Sky Anytime feature not checked.

What I think the issue is if you look at the back of a sky+ box it needs two satilite cables connection and with a normal sky box you only need the one.

So when we orginally had the Sky installed we only have one satilite cable installed down stairs and 2 satilite cables upstairs in my room for Sky+.

We still have the warrenty for both boxes but I do not know if this includes re-installation? I do not know whether to call sky and just act dumb?

Does anyone else have any other suggestions why my sky+ is not recording?

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Sky + not recording

You need to have both feeds to use the sky+ fully ring a local installer and ask how much just to route some dual core cable to where you have the box now or go buy some and do it yourself.

Just to add you need the 2 feeds so as to watch one program and record another.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Think Sky will do this under warrenty?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

With the set up as you have it now you can only record the program you are currently watching.

What Fear states is correct.
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bt2k1 View Post
    Why should they? What part of the warranty states that if you move your box they have to run a new feed?

You will have to pay my friend, or buy some cable and do it yourself!
    "Where you are is what you eat. When I'm in London I'll have beans on toast for lunch. On holiday � what? Tapas? Go on then I'll have a bit. You eat whatevers in that area"
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bt2k1 View Post
    Nah as you have moved the boxes about, tbh its a easy job to do yourself.

Thanks
    Karma Level

all youve go to do is run a coax lead from the dish to down stairs where your sky + box is
    from what ive seen of this shotgun coax its siht just use two length of say ct 100 better than shotgon coax any day

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ABA View Post
    all youve go to do is run a coax lead from the dish to down stairs where your sky + box is
    from what ive seen of this shotgun coax its siht just use two length of say ct 100 better than shotgon coax any day
    Hmm whilst I agree Id rather have two separate feeds the shotgun cable aint shit m8!!

Also if you use shotgun its likely you can use the same hole, if you run another separate feed you will either have to drill another hole or widen the current one.
    Karl Pilkington

Thanks
    Karma Level

well weve all got our own opinion
    ive been fitting satellite dishes for the past 29 years and all the sky dishes ive been to sort out that have had the shotgun coax fitted the centre core of the coax is that soft if you dont watch what you are doing the centre core just crumples up not like ct 100 ext
    so when i say that shot gun coax is shit it is only my opinion and not anybody elses

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

well weve all got our own opinion
    ive been fitting satellite dishes for the past 29 years and all the sky dishes ive been to sort out that have had the shotgun coax fitted the centre core of the coax is that soft if you dont watch what you are doing the centre core just crumples up not like ct 100 ext
    so when i say that shot gun coax is shit it is only my opinion and not anybody elses
    I agree that the center core is more fragile than normal ct100, but thats the nature of the beast!

Its designed to take up less space therefore it has to be thinner.

I have both in my house...two boxes fitted by sky (shotgun) two by me (dual CT100) I think you see where my preference lies!
    Karl Pilkington

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

The cable you state as shotgun cable is the highest quality cable you can get and not cheap. Sky will not reinstall the feed but you could call them up and say you have a cable issue and see if the engineer that calls is willing to change the cable for you.

Its Sky's policy to make sure the customer is fully up and running and if this means changing the cable so be it.

Or purchase a lenth from Fleebay and install it yourself, the box is already paired up so your only looking to install a new single feed or change it all for dual and job done.

Regards

I’m alive and kicking yeh baby.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes agreed but if you as an independent installer/sub contractor will rush jobs but if you take your time there is nothing at all wrong with Webro CT100.

shotgun coax fitted the centre core of the coax is that soft if you dont watch what you are doing the centre core just crumples up not like ct 100 ext
    I’m alive and kicking yeh baby.